Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Breeze camera tilt not working.

Reaction score
Haven't had the breeze very long, maybe 5 batteries worth of flight time. Got it out today, beautiful day, and camera tilt won't work. Everything else works fine. Never crashed, dropped or hard landed. Worked fine 3 days ago. Been waiting for yuneec to call back. Any thoughts? Same results whether flying with tablet or phone. Did a factory reset. Note, if you do a factory reset, don't forget to calibrate compass again or risk a drift.

Reactions: PaulMarte
Haven't had the breeze very long, maybe 5 batteries worth of flight time. Got it out today, beautiful day, and camera tilt won't work. Everything else works fine. Never crashed, dropped or hard landed. Worked fine 3 days ago. Been waiting for yuneec to call back. Any thoughts? Same results whether flying with tablet or phone. Did a factory reset. Note, if you do a factory reset, don't forget to calibrate compass again or risk a drift.
Don't wait for them to call back. Call them everyday until you get an answer. Things tend to get lost in the shuffle.

Camera tilt stopped working on my Breeze today.
This actually happened once before a few months ago and I was about to send it in but after a couple days the camera tilt mysteriously started working again. I don't know what causes it.
I was hoping to find some instructions to take the breeze apart so I could check the connector.

I have the same issue with the camera and when you tilt the camera all the way down the motor stays on ,they should release a firmware update to correct this.

Reactions: DoomMeister
@PaulMarte, thanks for mentioning about the motor running in the full down position. I tested mine this afternoon and found it does it also. Have you brought this up with Yuneec Support by any chance?

@PaulMarte, thanks for mentioning about the motor running in the full down position. I tested mine this afternoon and found it does it also. Have you brought this up with Yuneec Support by any chance?
No I haven't , but now the tilt only works sometimes even tough the motor doesn't seem to have any problem , looks to me like there is a problem with the app

No I haven't , but now the tilt only works sometimes even tough the motor doesn't seem to have any problem , looks to me like there is a problem with the app

I think you should contact Yuneec Customer Support if the tilt is not working all the time. This is the response I got from them after tested to see if mine was making noise in the full down position.

Message History
-----Original Message-----
Sent: 3/14/2018
Subject: Gimbal motor doesn't turn off

Hello Steve,

Thank you for contacting Yuneec! The servo within the camera is a digital servo motor so it will always sound as if it is running. This is not an issue within the drone, its just the way that the hard ware works. Hope this information helps and if you have any other questions, please feel free to contact us.

Thank you

Customer Service|Yuneec USA
2275 Sampson Ave. Ste 200
Corona, CA 92879
T: 844 898 6332

When the Breeze camera is positioned in full down position the gimbal motor runs continuously. Is this a programming or hardware error?

A few comments: 1) digital servos tend to ‘buzz’ a little as they try to maintain the current position. The buzzing is the servo motor moving back and forth holding the current position. 2) if a ‘tooth’ (or two) on the camera gear has broken the servo motor could continuously run when the motor drives to that position. If this is the case a POSSIBLE fix would be to remove the bottom of the Breeze, take out the camera, remove the large gear, and rotate the gear so the good ‘teeth’ on the gear engage. 3) I had a similar issue and a firmware upgrade fixed it. This would be ONLY if the camera never functioned up and down (just moves down, not back up). If it worked at one time that is not the problem.

I will mention that if you remove the bottom of the Breeze for whatever reason put some light grease on the camera gear. Use a small screwdriver to apply around the gear rotating the camera up and down (carefully and not with too much pressure) when applying the grease. This helped my camera be smoother in operation.

Reactions: DoomMeister
Hi
I crash my yuneec breeze 4k and now when I tilt the camera it start shaking did this happen to someone before and was it fixable

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hendrtiz