Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Breeze try-out and results

Reaction score
Just an FYI about my issue with the Breeze which might be relevant to a few others I saw mentioned here.
I have copied the last dialog I had with tech support. Who, BTW, were responsive and called/replied back but don't have a solution!
Basically, this all started when I first tried the Breeze since I tried to update/calibrate even before flying!

I can connect to it ( MY phone is a Moto Z2Play which has 5ghz antenna but NOT the 802.11 "ac" protocol) but when I try to calibrate the compass or perform the updates it states " power below 20% cannot update/calibrate" this is, of course, with either battery completely charged!
The breeze did fly... but until I could get this weirdness corrected, I did not fly very long.
After a call with Yuneec support, the suggestion was forget everything and try it in "airplane mode" with WiFi. No change.
Later, I connected to my GF's Pixel XL (which DOES have the 802.11 "ac" protocol) and it then updated/calibrated successfully.
I then re-connected to MY Moto phone hoping that the updates would have corrected something and found the same concern.

As copied below, I did fly it with MY phone and it seemed to perform well except at over 80 feet the video/camera started to get sketchy so I did not push it...

I have decided to return the Breeze since if this is the expected behavior, I am not going to keep trying different phones, etc.
Looks like Apple products are the most reliable with connecting/operating the Breeze?

Begin copy of my second exchange with tech support:
Hello John,

Thank you for providing an update. As we have not had any instances of this issue that were not resolved by using the airplane mode connection method, please ensure you follow these steps precisely and attempt this resolution again:

1. Close any instances of the Breeze Cam app you have open
  2. "Forget" the Breeze's WiFi network on your device
  3. Activate Airplane Mode on your device
  4. Re-enable your device's WiFi
  5. Connect to the Breeze's WiFi network
  6. Launch the Breeze Cam app

This temporary workaround should enable you to control your Breeze 4K. Please note that you will have to disable Airplane Mode after controlling your Breeze in order to receive cellular service again. If this workaround does not resolve your issue, please contact our technical support department at the number listed below.

Thank you for choosing Yuneec!

My last reply/update to tech support after following the above suggestions:

Just a further update... for your information.

I experimented with a different phone ( Pixel XL) and was able to successfully perform both an update and a compass calibration! I did NOT try to fly with it connected to the Pixel XL but at least it does seem to have more function when connected.

I went back to my phone ( Moto Play 2Z) and it is the same as when I contacted you ( can't update or calibrate the compass because it says " battery below 30%" )
I was hoping that the updates performed while connected to the Pixel would help when connected to my Moto phone but nothing has changed from our original and follow up.

It does connect/operate when using "airplane mode" as per your suggestions, but still has the same problem with that "power level" indication.

Good news is that I WAS able to make a total of 4 flights using the Motorola phone and it seemed to be operating normally.
I did notice that the video display started getting "flakey" and it had trouble switching between camera/video modes and sometimes wouldn't actually "take" the picture if I got over 80 feet even with it just about directly above me.
I assume that the connection was getting weak and I did not go any higher for fear of it losing control.

I am thinking that this model just doesn't respond/operate fully unless you are connecting to a device that has the 802.11 ac protocol ( which the Pixel DOES have and the Moto Z2 Play DOES NOT) Looks like just having a 5Mhz is not completely adequate for complete/full communication?

Last edited:
I wish I could give you definite answers, but I don’t think Yuneec has them when it comes to WiFi with the Breeze.

I can tell you that several different WiFi scanners show the Breeze using 802.11a not 802.11ac. In the same discovery scans those WiFi scanners detect my 802.11ac router as well as near neighbor’s routers as 802.11ac capable.

I have also connected and controlled the Breeze with iPhone 5c and 5s and neither is capable of 802.11ac connection.

With the price drop of the Breeze the profit margin is now at a point that they are not interested in investing anymore into updates in either hardware, firmware, or software.

Thank You For the thoughts!

I am just trying to nail down this problem since I have seen the exact concern mentioned here previously.

It is a shame because I like the features and operation of the Breeze and the recent price drops made it an attractive purchase.Breeze_180222181243_008 after.jpg Breeze_180222181322_009 after.jpg Breeze_180222182042_006 after.jpg Breeze_180222181243_008 after.jpg Breeze_180222181322_009 after.jpg Breeze_180222182042_006 after.jpg

As you mentioned, I (and apparently Yuneec's tech people) cannot pinpoint if it IS related to the 802.11 "ac" protocol or not!
It seems to be a trial and error thing with any phone/tablet besides the apple products and some previously listed others that people have used successfully!
I do not have the time to keep trying.
I have ordered a re-furbished Q500 4K at a reasonable price so I will see how that goes.

Thank You For the thoughts!

I am just trying to nail down this problem since I have seen the exact concern mentioned here previously.

It is a shame because I like the features and operation of the Breeze and the recent price drops made it an attractive purchase.View attachment 8711 View attachment 8712 View attachment 8713 View attachment 8711 View attachment 8712 View attachment 8713

As you mentioned, I (and apparently Yuneec's tech people) cannot pinpoint if it IS related to the 802.11 "ac" protocol or not!
It seems to be a trial and error thing with any phone/tablet besides the apple products and some previously listed others that people have used successfully!
I do not have the time to keep trying.
I have ordered a re-furbished Q500 4K at a reasonable price so I will see how that goes.

I think you’ll find that it will be much more versatile photography platform, but not as portable as the Breeze.

I think you’ll find that it will be much more versatile photography platform, but not as portable as the Breeze.
I agree I was initially interested in the Breeze's size/relative portability.
My primary interest is the photography/video and I know the Typhoon is MUCH bigger/bulkier but I like the stability and picture quality it can deliver...Not to mention the pricing now!!
I can modify a back pack to allow the typhoons arms and landing struts to fit if I wanna hike with it.

Looking at getting a hex myself this summer. I need something more stable and with more range to get videos I’d like to produce. I started with the Breeze for the price point and to develop flying skills before taking a costlier plunge.

Reactions: jmbsmt63

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval