Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Binding camera

I was diverted to a person named Robin to process my claim. Whatever he requested I timely provided them to him. I emailed to follow up if I didn't hear back from him. He gave me excuse after excuse (i.e. my email went to his "junk" folder, he was out of town for a business trip, and so on... And now he completely stopped responding to me for more than a week.

I was diverted to a person named Robin to process my claim. Whatever he requested I timely provided them to him. I emailed to follow up if I didn't hear back from him. He gave me excuse after excuse (i.e. my email went to his "junk" folder, he was out of town for a business trip, and so on... And now he completely stopped responding to me for more than a week.
Is Robin with Advanced Technology Labs or another company for warranty claims?

Is Robin with Advanced Technology Labs or another company for warranty claims?
Hi DoomMeister,
After Yuneec rejected my claim, I challenged them and finally they got back to me and apologized for wrongfully rejected my claim. They referred me to 2 persons; Robin (his email alias @yuneec.com) and Bennett (his email alias @advancedtechnologylabs.com). I reached out to both and Bennett told me to get with Robin. Whatever document/info he asked I timely provided him. He's very slow on responding my emails, but the last 10 days, he completely disconnected! It's really sad the way they treat a customer like that. I told them to please make it right because the Yuneec Pilots Forum community is really curious to know the outcome of my claim. I'll keep you all posted.

It was a sad time to see the decline of the original Yuneec USA and its demise of going into receivership a couple of years ago. Then a new Yuneec USA was launched by Advanced Technology Labs in the latter part of 2020 if memory serves me correctly.

This was a sign of hope for all of the Yuneec customer base in the US and Canada. Unfortunately they have been a disappointment in my opinion. The phone number listed on their website rarely works and when you do get through the women that answers is basically clueless when it comes to drones and there is never a live tech to talk to. Every time I have submitted a tech ticket on their website it is answered by @kayako.com which from my understanding is actually Yuneec EU.

I am really glad I have refrained from purchasing any newer Yuneec products from them. In my opinion they are blind and uncaring to their customers and do very little to promote the use of Yuneec products here in North America other than send me their measly $100 incentive emails at least once a month. That won’t even buy 1/2 of a battery, much less make me want to buy a new system at $2000+ that I can’t even reach a live tech agent if I have a problem.

Very, very disappointed especially after the ordeal you have been going through.

I drove 1hr15' each way to drop off my H3 for repair. I was glad that I did the driving, otherwise I am not sure if i shipped it, it would make it there and if anyone at the warehouse knows what was going on! Obviously, no one knew anything about my claim, with me in person, it took me a while to explain to them. I asked them to do a quick troubleshoot to see what was going on. They did try, then swapped the camera and the controller S16s,... then informed me that the H3 has "deep issues"!!!!

• Wow
Reactions: Steve Carr
Was that in the LA metro area?

Hope they get you squared away soon. You are coming up on 5 months of ownership without being able to use it yet. Absolutely ludicrous.

• Sad
Reactions: ArcticFrost
It's absolutely ludicrous! I hope they do! Thanks for feeling my pain.
Hope they get you squared away soon. You are coming up on 5 months of ownership without being able to use it yet. Absolutely ludicrous.
After dropping my H3 off for repair for a full week, I called the Service Center and the guy there told me they found the issue and I will hear from the bosses; they will call me! I've been waiting for too long to hopefully being able to flight my brand-new drone for the first time; so instead of waiting for them to call, I reached out to them via email. Here come the verdict: "based on Wesley analysis, the problem is that the damper is broken due to incorrect use, so the silicon-based oil enters the lens and damaged the lens. Therefore, the machine cannot be repaired at present, so it can only replace the lens and related accessories, and the replacement cost shall be borne by the customer." This is totally BS to me. The drone has not been flown once, never passed the binding stage! The camera failed to connect to the controller. I can be blind, but if my brain is connected to my body I still be able to move my arm and legs, right? I don't know what should I do? Maybe I just move on and consider this case as being pickpocket!

After dropping my H3 off for repair for a full week, I called the Service Center and the guy there told me they found the issue and I will hear from the bosses; they will call me! I've been waiting for too long to hopefully being able to flight my brand-new drone for the first time; so instead of waiting for them to call, I reached out to them via email. Here come the verdict: "based on Wesley analysis, the problem is that the damper is broken due to incorrect use, so the silicon-based oil enters the lens and damaged the lens. Therefore, the machine cannot be repaired at present, so it can only replace the lens and related accessories, and the replacement cost shall be borne by the customer." This is totally BS to me. The drone has not been flown once, never passed the binding stage! The camera failed to connect to the controller. I can be blind, but if my brain is connected to my body I still be able to move my arm and legs, right? I don't know what should I do? Maybe I just move on and consider this case as being pickpocket!
Forgot to mention, they said that I have to pay for the replacement camera, but if they are lucky to find one. Because right now, quote: "unfortunately, there is not any camera in the US inventory." It likes I bought a 2021 Toyota Tundra, and May 2022 I can't find the catalytic converter! (Just being sarcastic!)

I probably get the drone back and set it on fire and put it on Youtube to get some views?!

You have to pay for a warranty replacement??!!! What kind of BS are they trying to pull? You need to contact someone in the California state government that deals with companies that do not live up to their posted warranty ( Attorney General’s Office?). See if they can help. Yuneec USA is a franchise of Yuneec Ltd. and is owned and operated by Advanced Technology Labs which is an American company and subject to US business laws.

You have to pay for a warranty replacement??!!! What kind of BS are they trying to pull? You need to contact someone in the California state government that deals with companies that do not live up to their posted warranty ( Attorney General’s Office?). See if they can help. Yuneec USA is a franchise of Yuneec Ltd. and is owned and operated by Advanced Technology Labs which is an American company and subject to US business laws.
Yes, they want me to pay for the replacement of the camera. Of course they blamed that because of my "incorrect use" of the drone which caused the damaged of the camera lens. How could I "incorrect use" of a drone that I could not even fly it once! I'm looking into filing a complain with Better Business Bureau (BBB). I emailed back to them challenging their blaming of "incorrect use", but they have not yet replied me. Thank you for your advice!

Reactions: WTFDproject
Yes, they want me to pay for the replacement of the camera. Of course they blamed that because of my "incorrect use" of the drone which caused the damaged of the camera lens. How could I "incorrect use" of a drone that I could not even fly it once! I'm looking into filing a complain with Better Business Bureau (BBB). I emailed back to them challenging their blaming of "incorrect use", but they have not yet replied me. Thank you for your advice!
I can't find Advanced Technology Labs. I can only find Yuneec USA or Yuneec Skins on BBB website.

They are so disappointing. The old company was excellent.
Hi Steve, does Yuneec controller ST16 record flight data such as the total lifetime flying time of the drone? (DJI does have it) My first Yuneec drone was the H3 that I bought, but unfortunately I have not had a chance to fly it off the ground for even a second, so I don't know whether or not it records the flight data?! The reason I ask this because I want to prove to Yuneec that my drone has not flown in the air for a second. I dropped off my H3 in Yuneec repair facility in Riverside for 2 months and 7 days, and so far, I could not get a hold of anyone about the status of the repair. The last verdict they charged me with was I flow my drone incorrectly and I damaged the gimbal and the fluid from the gimbal damaged the camera. Therefore the camera could not be binded with the controller! What a bogus charge! Of course that is their tactic to get away with the warranty! I contacted the AG Office and they suggested that I should give them time to work on the issue. I think more than 2 months is good enough, don't you think?
They are so disappointing. The old company was excellent.

Hi Steve, does Yuneec controller ST16 record flight data such as the total lifetime flying time of the drone? (DJI does have it) My first Yuneec drone was the H3 that I bought, but unfortunately I have not had a chance to fly it off the ground for even a second, so I don't know whether or not it records the flight data?! The reason I ask this because I want to prove to Yuneec that my drone has not flown in the air for a second. I dropped off my H3 in Yuneec repair facility in Riverside for 2 months and 7 days, and so far, I could not get a hold of anyone about the status of the repair. The last verdict they charged me with was I flow my drone incorrectly and I damaged the gimbal and the fluid from the gimbal damaged the camera. Therefore the camera could not be binded with the controller! What a bogus charge! Of course that is their tactic to get away with the warranty! I contacted the AG Office and they suggested that I should give them time to work on the issue. I think more than 2 months is good enough, don't you think?
The ST16 has FlightLog data and the aircraft itself records total time in ulog (ulg) files. If you follow the instructions for retrieving the flightlogs from the H Plus in the attached document you should be able to upload the resulting zip file here.

Attachments

• WTFDproject Rev89.pdf
    46.9 MB · Views: 2
Steve, I checked and my router has 5G. I could see the IP address of the controller connected with 5G. I don't see the camera on my phone. How can I find the IP address of the camera? I called Yuneec using the phone number posted on the website:

YUNEEC Americas​

Phone: 888-912-4886
Contact Us

So far there's not return call nor email!!! It's sad and total disappointment!
Try calling Vertigo Drones for info - Did you try removing camera from H3 and reattaching?

Try calling Vertigo Drones for info - Did you try removing camera from H3 and reattaching?
Vertigo Drones cannot authorize warranty work. Only Yuneec USA.

The ST16 has FlightLog data and the aircraft itself records total time in ulog (ulg) files. If you follow the instructions for retrieving the flightlogs from the H Plus in the attached document you should be able to upload the resulting zip file here.
Thank you so much! I just sent Yuneec an email telling them that I will retrieve my un-repair drone after 70days of zero progress. I let them know that I will file a complain with the Office of the Attorney General after I retrieve my drone.

Reactions: Steve Carr

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wiebeedigital