Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Breeze Cam app crashes

Reaction score
Hi all! So what I have been reading in these threads from the beginning is that the Breeze Cam application will not be updated? Am I missing something? My Breeze cam application continues to crash every time you try to use the app.
So is there a updated app, if not why not? I will be reading the terms and conditions closely, as customers were we advised of a end date for the app? How can they still be selling this model with a now working app. So if anyone can give me some updated information, so I can take this problem up the chain. Thank you

The Breeze has been a legacy product for two years or more. The app has not been updated since 2018. Updates to iOS n the meantime have broken the app. Older equipment with iOS versions before 14 will still work most of the time.

Another alternative is to use an older Android v8 or earlier as those still work without crashing.

Best of luck moving up the chain! I’ve tried and all I got was sore arms from rattling the chains.

The Breeze has been a legacy product for two years or more. The app has not been updated since 2018. Updates to iOS n the meantime have broken the app. Older equipment with iOS versions before 14 will still work most of the time.

Another alternative is to use an older Android v8 or earlier as those still work without crashing.

Best of luck moving up the chain! I’ve tried and all I got was sore arms from rattling the chains.

Thank you DoomMeister for your response and information. I also understand that the app is in the hands of a third party. Do you know who maintains the app now? Save a step in having the paperwork filed to get all the information.

Thank you DoomMeister for your response and information. I also understand that the app is in the hands of a third party. Do you know who maintains the app now? Save a step in having the paperwork filed to get all the information.
Both versions of the app were developed by contractors. To my knowledge the iOS version still undergoes the approval process with Apple every so often to keep it on the App Store and will be unavailable for 2 to 4 weeks every time that comes due.

The Android version is on the downloads section of YuneecSkins.com and there are also some cloned versions of the Android app that allow greater distances on the geo fences, faster speed, etc. See this post
Post in thread 'Breeze Cam IOS version crashing on use.'
Breeze Cam IOS version crashing on use.

DoomMeister:

Have you tried the latest iOS16 and iPadOS16 with the Breeze app? I have an iPhone 11 and a 5th generation iPad. The app has always been crashing lately, of course, until I tried it this week with the OS16. The app did not crash when I touched "NEXT." I tried connecting with the Breeze several times and everything worked. It's too cold and windy to go outside lately so I have not flown the Breeze. I quit the app, restarted it and everything has been working. I haven't tried the controller yet. Has anyone else had this good luck with their Breeze 4K or was it just the planets' positions?

Reactions: DoomMeister
That is good news if this works for other iOS users. I have not tried it and will have to wait until my return to Michigan for the summer as I left the Breeze there.

Hopefully others will see your post and give the Breeze a try again.

DoomMeister:

Have you tried the latest iOS16 and iPadOS16 with the Breeze app? I have an iPhone 11 and a 5th generation iPad. The app has always been crashing lately, of course, until I tried it this week with the OS16. The app did not crash when I touched "NEXT." I tried connecting with the Breeze several times and everything worked. It's too cold and windy to go outside lately so I have not flown the Breeze. I quit the app, restarted it and everything has been working. I haven't tried the controller yet. Has anyone else had this good luck with their Breeze 4K or was it just the planets' positions?
Greetings all,

I inadvertently found the app wasn't crashing. Hadn't been following this forum for over a year (almost two years), but wish I heard about this sooner. The dusty old Breeze from the basement flew today for the first time since 2021. I'll check out some of the features when conditions improve, March, maybe April...

DoomMeister:

I tried using the App on an I-Phone 11 using iOS 16.3 and it worked extremely well. The Breeze took off and flew without any issues.

Reactions: DoomMeister
I'm glad to see others are finding that the Breeze is compatible with the new IOS..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop