Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Breeze controller not recognized by computer or Breeze

Reaction score
I've read through all of the posts regarding firmware updates etc. I've done the controller update but don't think it really took even though it says it completed successfully. So here's what I "can" do. I can connect the breeze to my phones wifi (Galaxy S9+). I can connect the controller to my phones Bluetooth. I can connect the phone to the breeze and all of the functions are there and I can see the video on my phone. What I can't do. When I push the "controller" icon on the breeze app, it opens but there is a little controller picture on the lower right of the screen with a question mark on it. When I tap it, it says the Breeze can't detect the controller. When I power on the controller, I'm holding the A button and then the power button. The led light on the bottom of the controller is blue and I think it's supposed to be red according to another post I read. That's why I'm saying I don't think the update took. But the only thing that was supposed to correct was the gimbal control from the controller. The controller still connected to the breeze. One other thing I noticed. I have a new computer running Windows 10 which I hate. But when I connect the controller via the USB cable, the computer says it doesn't recognize the device I just connected. However when I try to do the update and I hold the A button and the R1 button and then connect the controller, it does recognize it. One last thing. When I just connect the controller to charge it, the function buttons will stop flashing but the power button still continues to flash. So I'm at a loss at this point on what else to try. Any ideas ?

For doing the update use this thread starting at the 07/07/2018 edit mark using the update file from the Yuneec website.

Using an Android device power the controller using Power+A for 2 to 3 seconds. The left most LED between the sticks will be blue indicating Android mode. If you always use the Android device you only have to use the Power button subsequently, unless you reset the controller or change to iOS mode.

With Android devices it is advisable to place the device in airplane mode then enable WiFi and Bluetooth ( this is Yuneec’s first suggestion from Customer Support if you are having troubles ). Turn on the Breeze wait for the flashing green light in the arm by the camera then connect via WiFi. Start Breeze Cam turn on the Controller then go to Controller mode and ‘Slide to Proceed’. The controller should then connect and vibrate. DO NOT use the Bluetooth settings on your Android device to connect the controller. You will get the results you have been getting so far.

The lights are working properly when you are charging the controller. When fully charged the Power button will be solid blue instead of flashing. The first full charge can take quite a long time. The controller can be used for 18 hours on a full charge.

Reactions: Kingram
Ok. That worked. Flew it today and had full control over all functions. Thanks for the instructions. Maybe Yuneec will come out with a firmware update that's more friendly to Android phones. It would be nice to be able to fly without having to know the secret handshake. :)

Ok. That worked. Flew it today and had full control over all functions. Thanks for the instructions. Maybe Yuneec will come out with a firmware update that's more friendly to Android phones. It would be nice to be able to fly without having to know the secret handshake. :)

Glad you are up and flying!

A Breeze Cam update is not likely to happen, both Android and iOS versions are well over a year old. I have personally begged, cajoled, and demanded an updated Breeze Cam app. Neither iOS nor Android versions will create a FlightLog file that shows the Breeze airborne while using the controller. It will start one, but as soon as you switch to the Controller Task mode the log file ends. I have many flights with video and photos proving the Breeze was airborne, but no matching FlightLog file.

I have perused many Breeze FlightLogs and have as yet to see one show the Breeze airborne while in Controller mode.

You'd think if Yuneec wanted to stay competitive, an update would be a no brainer. I also have the Mavic Air and to fly, you power up the app (not a hint of an issue with Android), power up the controller, power up the drone and go fly. Then again, assuming the government doesn't shut us down, the technology is changing so fast, Yuneec probably figures the Breeze has a limited lifetime so it's not worth putting in the effort. I"m more worried about the government shutting down drones completely. Everyone hear what happened in England ?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wiebeedigital