Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Breeze controller and indoor flight

Reaction score
I'm having a problem connecting the controller to the iPhone. It seems to connect but if I go to indoor flying the controller disconnects. Does the controller work indoors? Or does it only fly using the smart phone (iPhone). Sorry I know stupid question. But I'm a newbie. Lol

Poppi, you might check if your home WiFi is connecting to your phone and interfering with the Breeze signal. Make sure the phone is connecting to the Breeze on the wifi app.

As a reminder make sure GPS is OFF for indoor flights! The breeze will likely go wacky in you indoors with it on.
Also if it connects just fine but wont take off the likely issue is the OFM (optical flow module). If it shows orange or red it wont take off. It's a bit surprising how much light you need in the room before the indicator is at least blue.
You can cheat in a dark room by shining a flashlight onto the floor underneath it if you want to fly. The problem is that for some unknown stupid reason it doesnt have lights that even a $15 drone has. I cant understand this. Added lights to almost all of my breezes just running off the main battery because of this.

How about flying outside. Using the controller linked to iPhone 7plus. It only lets me choose controller mode. And then it only goes up about 60 feet. Do I have to fly it using the phone to use pilot mode.

How about flying outside. Using the controller linked to iPhone 7plus. It only lets me choose controller mode. And then it only goes up about 60 feet. Do I have to fly it using the phone to use pilot mode.

Do you get a warning about being restricted to 20 meters/66 feet? I have had that when near a major airport (RDU).

The Bluetooth controller only works in Controller Task mode. All others use the virtual sticks on the touch screen. Pilot Task mode and Controller Task mode are virtually the same as far as flight capabilities. Pilot uses virtual sticks and Controller uses physical sticks.

Last edited:
Reactions: Poppi
Are you sure you have pilot mode enabled? In the drone settings that allow you to adjust things such as altitude and distance there's a setting called task confirmation where you can decide which modes are activated. Maybe you accidentally turned it off?

Reactions: Poppi

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval