Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Breeze controller for different breeze 4K Drone

Still no effect.
What phone and version of Android is causing the issue with the controller?

What device and version of Android is working properly?

What phone and version of Android is causing the issue with the controller?

What device and version of Android is working properly?
Its unbelievable, controller work properly and simply connects to phone only if GPS is turned ON (in phone settings).
Its so simple and silly. I hope my troubles help someone.Thanks for your help.

Last edited:
Reactions: DoomMeister
Are you referring to the GPS location services on the phone or the GPS on the Breeze?

Are you referring to the GPS location services on the phone or the GPS on the Breeze?
Yes, I turn on GPS location services in mobile phone settings.

Is the activation of the GPS in phone settings a standard condition for connecting a controller to phone?

Last edited:
That is a standard practice for drones that use phones or tablets as the controller. Your case is the first I’ve heard of that caused the issue you had by having GPS location services disabled.

Hi, I've had problems with the controller for a long time.(constantly received the answer "fail to connect"). But it used to work great on my phone. Then I tried to connect on two other devices and everything connected well.
I conclude that Android phone updates sometimes change the protocols of bluetooth, so there are problems like ours.

English with Google Translate)
Thank you for your, technical insight :)
Cheers Bud !!

This is truly a life saver for me. I was so frustrated after researching everything online on this topic. In the end, the final piece was to go to phone settings, app management and then allowing the app to know my location (ie. GPS). Of course, I still needed to do everything else that was suggested by DoomMeister in sequence. I was previously linking the controller directly to the phone instead of through Breeze Cam app. Kudos to the forum and the treasure trove of knowledge being accumulated here.

Reactions: DoomMeister
Hello Doommeister,
I have tried to download the update for the breeze transmitter for another one that I am trying to sell. However, the download is not available on Yuneec's website anymore. And, I wanted to know how you managed to get the transmitter that was sent along with my breeze to work properly. Could you please provide me the link or download you used to this? Thanks.

Hello Doommeister,
I have tried to download the update for the breeze transmitter for another one that I am trying to sell. However, the download is not available on Yuneec's website anymore. And, I wanted to know how you managed to get the transmitter that was sent along with my breeze to work properly. Could you please provide me the link or download you used to this? Thanks.
I will send you the file tomorrow morning. It is on my computer and I am not able to access it right now. This file from YuneecSkins downloads may be the same I have saved on my computer you can try it. Breeze FPV Software
When you use the program be sure to follow the directions in the post linked here. Breeze G3 Controller Update - Updated 07/17/2018 They are a better guide than those included in the zip file.

Last edited:
I clicked the link, Breeze G3 Controller Update - Updated 07/17/2018 , but it gave message '404 page not found'. I tried the yuneec skins link as well but my computer states file is not safe and puts the risk of my PC not working properly.

The first post in this thread for background and instructions.
The warning is likely because there is an .exe file and it is not signed for the download on the YuneecSkins website. I may have gotten the same warning from Win10 when I opened the file. If you feel safer I’ll upload it from my computer in the morning.

I just remembered that I have that file in my Dropbox. Here is the link Breeze_Controller_Update.zip

Hello Doommeister,
The link you provided is giving the same message that I received when attempting on the Yuneecskins website. If you could provide the one that is on your desktop that would be better. Please message me on my email id as well as on the forum. Thanks.

The first post in this thread for background and instructions.
The warning is likely because there is an .exe file and it is not signed for the download on the YuneecSkins website. I may have gotten the same warning from Win10 when I opened the file. If you feel safer I’ll upload it from my computer in the morning.

I just remembered that I have that file in my Dropbox. Here is the link Breeze_Controller_Update.zip
Also, can you provide me step by step instructions on how to extract and/or download the file properly. Thanks again!

Here is the update in .zip format.

The following post has also been updated to include a new download link and clearer instructions.

Attachments

• Breeze_Controller_Update.zip
    7.7 MB · Views: 4
Correct. You need to go into settings to connect WiFi, but not Bluetooth for the Breeze Controller. With Android it helps to be in Airplane mode on the phone to disable the cellular connection, but enable WiFi and Bluetooth.

This thread will help to identify any issues with the startup and connection sequence How To: Troubleshoot the Breeze and Request Help in the Forum.

The other thing that comes to mind is to make sure you have the controller in the proper operation mode for iOS or Android. To set for Android power on using “Power+A” buttons, and for iOS power on using “Power+Y” buttons. After setting the mode you can power on and off just using the Power button.
Awesome to know thanks

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval