Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

breeze 4k camera servo motor

Reaction score
Hello,

I got new Breeze a month ago, still covered by warranty, but Yuneec support has gotten somewhat weird lately, they could not tell me whether drone would be covered for repair (even I sent them serial, flight logs and pics).

What happened is that tilt on camera does not work at all, I took breeze completely apart and determined the servo motor beneath the camera is the problem. It does not do anything, looks completely fried. So I tried looking for servo motor replacement on ebay/amazon but could not find one that looks like what they have inside the unit.

Does anyone know what type of motor this is (someone mentioned its digital servo on forum), but does anyone know where to get the replacement servo motor or what type it is?

I am going to do it myself if I can as its fairly straightforward, I don't wanna be sending this thing back to Yuneec as they may charge for repair plus there is additional wait time.

Thanks.

Hello,

I got new Breeze a month ago, still covered by warranty, but Yuneec support has gotten somewhat weird lately, they could not tell me whether drone would be covered for repair (even I sent them serial, flight logs and pics).

What happened is that tilt on camera does not work at all, I took breeze completely apart and determined the servo motor beneath the camera is the problem. It does not do anything, looks completely fried. So I tried looking for servo motor replacement on ebay/amazon but could not find one that looks like what they have inside the unit.

Does anyone know what type of motor this is (someone mentioned its digital servo on forum), but does anyone know where to get the replacement servo motor or what type it is?

I am going to do it myself if I can as its fairly straightforward, I don't wanna be sending this thing back to Yuneec as they may charge for repair plus there is additional wait time.

Thanks.
You basically voided your warranty when you opened the unit up, without Yuneec CS giving you instructions to do so. You may be able to find the part listed on eBay by someone parting their Breeze out, but I have not seen the servo listed in retailer parts lists. You might also try Carolina Drones or Ingenious Ingenuity.

You basically voided your warranty when you opened the unit up, without Yuneec CS giving you instructions to do so. You may be able to find the part listed on eBay by someone parting their Breeze out, but I have not seen the servo listed in retailer parts lists. You might also try Carolina Drones or Ingenious Ingenuity.

Yes. I was aware that I voided my warranty. But since drone was under $200 and it crashed multiple times (not my fault) I assumed it was voided already, since they say explicitly on their site warranty is not applicable when drone crashes. Also their support has gotten pretty bad, I was not able to get ahold of anyone on the phone, ended up using ticketing and emails (apparently phone support is shutdown from what message said). I asked them about buying part from them but they would not reply and kept ignoring me. My biggest fear was sending drone to them and they holding me hostage over repair fees, which could be obscenely high. Right now I can buy camera+servo for about $36.00 on ebay or I can find servo that I can retro-fit in by soldering directly, most of digital servos are similar. the only difference is the power plug. I'll check the sources you mention to see if anyone sells. Thanks.

The warranty covers crashes due to equipment malfunctions, but not plot error crashes. If in the warranty period you should always contact them.

http://Yuneec.com/support select Speak to a Pro, try to use the live chat first. If you keep getting no one available, then schedule a support phone call and they will call at the appoint slot you select.

The warranty covers crashes due to equipment malfunctions, but not plot error crashes. If in the warranty period you should always contact them.

http://Yuneec.com/support select Speak to a Pro, try to use the live chat first. If you keep getting no one available, then schedule a support phone call and they will call at the appoint slot you select.

I did contact them through ticketing and emails, and as mentioned I wanted to determine whether it was covered by sending flight logs, photos and detailed description, however they did not respond and did not tell me anything. I did not wanna send drone to them and end up without knowing if its covered or not, because if its not I have no way of knowing whether they will keep it there until I pay for repair or who knows what.

Anyways I dissasembled the servo completely, micro controller is fine, it seems the motor is burned out. So I'll see if I can find generic one somewhere and put the thing back or end up buying the camera+servo part. Thanks.

I did contact them through ticketing and emails, and as mentioned I wanted to determine whether it was covered by sending flight logs, photos and detailed description, however they did not respond and did not tell me anything. I did not wanna send drone to them and end up without knowing if its covered or not, because if its not I have no way of knowing whether they will keep it there until I pay for repair or who knows what.
Yuneec CS never responds to unsolicited emails. The online ticket is rarely answered either CS must be contacted by live chat or scheduled phone call.

Yuneec CS never responds to unsolicited emails. The online ticket is rarely answered either CS must be contacted by live chat or scheduled phone call.

They did respond first time. After the ticket was opened. But not afterwards. Last time I called their phone lines, they said support is now only through tickets and emails there is no live person to talk to anymore on phone from what I understood. Live chat did not work at the time.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval