Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Blue Lights/ New Battery

Reaction score
I just got a new OEM Battery for my H. Maybe this one was for the H+ because it doesnt have the small circle contacts but rather the square holes. Anyway It wont charge and giving me the Blue light treatment. I have the OEM sc4000 charger that still charges my other batteries. Ive tried unpluging and even the ol Slam it in there but still a blue light. The battery flew well this morning when i test drove it for a couple mins but now i cant charge it. Another $100 on this drone and I cant buy anything more for it, That would be ridiculous. That Mavic Mini is looking real good about now but how will i attach my CGO3 to it, lol :)

Where did you you buy the battery? Did they advertise it to be for the Typhoon H instead of the Typhoon H+?

If you are using the OEM charger and not putting your batteries to storage voltage between flights you are robbing your batteries of a longer useful life.

The OEM charger for the Typhoon H is designed to charge regular 4S LiPo batteries, even if the round pins made contact with the mini Deans on the H+ battery it would not charge to its full 17.4V LiHV cell level.

Try flying that Mavic Mini in the winds that the Typhoon H can handle. It would be Bye Bye Mini.

Last edited:
Where did you you buy the battery? Did they advertise it to be for the Typhoon H instead of the Typhoon H+?

If you are using the OEM charger and not putting your batteries to storage voltage between flights you are robbing your batteries of a longer useful life.

The OEM charger for the Typhoon H is designed to charge regular 4S LiPo batteries, even if the round pins made contact with the mini Deans on the H+ battery it would not charge to its full 17.4V LiHV cell level.

Try flying that Mavic Mini in the winds that the Typhoon H can handle. It would be Bye Bye Mini.
Yeah them jerks advertised it in the Title for H and H+. Ive just found 3 other sellers with the same. So I sent them a message asking them to kindly change the Title as to not mislead people. Maybe Ill settle with a GiFi But then ill always wonder if it will fall out the sky like so many say. Yet others absolutley love them

Yuneec Skins will have new batteries soon we are hoping. They will not be GiFi and should be reasonably priced.

H520/H+ batteries can be safely used (if you monitor the voltage level) in an H480, and the H480 batteries can be used in the H520/H+ with the same stipulation. The problem either way is the setting for low voltage alarms due to the differing battery chemistry LiPo vs. LiHV.

I would recommend getting a quality multicharger and adapter cables for the Yuneec batteries so they can be monitored, charged, and placed in storage as necessary. Many of those chargers have settings for Smart batteries should you ever get a DJI.

Last edited:
I get blue light error occasionally on a perfectly fine battery, and what I've found is that unplugging the charger and waiting a while (like 10 or more minutes) resets the problem.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop