Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Breeze lipo battery..to charge or wait to charge

Reaction score
I know there are a lot of topics on the lipo battery and whether to store them charged or discharged. What I haven't seen, is, should the batteries be charged after flying to be ready for the next day or so, or should one wait until they are ready to fly again....not talking about putting it away for the winter or a few weeks or months, I'm just talking about a day or a few days or a week. I was wondering if it is better to wait until the next flight is planed. Just trying to figure out the best way to make these batteries last as long as we can and be safe about it.

I have read threads that claim that chemistry starts changing to the detriment of the battery in as little as 1 hour after a battery reaches full charge and is not used. But experience tells me charging the night before you fly is really not the end of the world, and perhaps not even if it rains all that next day, and don't get a craft in the sky until a further day later. But I wouldn't call it optimal battery care either. If you want to be ultimately nice to your batteries, then charge them on the day you intend to go flying, and try not to ever leave them fully charged for more than a day or 2. As importantly, don't stress them by flying them down to the battery warnings, come back slightly early, and try and get on the ground just before the first warning. And give them a good few hours after the flight to cool down before you charge them again. If you can do those 3 things you can substantially preserve / increase the life cycle of the pack.

Reactions: Deltacounty2
Charge the day you fly to be safe. If you're planning on storing it and want to leave the battery in storage mode, when the battery reaches 50% it's at 3.82v per cell. Remove the battery and store for as long as you want. 30% to 50% is good for storage.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430