Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Breeze Cam IOS version crashing on use.

It has nothing to do with the iso version. I have run the app on my iPad 2, my iPod 5, and my iPad Pro. I have never updated anything on the iPad 2 or the iPod. The environment was never changed for those devices since it last ran. Therefore, it must be in the app itself. It crashed on every thing; even my android phone. It‘s like it has an expiration date. The only way I could make it work was with a hacked android breeze app. But I want it to work on my iPad. Yuneec doesn’t appear to be worried about their customers as the problem has existed for some time. I hope the pros are taking notice and their business elseware. I don’t like law suits but it seems class action suits are the only way companies will stop this bs. Fix the #@$#*# app, Yuneec!!!
If you read my posts you would realize that I have said from the start that it was like it had a time bomb. There is supposedly a fixed version on the EU Apple App Stores with a date of 19 Apr 2021. It has not appeared on other app stores as of yet.

It has nothing to do with the iso version. I have run the app on my iPad 2, my iPod 5, and my iPad Pro. I have never updated anything on the iPad 2 or the iPod. The environment was never changed for those devices since it last ran. Therefore, it must be in the app itself. It crashed on every thing; even my android phone. It‘s like it has an expiration date. The only way I could make it work was with a hacked android breeze app. But I want it to work on my iPad. Yuneec doesn’t appear to be worried about their customers as the problem has existed for some time. I hope the pros are taking notice and their business elseware. I don’t like law suits but it seems class action suits are the only way companies will stop this bs. Fix the #@$#*# app, Yuneec!!!
It was working fine on my iPhone 7 with older os. When they updated, it no longer works. However I CAN get it to work on my old iTouch with an old OS on it. I don't think it can even update to the OS that seems to be causing the problem. I don't see any evidence of any updated version in the AP store though. :-( Why would they update an overseas version and not the U.S. ??

May 30, 2021. I downloaded the "latest version" of Breeze Cam again, but by the version numbers, it's still appeared to be the same one. Tried opening the AP and it didn't Crash! When I went to "Tasks" and clicked on PILOT it would go to the "Slide To Proceed" screen, but then Immediately go to the "Pilot" Black Instruction screens. I played it it a bit, and not sure what I did .... but I actually got it to "lift off". The next time it seemed easier and I actually got it to work!! So it's not broke? I wish I knew just what I did, to get passed that black Intro screen. I think I hit the "Take Off Button before it had a chance for the Black info Screen, to pop up. Regardless it seems to be working now, using IOS 14.6. Don't know why or how, just know it works .... again! Thanks for all the suggestions and help from everyone who submitted entries on this! Wheee!

If you swipe through all of the instruction screens it will not appear the next time you go to that Task mode.

What country’s App Store were you able to get the new version from? What phone and iOS version are you using?

Yes now almost aug 2021 and i cant use my breeze ios just still crashing, wont see mr buying this brand ever again ....

Yes now almost aug 2021 and i cant use my breeze ios just still crashing, wont see mr buying this brand ever again ....
If you read other threads on the forum you will know that it worked until Apple released iOS 14. If you have an older iPhone that still runs earlier versions of iOS it will work.

The Android version still works and if you acquire an older Android phone for cheap there is also a cloned version of Breeze Cam that extends the geo fences to 500 meters.

I’m not sure what sure what you are expecting out of a selfie drone that was released over 4 years ago and sells for under $150.

Also this forum is not part of Yuneec Ltd. We are a group of owners like yourself that collectively try to educate and support each other.

The app is stable on ios 12.7.
I have an ipad mini 2 just for old drones and it is the last release, so I’m good.
my iphone is version 14.1 ios and it doesnt work. It is OS dependent. I cant flash it back but dont want to.

I doubt the yuneec will fix it, they abandoned consumer product in USA.
They no longer sell Breeze or Mantis in EU or UK

iOS 14 has been a major issue with many apps and has a lot of iPhone users upset with its compatibility issues. We can only hope that iOS 15 will remedy some of the failings of iOS 14. It would be nice if Breeze Cam worked again on updated systems.

ALLL IS WELL !!!
First of all, A MAJOR THANK YO, Mr. Doommeister :)
However, I did have to update firmware & software from the google drive...
you've embedded in conversations... '
Everything you sent worked just had to read the installation process !!
controller, gimble, app, & drone, ALL WORK LIKE BRAND NEW !!

4EVER- THANK YOU
p.s. there will be NO Drone Sale, here :)

Reactions: DoomMeister
ALLL IS WELL !!!

4EVER- THANK YOU
<3

ALLL IS WELL !!!

4EVER- THANK YOU
You are most welcome! Glad to hear you are up and running.

iOS 14 has been a major issue with many apps and has a lot of iPhone users upset with its compatibility issues. We can only hope that iOS 15 will remedy some of the failings of iOS 14. It would be nice if Breeze Cam worked again on updated systems.
What was needed to be done for the breeze cam app for ios to work properly? Does this process work for I phone 5S?

What was needed to be done for the breeze cam app for ios to work properly? Does this process work for I phone 5S?
No special software for iOS. Any version of iOS before 14 seems to work properly, although Breeze Cam will still crash on earlier versions forcing you to uninstall and reinstall the app.

I maintain a repository of firmware versions for the Breeze on my Google Drive. You either got them there or from YuneecSkins download site that I shared them with. Breeze 4K Firmware - Google Drive

I also have the modded clones for the Android version of Breeze Cam available on my Google Drive. The original Blue clone, as well as the Red and Green clones. Breeze Cam Clones - Google Drive

Reactions: RC Guy
Yes this is happening to me to. My breeze app keeps crashes. I will never buy another yuneec product again if this is the way they treat their customers. 255.00 down the tubes.

Yes this is happening to me to. My breeze app keeps crashes. I will never buy another yuneec product again if this is the way they treat their customers. 255.00 down the tubes.
iOS or Android?

Breeze Cam on my iPhone 7 started crashing recently. I reloaded the AP reset my iPhone. Sometimes just after it's open, it crashes and closes. Other times it lets me start to set parameters of flight etc. but when I get to the camera is says Breeze not connected to wifi? But if I go to Settings, it shows it IS hooked to wifi? Is there something I'm missing? I think my iPOD might work, as it seems to hook up okay, I didn't get outside to try it out yet, but it's not crashing like the iPhone AP is? I just upgraded to latest OS but that didn't help.
I can get it hooked to wifi, and it even shows a picture coming from camera, then a second or two later, the AP closes? Can't fly again until I get this solved. It's in the AP ... I have 3 4K's and it's not them! Now it's pretty much just opening, for about 2 seconds and then closing itself??
I know this is an old thread. Just upgraded an iphone 6s to iphone 14 noticed the brezze app on the new phone, so i clicked on it and it stayed on, not shutting down instantly like the old phone. So I charged the controller and Breeze battery and got it all connected and was able to fly again.

• Love
Reactions: WTFDproject
I know this is an old thread. Just upgraded an iphone 6s to iphone 14 noticed the brezze app on the new phone, so i clicked on it and it stayed on, not shutting down instantly like the old phone. So I charged the controller and Breeze battery and got it all connected and was able to fly again.
Good to hear @davem! From reports late last year the release of iOS 16 seemed to cure what ever it was that broke Breeze Cam in iOS 14 and iOS 15. Let’s hope it stays that way.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval