Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Binding camera

While holding the camera to press the 2 reset buttons I touched the gimbal, the portion that hold the camera, it was really hot, it's not warm, it's really hot. Hot to the point you can get burn if you touch it long enough! Is it normal? It's obviously there's something wrong with my camera!

My drone is under warranty. How to send my drone in for warranty repair? Yuneec sent me a link, but it looks like for the paid repair.

Thanks DoomMeister, I followed your instruction steps by steps. I did it twice and nothing has changed! ST16S still show the message "No SSIDs found".
Yuneec finally reached out to me and told me that make sure I have to follow the manual. They said that since my drone is discontinued, they don't have the phone tech support for it! I did not know that the Yuneec Typhoon H3 is already discontinued?!
After powering on the H3 it is quite normal, that the ST16s displays after a couple of seconds the message "No SSIDs found". In extreme cases it can take several minutes until the camera link is created. When the message "No SSIDs found" appears, you can tap at the end of the line "Searching....." the circle with the 2 arrows to initiate the searching process. Connecting the camera is often an annoying long process.

While holding the camera to press the 2 reset buttons I touched the gimbal, the portion that hold the camera, it was really hot, it's not warm, it's really hot. Hot to the point you can get burn if you touch it long enough! Is it normal? It's obviously there's something wrong with my camera!
The gimbal will become very hot when the camera cannot rotate freely in all directions.
- Did you dismount the camera transportation lock?
- When pressing the reset button the camera must not be fixed in any direction. Best is to direct the camera to its normal position and avoid any force against the rotation of the gimbal motors.

My drone is under warranty. How to send my drone in for warranty repair? Yuneec sent me a link, but it looks like for the paid repair.
I can understand warm, but hot is a definite problem and should be covered under warranty. The company that is Yuneec USA is in the LA area.

The number for them is 1-888-912-4886 and I would suggest calling them. This is the warranty page listing the H3 being in the one year warranty list.

In another thread you said you purchased the H3 at B&H and they said you were out of the return period. When did you buy the H3 and how long after receiving it before you contacted them about the camera issue?

I can understand warm, but hot is a definite problem and should be covered under warranty. The company that is Yuneec USA is in the LA area.

The number for them is 1-888-912-4886 and I would suggest calling them. This is the warranty page listing the H3 being in the one year warranty list.

In another thread you said you purchased the H3 at B&H and they said you were out of the return period. When did you buy the H3 and how long after receiving it before you contacted them about the camera issue?
Hi DoomMeister,

I wish I can bring the H3 in to their facility. LA is just about 30minutes drive for me. I tried multiple times to call the phone number, the same number you gave me, the phone kept on ringing and it disconnect after a while.

I ordered the drone on 12/13/21 with B&H, and it arrived a few days after Christmas (special order). I could only open the box to make sure no damage or missing anything. I did not touch the drone for the first time until 3/1/22. Brought it to the park, going through the startup steps (according to the instructions attached with the H3). I was so surprise that the H3, we have to bind the camera. I watched hundreds of Youtube videos about Typhoon H, H+,... I don't see that you have to bind the camera for the 1st fly. I was stuck there since then. Ironically, my brand new H3 has never been off the ground. 3/10/22, after I tried everything and listened to every suggestion and advice from fellow drone pilot, and most of all, I could not hear anything back from Yuneec, I decided to return the drone to B&H. When I checked they said the return period has expired.

Yuneec finally got back to me, but then they went through all the generic steps, which I had been trough hundred times. The communication is via email and it takes a few days for them to reply to me. They said to me that since my H3 model is a discontinued drone, they don't have phone support for that! Is it really? H3 is discontinued drone already? Or they mistakenly think my drone is H?! When I asked for the process of sending my H3 in for warranty repair, they sent me the link for a paid repair. When I pressed that my H3 should be under warranty. They then asked for the B&H invoice. I sent them everything, 3 days later, via email they asked me for the order number which listed in the invoice. I was patiently replied to them with order number in big fond in the body of the email and reattached the invoice. It's been 3 days, I have not heard anything back from them!

Thank you for your continuing support!

• Sad
Reactions: Steve Carr
The poor support from Yuneec USA has been the reason I have not taken the plunge for a new system.

When you were calling Yuneec and not getting through there is no way they knew you were calling for support of a discontinued model. Being discontinued does not break the warranty on a newly purchased piece of merchandise and dragging their feet in response to calls and e-mails is not a way to attract new customers. Especially now that they want to concentrate on professional level drones. If I was running a business flying drones I want a way to contact the company and get support at least on weekdays during normal business hours.

I’m sorry for your plight! I like Yuneec equipment l, but their customer support is still lacking in the USA.

It's been 4 days since I re-sent them my H3 invoice from B&H for the 2nd time and still have not heard back from Yuneec. I called the phone number again today and at least I was able to talk to the machine! At least this time I had the option to leave a voice mail. I don't know what to do? Steve, DoomMeister, do you have any advice? Yuneec.com and Yuneecskins.com, which one is Yuneec official website?

• Sad
It's been 4 days since I re-sent them my H3 invoice from B&H for the 2nd time and still have not heard back from Yuneec. I called the phone number again today and at least I was able to talk to the machine! At least this time I had the option to leave a voice mail. I don't know what to do? Steve, DoomMeister, do you have any advice? Yuneec.com and Yuneecskins.com, which one is Yuneec official website?
us.yuneec.com is the official Yuneec for the USA and the one you need to go through for warranty claims. Hound them on a daily basis until you get satisfaction. Do not sit idly by and waste time getting this resolved.

YuneecSkins is a separate business that is authorized for repair on post warranty work.

us.yuneec.com is the official Yuneec for the USA and the one you need to go through for warranty claims. Hound them on a daily basis until you get satisfaction. Do not sit idly by and waste time getting this resolved.

YuneecSkins is a separate business that is authorized for repair on post warranty work.
Here's what Yuneec reply to me without any explanation of the policy change. The website is still listed H3 is warrantied for 1 year. My drone is 3 month old since I bought it!
"Unfortunately your drone is no longer covered under the one year manufacturer warranty.

Please consider having it repaired here: yuneec service"

Here's what Yuneec reply to me without any explanation of the policy change. The website is still listed H3 is warrantied for 1 year. My drone is 3 month old since I bought it!
"Unfortunately your drone is no longer covered under the one year manufacturer warranty.

Please consider having it repaired here: yuneec service"

This is beyond unacceptable. Their website states the H3 is covered by a 1 year warranty and they are refusing to live up to the warranty?

This is starting to smell awfully familiar.

I just clicked on the repair link and they want $340 to repair the H3 and that does not include the camera. Even worse is that the camera is the problem on this one.

So much for Advanced Technology being the “new and improved Yuneec USA”! This is the kind of bovine feces you would expect out of a seller on AliExpress not a company based in Los Angeles, CA. I am deeply pained seeing an American dealership treat a customer this way.

It really stinks that they discontinue the product without telling resellers to advertise it as discontinued and that it no longer carries the one year full parts and labor warranty. And you can’t blame the customer for not using due diligence because the Yuneec US website still lists the H3 as eligible for the one year warranty and here is the screenshot from their website to prove it:
493A4F2C-3C9C-40AC-828C-BCF88B5CBB48.jpeg

I would like for Advanced Technologies who owns Yuneec USA to explain their actions here on the forum.

Last edited:
It's very hard for me to comprehend Yuneec's actions on this suppose to be an easy decision, a brand new drone which is not even flown once! I hope this is just a wrong doing of an employee. I would hope that Yuneec upper management would quickly override this decision and make it right. It's a shame on Yuneec who are trying to gain the market shares on drone industry. I can't wait to hear their explanation on this forum.

It's very hard for me to comprehend Yuneec's actions on this suppose to be an easy decision, a brand new drone which is not even flown once! I hope this is just a wrong doing of an employee. I would hope that Yuneec upper management would quickly override this decision and make it right. It's a shame on Yuneec who are trying to gain the market shares on drone industry. I can't wait to hear their explanation on this forum.
You will likely not hear anything on this forum as we are not affiliated with Yuneec the company. We are a group of pilots just like you that own and fly Yuneec products. I truly wish they did monitor and participate in the forum. I believe it would have helped their business, but that is coming from a person that spent 30 years working at a company devoted to “continuous improvement” where the goal was “zero defects” to the customer.

You need to stay in contact and ask to speak with higher management. Maybe some members that had issues with their H520E system have another phone or email contact that you could use to get in touch with Advanced Technologies.

@ArcticFrost you can try this email address:

[email protected]

The name of the company for Yuneec USA is:

Advanced Technology Labs | YUNEEC

Since you are in the area you may try pursuing a case through the better business bureau or other consumer protection agency in California.

When you bought this from B&H was it a brand new system? Not a returned or open box item.

@ArcticFrost you can try this email address:

[email protected]

The name of the company for Yuneec USA is:

Advanced Technology Labs | YUNEEC

Since you are in the area you may try pursuing a case through the better business bureau or other consumer protection agency in California.

When you bought this from B&H was it a brand new system? Not a returned or open box item.
I bought new (hopefully), or at least one thing I know for sure I paid for the price of a new item, not used! Lol The box looked good to me, no side of damage or used. The thing is I don't remember seeing any seal?! I bought through B&H and paid $150, instead Amazon for that reason. I trust B&H and bought all my camera and gears through them.

Hi Steve! Believe it or not, my warranty claim hasn't moved an inch! After I contacted the 2 persons that Yuneec asked me to contact for the claim, no one replied me for more than a week and continue to reach out to them. Finally 1 person replied back to me saying my email went to his junk folder. And now after I submitted all required documents, it's been a week and I still have not heard form them!

• Sad

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DHYradio