Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

brightness and screen reading of the ST16

Reaction score
Hello, thank you for your last answer (very long delay to connect the ST16, you indicated a "trouble" WI-FI surrounding, it was indeed the case, bravo Doctor!!) but a question: how to improve the reading of the screen of the ST 16, despite the sunshield, we see strictly nothing if the days are sunny? a setting somewhere possible, or not?

thank you
Dominique

No if your screen brightness is at full then unfortunately their is nothing eles you can do unfortunately

I made an add on sun shield from thin cardboard. Black poster board would also work. I’ll take photos and post dimensions. You will have to adapt a way to keep the sides in position with Velcro or something similar. Mine stays in place using the Tray to hold it in place. It will fit in the top of the backpack for transport.

Reactions: 7cyclops and Rubik
Here are the photos. I will make a drawing and add dimensions a little later.

266C3732-62A7-4114-9377-546FDB5A0601.jpeg
with stock sunshade
2DBAC5BC-C8DC-4335-83CB-2E27199B0659.jpeg
with adding sunshade

Last edited:
I saw a fixed version on another site and knew I didn’t want it where I couldn’t open it and lay it flat. It had to fit in the lid to the backpack when opened flat. This is what I came up with from the size of the lid.

Yours will be much more durable. I don’t want to step on toes either.

Or could just use the sky view goggles I need to start using mine again just need to remember take a 2nd person with me as a spotter

I saw a fixed version on another site and knew I didn’t want it where I couldn’t open it and lay it flat. It had to fit in the lid to the backpack when opened flat. This is what I came up with from the size of the lid.

Yours will be much more durable. I don’t want to step on toes either.
No worries, this is how they should be from the factory.

Reactions: DoomMeister
Professional Sun Shield for Yuneec Typhoon H. Best One Ever.
I made this YouTube video after I spent a months working on this problem.
You can now buy the new sun shield on eBay.

See the YouTube video here.

Professional Sun Shield for Yuneec Typhoon H. Best One Ever.
I made this YouTube video after I spent a months working on this problem.
You can now buy the new sun shield on eBay.

See the YouTube video here.
Where do you store this in the backpack?

It does the job, but the backpack and a battery bag are enough to carry as it is.

Here's another home-built idea. The sun shade is fabricated from a cardboard box. The big difference between this design and others mentioned above is the face opening and cheap reading glasses. The face opening effectively blocks out brightness from behind the pilot. It's a lot like FPV goggles except it's easy to look away to watch the drone. The viewing box slips over the stock sun shield. The disadvantage is that it does not fold up. You can Velcor it to the outside of your backpack.

Attachments

• DSC08321-1.jpg
    DSC08321-1.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 7
  • Love
Reactions: Mike Irish

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval