Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Breeze batteries draining (too) fast

Glad to see more normal readings for your batteries. Many that have been into RC for years condition their new batteries for about 10 charge/discharge cycles before placing any heavy loads on them. The type of flight you were doing with the Breeze just hovering is a good type as it loads the batteries with the motors running, but doesn’t stress them with high current draws that extended climbs or high speed maneuvers can produce.

I rarely fly mine to the voltage warning. I’ll bring my Breeze back when I reach the 30% mark and I’m aloft for an average of about 9 minutes. You may see a little less at your altitude, but Scott is more than double your altitude and is not drastically less than myself for time aloft.

You can analyze your own flight logs by using Helmut Elsner’s Q500log2kml.exe program that is mentioned in post #6 in the thread for the Guide to Analyzing Breeze Cam FlightLogs. It is a fun tool to use, as well as being very useful.

Last edited:
Hi all,

I faced the same issue with this problem. My battery drain very fast.

Right after take off, the battery drain almost 1second for 1 percent. I go through the forum and checked my battery with multimeter.

At the breeze cam app it shows 5%..but i measure it got
1st cell 3.7v
2nd cell 3.65v
3rd cell 3.9v

It seems like physically the battery still got voltage, but the breeze received wrong signal.

Anyone face the same issue?

Appreciate for any help. Thanks.

Hi @xerexz,
What are the voltage readings after a full charge?
In the discharged state, your pack is obviously unbalanced by the readings you report, so the charger should go into balance mode during the next charge, too (red flashing led, I believe).
Hi all,

I faced the same issue with this problem. My battery drain very fast.

Right after take off, the battery drain almost 1second for 1 percent. I go through the forum and checked my battery with multimeter.

At the breeze cam app it shows 5%..but i measure it got
1st cell 3.7v
2nd cell 3.65v
3rd cell 3.9v

It seems like physically the battery still got voltage, but the breeze received wrong signal.

Anyone face the same issue?

Appreciate for any help. Thanks.

Hi @xerexz,
What are the voltage readings after a full charge?
In the discharged state, your pack is obviously unbalanced by the readings you report, so the charger should go into balance mode during the next charge, too (red flashing led, I believe).

Hi, thanks for the reply.

I yet to read the voltage after a full charge.
And yes, the next charge the charger go into the balance mode almost 35minutes. After the full charge i test again, but the result remain same.

During the charge phase the charger’s LED should blink red for most of the charge, then near the end of charging it will balance charge shown by alternating red and green flashes. Once fully charged the LED will be solid green.

At full charge each cell should measure 4.20V +/-0.01V for a total pack voltage of 12.6V.

I’m not sure how old your batteries are, or what their charging history has been. If all you have been using is the OEM Breeze charger, and leaving the batteries fully discharged or fully charged during storage times, they may be beyond recovery at this point.

Post the voltages you get for each cell right after charging, then after sitting for 30 minutes, and after hovering the Breeze until you get to 30% and landing. This should give us a better idea of the health status of your batteries.

During the charge phase the charger’s LED should blink red for most of the charge, then near the end of charging it will balance charge shown by alternating red and green flashes. Once fully charged the LED will be solid green.

At full charge each cell should measure 4.20V +/-0.01V for a total pack voltage of 12.6V.

I’m not sure how old your batteries are, or what their charging history has been. If all you have been using is the OEM Breeze charger, and leaving the batteries fully discharged or fully charged during storage times, they may be beyond recovery at this point.

Post the voltages you get for each cell right after charging, then after sitting for 30 minutes, and after hovering the Breeze until you get to 30% and landing. This should give us a better idea of the health status of your batteries.
Hi, thanks again for the reply.

After fully charge:
1st cell 4.24
2nd 4.25
3rd 4.24

After landed (which breeze cam app shows 4% battery)
1st cell 3.84
2nd 3.85
3rd 3.83

FYI,all this while i've been using Original charger and battery, right from the box. My unit around 9months ++

I suspect not the battery problem, but mainlu from the chip which send the battery % to the main pcb board. (seems like misreading).

My firmware up to date.

Thanks.

Okay, these battery look fine. What flight time did you get from this charge? Your first post seemed to indicate about 2 minutes, what was it now?

Okay, these battery look fine. What flight time did you get from this charge? Your first post seemed to indicate about 2 minutes, what was it now?
Ya, the voltage seems fine, but for this i just get 3 minutes.

.... which is way too short. You should get about 9 to 10 minutes.
Do you accidentally have a friend that owns a hobby grade LiPo charger? Those can determine how many amps a battery takes / delivers, and sometimes also estimate the internal resistance of a battery.

Reactions: DoomMeister
I am thinking the IR (internal resistance) is really high in this battery. Mine read in the high teens to low twenties in milliohms and I get 9 to 10 minutes on an average flight.

The balance charge phase is quite long so there must be some imbalance in the cells’ IR.

Thanks for both reply. So from your opinion it seems the battery's IR cause the issue.

Which can conclude that bad battery?

Thanks for both reply. So from your opinion it seems the battery's IR cause the issue.

Which can conclude that bad battery?
Most likely it is bad. Try running it through about 10 charge and discharge to 30% by hovering. See if your flight times improve at all. If they don’t then it is time to consider getting new batteries.

Reactions: robbie2
Most likely it is bad. Try running it through about 10 charge and discharge to 30% by hovering. See if your flight times improve at all. If they don’t then it is time to consider getting new batteries.
Thank you for the recommendation. I will try later.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval