Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!
Reaction score
I bought this breeze a week ago. Then had to buy a phone to make it work. Then had to buy a new sim card to make the phone work with a drone. Then had to configure phone to get app working. Then had to install the app. Then loaded the battery and the blue light is flashing on the drone. Then looked at the "wireless and networks" on the phone, the drone does not show up. I am in an area with no mobile signals, only a home wifi system. Does anyone have a list of items which all have to be checked before I can get this thing to rise, take a picture and then I can sell it to someone else for $60?

Your mobile connects to WiFi 802.11ac? (no=you need an other mobile)
The LED in the front left arm of your Breeze is blinking green after a while? (no=search the forum for tags like WiFi, connection problems etc.)
If both yes you should be able to start your breeze. If not feel free to ask and supply information what you did and what went wrong.

Your mobile connects to WiFi 802.11ac? (no=you need an other mobile)
The LED in the front left arm of your Breeze is blinking green after a while? (no=search the forum for tags like WiFi, connection problems etc.)
If both yes you should be able to start your breeze. If not feel free to ask and supply information what you did and what went wrong.
Thanks for your kind advice. I looked through youtube videos and wasted lots of time, but what I am really looking for is a flow diagram. But I suppose this is so complicated that no one is bothered to create this. It would be a very simple program to create. But your advice will hopefully bring me further.
1. Turn on drone
2. Start application
3. Search for wifi on phone
4. See if green light is blinking
Or better to start at 2, then 3 then 4 and then 1 or perhaps 3 then 2 then 1 and then 4.
At the minute I have the drone on for hours and it goes off automatically and thus I am having to charge the batteries and am still not sure if I need to have the drone on to get past stage 2. For a newcomer it is poorly documented anywhere. The leaflet they give is really a disgrace (and I have worked for Sony and Cannon and Honda preparing user's handbooks and they have standards far above this shoddy scrap of paper with not even half an A4 page of information called "Beginnger's Guide") and like various other American "enterprizes" they expect customers to get help from other customers, like Apple, Airbnb etc. And then they have the audacity to ask us to register with the American flier's club and pay $5? And make us agree to giving them access to all images stored on our phones which we use to control this toy?
So after that very small rant (which is necessary these days if we are to keep any semblance of "service") I will try out your suggestions and get back to report. 2018 06 05 19:34

2018 06 05 20:04 Blue flashes continually and finally it switches itself off. Cannot find "search" for any items on this site. I can go back to the start "Home" and begin again but no search on this page to be seen. The phone is the latest model from Huiwei so should not be at fault. What does the blue flashing mean - it says "entered into 'bind' mode"whatever that means in SanFransicko....

"The phone is the latest model from Huiwei ..."
Latest model may not guarantee that the phone supports WiFI dual band 2GHz and 5GHZ.

airborn asked
Your mobile connects to WiFi 802.11ac?
you didn't answer him.

"The phone is the latest model from Huiwei ..."
Latest model may not guarantee that the phone supports WiFI dual band 2GHz and 5GHZ.

airborn asked
Your mobile connects to WiFi 802.11ac?
you didn't answer him.

Thanks for your time nikono.

Are you implying that if the HuaWei Y 6 2018 does NOT support dual band that this gadget will not work?

HuaWei Y 6 2018 model phone is currently not displaying whether dual band is supported. Not shown in google and not in the Encyclopaedia Britannica, and not in the macbook either. Is this a requirement for this drone to operate? Then it should have been displayed in the product description. I am Idiot and so cannot be expected to know about what obsolescence features SanFransikos are now implementing in their fancy light frilly designs. Perhaps there are some smart people around who can make a practical suggestion.

For model Y6, Huawei website said
"CONNECTIVITY
Wi-Fi Hotspot, Wi-Fi Direct, Bluetooth, Micro USB"
It's 99% chance model Y6 got no dual band. Any phone that got dual band would have it listed. When they don't say it, it means they ain't got it. Just like don't have it, don't tell, don't ask don't tell kind of talk.

Yes, WiFi 5Ghz band on phone is required for the Breeze to work. I also found that out the hard way like you with my older Android phone so I used and old iPhone 5 to fly the Breeze. Many people fell into the same trap, they bought the Breeze not knowing their phone could not work because the phone didn't have dual band.

I don't know what you want to do. Buy a good used iPhone 5 for $90 then you fly the Breeze and enjoy it. In the US, it's priced for only $150 including controller.

Or you can use the Huawei Y6 by connecting it wirelessly to a dual band WiFi repeater/extender (powered by a portable battery pack) and the same WiFi repeater/extender connects wirelessly to the Breeze. The setup is very simple as posted by the moderator herein. The good thing about using extender/repeater is the stable videofeed and possible longer operating range.

ell that sou
For model Y6, Huawei website said
"CONNECTIVITY
Wi-Fi Hotspot, Wi-Fi Direct, Bluetooth, Micro USB"
It's 99% chance model Y6 got no dual band. Any phone that got dual band would have it listed. When they don't say it, it means they ain't got it. Just like don't have it, don't tell, don't ask don't tell kind of talk.

Yes, WiFi 5Ghz band on phone is required for the Breeze to work. I also found that out the hard way like you with my older Android phone so I used and old iPhone 5 to fly the Breeze. Many people fell into the same trap, they bought the Breeze not knowing their phone could not work because the phone didn't have dual band.

I don't know what you want to do. A good used iPhone 5 can be had for $90 the you fly and enjoy the Breeze. In the US, it's only $150 including controller.

Or you can use the Huawei Y6 by connecting it wirelessly to a dual band WiFi repeater/extender (powered by a portable battery pack) and the same WiFi repeater/extender connects wirelessly to the Breeze. The setup is very simple as posted by the moderator herein. The good thing about using extender/repeater is the stable videofeed and possible longer operating range.
Well that sounds like you are well informed. To go and buy yet more Apple trash is not the way forward. Buying yet another TP-link is cheaper but the shiny unblemished white bit of plastic only worked for about an hour in the two years it has taken up space here. I will look for another dual band WiFi extender with an internal battery and if I don't get it tomorrow then let the dogs at Breeze know what I think of their nasty hidden secrets. It is bad enough that they sell the device without warning that the controller is not included, but to then follow up with yet more nasty tricks such as needing a 5GHz band to run this toy is just too much. Those who review it should also have had the decency to warn people. If they don't respond to my mail showing them the content of this forum then it will be the end for their gay parties. I don't put up with crap from any one, even those who 'reach out' in their devious twisted convoluted 'cool manner' and WELL GROOMED BEARDS. 2018 06 06 00:14

Thanks for your time nikono.

Are you implying that if the HuaWei Y 6 2018 does NOT support dual band that this gadget will not work?

HuaWei Y 6 2018 model phone is currently not displaying whether dual band is supported. Not shown in google and not in the Encyclopaedia Britannica, and not in the macbook either. Is this a requirement for this drone to operate? Then it should have been displayed in the product description. I am Idiot and so cannot be expected to know about what obsolescence features SanFransikos are now implementing in their fancy light frilly designs. Perhaps there are some smart people around who can make a practical suggestion.

To answer you, not only is it implied, but your Huawei Y6 2018 only supports 802.11b/g/n so it only operates on 2.4 GHz WiFi. The Breeze requires a device that operates on 5.8 GHz WiFi (802.11ac).

This thread Breeze Troubleshooting Checklist and Help does talk you through the normal startup for the Breeze.

When others are attempting to help you, you could be less arrogant. Could be why you no longer work for Sony, Canon (or was that Cannon), and Honda. You will also find that most of the useful information for flying the Breeze is in the in-app help in Breeze Cam. Hard to leave the manual at home when it’s in the device you are using to fly the Breeze.

The Breeze
ell that sou

Well that sounds like you are well informed. To go and buy yet more Apple trash is not the way forward. Buying yet another TP-link is cheaper but the shiny unblemished white bit of plastic only worked for about an hour in the two years it has taken up space here. I will look for another dual band WiFi extender with an internal battery and if I don't get it tomorrow then let the dogs at Breeze know what I think of their nasty hidden secrets. It is bad enough that they sell the device without warning that the controller is not included, but to then follow up with yet more nasty tricks such as needing a 5GHz band to run this toy is just too much. Those who review it should also have had the decency to warn people. If they don't respond to my mail showing them the content of this forum then it will be the end for their gay parties. I don't put up with crap from any one, even those who 'reach out' in their devious twisted convoluted 'cool manner' and WELL GROOMED BEARDS. 2018 06 06 00:14

This is a privately owned forum serving those that use Yuneec products. It is not owned by Yuneec, monitored by Yuneec, or staffed with Yuneec employees.

Your rant is unheard by them, and while I can empathize with your frustration, I will not tolerate anymore of your behavior on this forum. Here is the link to our Community Guidelines Community Guidelines and I would appreciate you reading and abiding by them.

Didn’t realize you bought it in Pakistan. You said Huawei Y6 2018 so I looked for that and this is the results I found Huawei Y6 2018 price, specifications, features, comparison. Which shows WiFi connectivity of 802.11b/g/n. So if your phone supports 802.11a the Breeze should at least show up in the WiFi as Breeze_xxxxxx, where xxxxxx is the last 6 digits of the MAC address on a label in the battery compartment.

After powering on the Breeze wait for the LED in the arm by the camera to flash green. At that time it should be broadcasting the SSID of Breeze_xxxxxx. Select it and then enter the password of 1234567890. Once connected open the Breeze Cam app.

Didn’t realize you bought it in Pakistan. You said Huawei Y6 2018 so I looked for that and this is the results I found Huawei Y6 2018 price, specifications, features, comparison. Which shows WiFi connectivity of 802.11b/g/n. So if your phone supports 802.11a the Breeze should at least show up in the WiFi as Breeze_xxxxxx, where xxxxxx is the last 6 digits of the MAC address on a label in the battery compartment.

After powering on the Breeze wait for the LED in the arm by the camera to flash green. At that time it should be broadcasting the SSID of Breeze_xxxxxx. Select it and then enter the password of 1234567890. Once connected open the Breeze Cam app.
Thank You Doommeister. Being a Moderator is a Thankless Job. I'm glad you saw thru this. This was my first post here after Lurking here the last 2 weeks. [emoji106]
And find this Community very complete and comprehensive on all the information everyone offers

Hello, I am a visitor, a very frustrated one. I got this used, no warnings whatsoever and I can not operate it. WIFI is not showing on any phone or tablet that I own. Funny thing it appears on my iMac and laptop, but not connecting. Please if you are kind, reply here.
I am looking for a "dual-band wifi repeated" described in the solution in a thread above, in amazon. A cheap but functional one

Hello, I am a visitor, a very frustrated one. I got this used, no warnings whatsoever and I can not operate it. WIFI is not showing on any phone or tablet that I own. Funny thing it appears on my iMac and laptop, but not connecting. Please if you are kind, reply here.
I am looking for the"dual-band wifi repeated" described above. Please outline the connection process and if possible the device in amazon. A cheap but functional one, Thanlks
For starters, welcome to YuneecPilots!

The Breeze is experiencing issues with connecting due to upgrade in both iOS and Android. The first thing to do is to place your phone in Airplane mode then enable WiFi and then attempt to connect with the Breeze.

What phone/s have you tried?

This thread may also help How To: Troubleshoot the Breeze and Request Help in the Forum

Report your findings here after using the checklist in the linked thread.

Last edited:
Thanks, nice to be here, thanks for your time. The phone is a WIKKO HARRY, specs for the WIFI follow:
WLANWi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot

For starters, welcome to YuneecPilots!

The Breeze is experiencing issues with connecting due to upgrade in both iOS and Android. The first thing to do is to place your phone in Airplane mode then enable WiFi and then attempt to connect with the Breeze.

What phone/s have you tried?

This thread may also help How To: Troubleshoot the Breeze and Request Help in the Forum

Report your findings here after using the checklist in the linked thread.
Thanks, nice to be here, thanks for your time. The phone is a WIKKO HARRY, specs for the WIFI follow:
WLANWi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
I tried all suggested, will not work. I think that the only solution is that with the "dual-band wifi repeated". Has anybody else done it? What is the connection route?

To work with the Breeze your phone needs to support 802.11a or 802.11ac in the 5GHz band.

For repeaters I can recommend the ZyXEL WRE6606. With it connected to the Breeze on 5GHz you can connect to the repeater with your phone on 2.4GHz or 5GHz. Another alternative is to purchase an older phone like an iPhone 5S or newer. It does not have to be added to a cellular phone plan. Just use it with a WiFi connection.

Just to check the Breeze is working properly have a friend or relative that has a compatible phone connect to it.

To work with the Breeze your phone needs to support 802.11a or 802.11ac in the 5GHz band.

For repeaters I can recommend the ZyXEL WRE6606. With it connected to the Breeze on 5GHz you can connect to the repeater with your phone on 2.4GHz or 5GHz. Another alternative is to purchase an older phone like an iPhone 5S or newer. It does not have to be added to a cellular phone plan. Just use it with a WiFi connection.

Just to check the Breeze is working properly have a friend or relative that has a compatible phone connect to it.
Thanks a lot, i will do

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop