Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Breeze Not Starting Using Controller

I dont think you are actually connecting your controller. If its connected you will feel a vibration thru it. You MUST choose controller in the app to use the controller. First you connect to the breeze then select controller mode which is all the way to the right. Turn on the controller. If it's set for ios the second led on the controller from the left will be blinking/on. The controller comes with the first light light which is android.
Anyways if the controller shakes you are connected. It connects blutooth so if you are not connecting make sure you enable bluetooth.
If you pull in the bottom right trigger the controller function will pop up on your screen.
When you power up the controller which light is blinking? I've got 6 or 7 of them and have never had an issue.
When I updated all of them they update the same way you.mentioned. I've never seen the bar go across. It takes like 30 seconds or so and just says update successful even though it looks like nothing happened. This is REALLY REALLY ANNOYING!!! I've NEVER had one update they way they describe but the procedure works anyways.

When the controller is turned on, the second light from the left is the one blinking...so it's IOS.

So is it connecting to bluetooth then? Does it vibrate?
Do you see the controller functions on your display when you pull in the bottom right finger trigger?

1543846868371.jpghmmm, guess I have 8 controllers. 2 are missing their display holders.
Yes they all fly. 2 were new as complete from Walmart, 1 was a brand new never flown just dtone and as ll the rest are repaired ebay parts drones at an average cost of somewhere around $40 not including any extras such as controllers or batteries etc...

Reactions: MDR
So is it connecting to bluetooth then? Does it vibrate?
Do you see the controller functions on your display when you pull in the bottom right finger trigger?

Yes, it is connecting through the bluetooth and it did vibrate. Yes the bottom right trigger does change the display to tutorials.

Wow! What do you do with 8 drones?

He buys cheap and repairs them. Taught himself how to do it.

I believe you stated you can fly with the phone, but the motors refuse to start with the controller?

Hopefully Mitch at Yuneec (or Angel) will have some other ideas when they call tomorrow.

I believe you stated you can fly with the phone, but the motors refuse to start with the controller?

Hopefully Mitch at Yuneec (or Angel) will have some other ideas when they call tomorrow.
You mean 12 breeze drones;) Have lots of others and a bunch coming in the next couple of weeks (not more breeze though)[emoji16]

Once you own 1 you dont actually need anything else to fly. I was shocked to see how little I could buy a parts drone on ebay for so I bought one and tore into it. Easy fix and that's what started my journey of buying and repairing over the last few months. I've always had a knack for fixing most anything and to be honest its really not hard at all. People are selling them sometimes when theres just a crack but more often than not they need a new wifi board or main board. I always forget what the main board is.... something like M9 I think. DM knows.
IF anyone is interested in a parts drone from ebay i can tell you what your best bet to buy is. In fact, I'll make it easy on you right now.
DONT buy one that has the bottom glass smashed. It can fly just fine without the glass BUT a lot of times those are being sold because they no longer work due to the main board being damaged. It's harder to find a good cheap used main board than it is a wifi board. I've bought wifi boards for $20.
What happened is really a design flaw. The ir sensors are basically right up against the glass and the sensors are mounted on a board that is directly soldered to the main board right under it. The ir board is being held in place to the main board with only one screw besides the solder points and if the breeze gets a hit und er rneath which can easily happen the glass cracks and pushes into the sensors and that board breaks off the main board or cracks the almost impossible to get yo solder joints and game over. You may have intermittent connection or none at all.
The breeze casing/shell can be repaired strong with 5 minute gorilla glue epoxy. It doesnt dry hard as a rock so has just a bit of flex which works well with this drone.
Theres WAY more things that can happen buts that's the very basics on what to look for. I can assist anyone with repairs no problem. Between Doom and I your in trouble if we cant figure it out.

Last edited:
You mean 12 breeze drones;) Have lots of others and a bunch coming in the next couple of weeks (not more breeze though)[emoji16]

Do you resell them once you repair them or do you use all at the same time? :D

I just edited my last post with a lot more info.
I dont know what I'm doing at this point. I was having fun fixing them but started getting a bit burned out. Still have a couple that I just need main boards for but I havent been looking for them as I started spending on other drone stuff.
I'm basically on a fixed income now and am only spending $ I've saved up from things like birthdays and holidays. I've got enough left to jump on the H bandwagon if I want:)

Actually yes, I fly a of them from one controller. Amazing!!!
Now wouldnt that be something. I've got 17 batteries and 6 chargers I think as I was collecting them when I could catch them on auction really cheap. Have cases for all of them too. Still working on satisfactory lighting for one. It's kind of odd the way they made it with all the rounded surfaces. Its also pretty small which limits lighting options. I dont understand why a drone originally costing $500 doesnt have indicator lights. Even my tiny $20 ones have lots of lights!
You can easily slip on some finger lights on the legs if you want lights for $1.

I just edited my last post with a lot more info.
I dont know what I'm doing at this point. I was having fun fixing them but started getting a bit burned out. Still have a couple that I just need main boards for but I havent been looking for them as I started spending on other drone stuff.
I'm basically on a fixed income now and am only spending $ I've saved up from things like birthdays and holidays. I've got enough left to jump on the H bandwagon if I want:)

Actually yes, I fly a of them from one controller. Amazing!!!
Now wouldn't that be something. I've got 17 batteries and 6 chargers I think as I was collecting them when I could catch them on auction really cheap. Have cases for all of them too. Still working on satisfactory lighting for one. It's kind of odd the way they made it with all the rounded surfaces. Its also pretty small which limits lighting options. I don't understand why a drone originally costing $500 doesn't have indicator lights. Even my tiny $20 ones have lots of lights!
You can easily slip on some finger lights on the legs if you want lights for $1.

I would love to own a Typhoon H in the future! However, I need to learn to properly pilot a Breeze first. We live very close to a private airport with lots of incoming jets, a no-fly zone. This makes learning and testing our drone very challenging without driving to a park elsewhere. We also don't want to break our drone before even going on vacation. LOL!

Spoke with Mitch this morning. Found out that reason we weren't able to start the drone with controller is because we were connecting through Bluetooth instead via the app. Once I connected via the app, everything worked like a charm! DoomMeister thank you for being so quick to respond to all of my questions. You and other members are such an asset to this community.

Spoke with Mitch this morning. Found out that reason we weren't able to start the drone with controller is because we were connecting through Bluetooth instead via the app. Once I connected via the app, everything worked like a charm! DoomMeister thank you for being so quick to respond to all of my questions. You and other members are such an asset to this community.

Glad you are up and running and glad to help. Refer back to post #17 of this thread and you will see I suggested doing the same as Mitch.

Are you height restricted by the Breeze Cam app where you live (probably 20 meters/66feet) if you are close enough to a Yuneec NFZ (usually just towered airports). That is high enough to learn how to fly the Breeze. Just remember to take pics and videos while you’re flying! Sometimes I get so wrapped up in flying smoothly I forget to start videoing . Of course that could also be the onset of dementia also, or being a man. My wife is convinced I can’t multitask.

Glad you are up and running and glad to help. Refer back to post #17 of this thread and you will see I suggested doing the same as Mitch.

Are you height restricted by the Breeze Cam app where you live (probably 20 meters/66feet) if you are close enough to a Yuneec NFZ (usually just towered airports). That is high enough to learn how to fly the Breeze. Just remember to take pics and videos while you’re flying! Sometimes I get so wrapped up in flying smoothly I forget to start videoing . Of course that could also be the onset of dementia also, or being a man. My wife is convinced I can’t multitask.

You're right about post #17! I guess I never thought there was a difference between connecting using the app vs connecting using bluetooth. To me I thought it all meant the same until Mitch said "No, you need to use the app to connect" and he walked me through it step by step over the phone. Guess I just don't process information correctly until I'm told that I'm doing it wrong.

I did some research on no fly zone. Apparently, our city has decided to relax the rule to 2 miles instead of 4 because we live in an area where there are lots of pro golf amongst other outdoor events covered by air photography. So as long as we stay under 150 ft, we're fine. Believe me, 150 ft is plenty high for us newbies.

I know the feeling, I keep forgetting to video myself. Hopefully I won't forget when we're on vacation. Haha!!!

You're right about post #17! I guess I never thought there was a difference between connecting using the app vs connecting using bluetooth. To me I thought it all meant the same until Mitch said "No, you need to use the app to connect" and he walked me through it step by step over the phone. Guess I just don't process information correctly until I'm told that I'm doing it wrong.

I did some research on no fly zone. Apparently, our city has decided to relax the rule to 2 miles instead of 4 because we live in an area where there are lots of pro golf amongst other outdoor events covered by air photography. So as long as we stay under 150 ft, we're fine. Believe me, 150 ft is plenty high for us newbies.

I know the feeling, I keep forgetting to video myself. Hopefully I won't forget when we're on vacation. Haha!!!
Cites do not have jurisdiction on nofly zones read your FAA rules closer

If it was a true NFZ Breeze Cam would limit your height to 20 meters from 1 to 5 miles away. Inside 1 mile the motors would not start.

By FAA standards under hobbyist section 336 rules you should contact the tower/ airport manager to inform them of your intended flight parameters of where, when, how high, and how long. You should also know approach/departure patterns for the airport to aid you in giving right of way to all manned aircraft. You’re community may have done you a favor of setting a policy that amounts to a letter of consent with the airport that relieves you of the requirement of contacting the airport whenever you fly in that area.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
erothots