Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Breeze fly away!!

I would like to see the FlightLog from this fly-away. Just to check if there any error flags or other special things and where it was as it sentlast telemetry. Maybe we can find it.

br HE
I only have flying record video but no log. do you need video of crash?

No, video will not help. Your smart device used to control the breeze (flight app) stores telemetry data. Those can give more information. I do not remember the path to it, simply search for files likes *.log in device file system. The latest one should be the one in question.

br HE

Well... these posts have scared the crap out of me! I always thing, "Well, this guy did not calibrate right, or at all", "well, this guy was just flying out to far", "Well, this guys battery just went dead", all the excuses as to why this won't happen to me. I must face the reality that you can't all be wrong! So, what do I do? How can I tell if this is going to happen to me? Nobody wants to lose a drone. Even if we assume only 1% have lost drones, and 1/2 this amount caused the problem themselves, it's still a reality. Perhaps the answer is that we all take a risk knowing it could happen to us - but thinking, "not to me"... Now I sit and wait.

So here’s my question (way below)! I’ve spent the last few days doing some testing on the Breeze - just minor stuff but going slow looking for ‘fly away’ concerns. I’ve spoken to Yuneec tech support twice on the same topic - IF I’M IN A PROGRAMMED MODE (JOURNEY, ORBIT OR OTHER) YUNEEC TELLS ME THE GPS CONTROLS THE FLIGHT - NOTHING ELSE; once programmed and started the Breeze must follow the task guided by GPS, AND return back to the starting point. (Impossible for a fly away)

IF true, there is no way for the Breeze to ‘Fly away’ unless the GPS signal is lost - which is highly unlikely UNLESS there is some malfunction with the GPS chip or a loss of power to the chip.

MY QUESTION: during any of these fly aways were you in a programmed mode OR were you flying in PILOT mode? If in a programmed mode Yuneec tech support is wrong (telling us bad information) and somehow the GPS signal was lost.

I were in selfie mode when the drone go away. I try all thing like RTH, landing and stop but nothing. the drone continu to go up in the Sky and i loss it

Do you recall if you did a calibration before your flight? Did you have good GPS lock 15-19 satellites or did you have any hard landing before this happened? Just trying to figure out what happend.

These stories scare me as well. I'd like to know if they were using the app or controller to fly, and if using the app was it android or apple.

While I can't question a electrical / mechanical device (drone) having an issue now and then, I did some good testing today.. below are the results..

I removed the aluminum back cover from my phone (iPhone 6) This is NOT the back of the phone but the protective sleeve I had on my phone - a two part black rubber around the entire sides and back of the phone and an aluminum back-plate over the black cover (I was questioning if the AL cover was causing WiFi signal deterioration affecting distance) - but kept the rubber insert on it. I flew about 10 Journey mode flights today at distances from 150 to 195' (the max). I had no issues at all. I did a few different trajectories with good results. I noticed during these flights I had a height and distance reading in the upper right corner of the display - had not noticed it before. This was great as I could see the distance the Breeze was knowing it would be stopping at the preset distance. On most flights I was only 6-8' off the ground. WiFi was solid at those distances with the AL cover removed - before it would cut out around 140-150'. I had one flight, with the camera pointed down about 20 degrees (guess) and I hit the GeoFence height limit, which I think I had set for 90'. It was assuring that this boundary worked fine. Wind conditions was about 5mph and steady. While I'm not ready to call this a total success and all my fears are gone - the little Breeze did what it was programmed to do with no issues. I plan several more tests like this but was happy with todays results.

Reactions: h-elsner
Well its happened, the breeze flew away!!
GPS on , beautiful day and went to try take pics of the roof of my house being renovated,
started up and immediately the unit flew to about 10m then straight back down to ground, bounced and up again, at this stage i pushed auto-land...nothing.
climbing out and high velocity , tried shutting down...nothing
by that time im sure it was out of range!!
settings were to climb to 1m on takeoff and mesh was no more than 30m
this thing went out of sight at a speed that I have never seen, straight up!!!
Tired of this ****!!!
wont even bother with Yuneec and will call it another yuneec lesson.
Don't know if Im the 1st but im sure not the last!!!
beware, check your settings and believe me, this thing is quicker than you think when it climbs out with the demons in it!!!

Eric i find it funny, but I could literally copy and paste your message because its the same exact thing that happened to my Breeze. It freaked me out the thing just kept going and going up up and away never to be seen again. I need another drone but i don't think it will be a breeze. I would love a recommendation for another one that does not have such a temper.

Eric i find it funny, but I could literally copy and paste your message because its the same exact thing that happened to my Breeze. It freaked me out the thing just kept going and going up up and away never to be seen again. I need another drone but i don't think it will be a breeze. I would love a recommendation for another one that does not have such a temper.

Use the info in this thread to obtain your telemetry for the Breeze How To: Save Breeze Telemetry (FlightLog files) then upload the zipped files to this thread using the Attach files button. I would really like a chance to analyze the telemetry from this flyaway.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mathewthomasmt