Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Breeze compatible phone

Reaction score
I'm new to this hobby and just purchased a breeze 4k from Walmart. I also picked up 3 spare batteries on Walmart clearance for $7 each. After finding out that my Moto g4 play did not recognize my breeze , I purchased a Moto g6 play on a Verizon prepay plan to see if it would work. I'm happy to say that it works fine as both stand alone controller or with the included game type Bluetooth controller. Needless to say that I was overdue for a new phone with my Verizon prepaid account so I'm keeping the g6 play.

Reactions: Regis Damiba
Vince,

Welcome to the YuneecPilots community!

We are a group that shares our knowledge of the hobby/business and welcome pilots of all skill levels and backgrounds. Please read the Community Rules found at the bottom of the webpage, and make use of the Forum Search (it is restricted to this forum) for any question you have before posting. Chances are that the answer is waiting for your question. That being said, please join in and share your experiences with the community.

We appreciate when new members make use of the Introduction area of the forum to tell us a little about themselves and their interests in multirotor aircraft.

Be sure to checkout the Yuneec Pilots Picture Game in the Photos and Videos section of the forum. It is a great way to meet people worldwide and motivate you to fly and make photos/videos. You’ll find it in the sticky thread at the start of the section. The rules are in post #1 and the latest challenge is near the last post.

I'm new to this hobby and just purchased a breeze 4k from Walmart. I also picked up 3 spare batteries on Walmart clearance for $7 each. After finding out that my Moto g4 play did not recognize my breeze , I purchased a Moto g6 play on a Verizon prepay plan to see if it would work. I'm happy to say that it works fine as both stand alone controller or with the included game type Bluetooth controller. Needless to say that I was overdue for a new phone with my Verizon prepaid account so I'm keeping the g6 play.

Vince where are you located?

Greetings: I bought a yunnec breeze 4k two months ago and I still have not been able to fly it, I turn it on and all the instruments merge perfectly, but when I want to land it on my cell phone the landing button does not appear and the breeze only goes down to 1m height and does not touch the ground, I have erased the program several times and I install it and still does not appear the landing button, I have changed the resolution to the cell phone and it remains the same, I still need to help me

I wish that I could help but I'm new at this and I'm just learning myself. Try posting on the general discussion section of the website. Good luck

I wish that I could help but I'm new at this and I'm just learning myself. Try posting on the general discussion section of the website. Good luck

Vince,

The General Discussion is just that. Questions relating to a specific model need to be posted in its respective discussion area.

Greetings: I bought a yunnec breeze 4k two months ago and I still have not been able to fly it, I turn it on and all the instruments merge perfectly, but when I want to land it on my cell phone the landing button does not appear and the breeze only goes down to 1m height and does not touch the ground, I have erased the program several times and I install it and still does not appear the landing button, I have changed the resolution to the cell phone and it remains the same, I still need to help me

Are you using the phone as the controller or are you flying using the Bluetooth controller in conjunction with the phone?

It would also help to know the make and model of phone you are using. While connected to the Breeze use the settings menu, go to About and note the version numbers for Client, Flying Control, ESC, and Camera. Then reply here with requested info.

Hello Doom, my cell phone is samsung galaxy s9- plus and the version to the Client that says: 1.4.7 firmware

Hello Doom, my cell phone is samsung galaxy s9- plus and the version to the Client that says: 1.4.7 firmware

Your phone is fully compatible with Breeze Cam app and the Breeze. If you are flying using the controller you will not see a Land or a Home button on the phone. The Y button initiates a Home (RTH) and pressing Start for 3 seconds and releasing initiates the Land function.

All other modes of flight will have the Land (a down pointing arrow) and if GPS is enabled the Home (curved arrow pointing to a house) will be at the lower left when the control screen (stick controls) are active, as opposed to the camera controls.

Hi Doom. I have a breeze that works with a Samsung tablet and everything works fine. I bought another one with the blue tooth controller and it won't bind with my Galaxy S9+ (the Breeze). The controller connects with the phone fine. It keeps giving me a "battery is below 20%" error even though it's just come off the charger. Any idea's ?

Yes, put the phone in airplane mode, then enable WiFi and Bluetooth. Should solve your problem. There is no need for cellular connectivity on an Android phone since that version of Breeze Cam doesn’t support Live Streaming to YouTube, Facebook, and other RTMP servers.

Thanks Doom. I'll give that a try tomorrow. I also just made an introductory post which I suppose I should have done first..... :)

Yes, put the phone in airplane mode, then enable WiFi and Bluetooth. Should solve your problem. There is no need for cellular connectivity on an Android phone since that version of Breeze Cam doesn’t support Live Streaming to YouTube, Facebook, and other RTMP servers.

Hi Doom. No joy. I made sure everything was charged up and then with the Breeze sitting on my living room floor, fired up the Breeze. Put the phone in airplane mode, started up wifi and everything connected fine. Was going through the settings and got to the calibration screen and thought, ok I need to do this outside. So shut down the Breeze and went outside. Haven't been able to get it to connect since. I've completed deleted the Breeze from the phone to start the bind procedure from scratch (entering the password) but it won't connect. It says checking the quality of the wifi connection (which shows full strength) and then says there may not be a wifi connecetion and gives me the option to dismiss or go to advanced settings. Don't see anything in advanced settings that looks like it might help. I'm out of ideas.

If you are running Android 8 (Oreo), try rebooting the phone first, then use the airplane mode routine from the previous post. This was a work around from Yuneec when Oreo first came out. Unfortunately they still haven’t updated Breeze Cam since that time.

Just to check where the problem lies, use the Samsung tablet and see if it will connect to each Breeze. Then check the connectivity to each Breeze using the S9+. The controller should be able to be used with either Breeze and with the tablet or S9+.

Last edited:
Just checked and it is running V8 so I'll try that tomorrow. Might explain why it connected the first time in the house but then wouldn't connect after that. I'll let you know. If it "doesn't" work, I'll try connecting my other Breeze and see how that goes to eliminate the possibility of a defective Breeze.

Just checked and it is running V8 so I'll try that tomorrow. Might explain why it connected the first time in the house but then wouldn't connect after that. I'll let you know. If it "doesn't" work, I'll try connecting my other Breeze and see how that goes to eliminate the possibility of a defective Breeze.

If you are running Android 8 (Oreo), try rebooting the phone first, then use the airplane mode routine from the previous post. This was a work around from Yuneec when Oreo first came out. Unfortunately they still haven’t updated Breeze Cam since that time.

Just to check where the problem lies, use the Samsung tablet and see if it will connect to each Breeze. Then check the connectivity to each Breeze using the S9+. The controller should be able to be used with either Breeze and with the tablet or S9+.

Tried again tonight and it finally connected. You have to follow the steps "exactly". But it connected, had 14 satellites, etc. Went through all the settings, did the compass calibration and everything was fine. Didn't try flying it because I was in a pretty confined area. One question. When I did a search for firmware updates, it said there were none. Does that mean it's up to date, or did it not find anything because the phone is in airplane mode ? Next step it to make sure the controller has the latest updates. I found the instructions in another thread but I'm confused. Part of the instructions say the following:
2. With the controller powered off, depress R1 and A and continue holding them until update is complete.
3. Wait 2 seconds then connect to the computer via USB cable.

How does the controller complete the update in step 2 if it's not connected to the computer until step 3?

Thanks.

It doesn’t complete the update in step 2, it just means once you depress those buttons on the controller, you continue to hold them until you get the update complete message in step 6.

I will go amend that thread try making it more understandable.

Your phone is fully compatible with Breeze Cam app and the Breeze. If you are flying using the controller you will not see a Land or a Home button on the phone. The Y button initiates a Home (RTH) and pressing Start for 3 seconds and releasing initiates the Land function.

All other modes of flight will have the Land (a down pointing arrow) and if GPS is enabled the Home (curved arrow pointing to a house) will be at the lower left when the control screen (stick controls) are active, as opposed to the camera controls.

Seems as though my Galaxy Note 8 is not compatible. QUite surprising considering it's lack of age and the rest of the tech. specs. My older Samsung tablet connects, but I can't use the bluetooth controller. I do have an old S5... will that work??

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval