Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

ST16 screen recorder....HELP

Reaction score
Hello the Android version of my ST16 is 4.4.4 and I can not find APK of the Play store of the software to record the screen of the station. Do you know any application that can be installed on the ST16, in oeder to record the screen . Thank you

Play store is deactivated for security reason. And this is good so. St16 is to control an aircraft with nearly 2kg which is not a toy. You should never install CPU and memory consuming tools on it.

What is the use case for a screen recorder? You can make screenshots at any time by holding the middle soft button. The video downlink is recorded automatically all the time. What else do you need?

br HE

you can connect the ST16 to a video capture card via HDMI, for example, and then record everything on a notebook. We use a wireless solution for this (INKEE Benbox) and stream the image to an Android tablet on which the screen recorder runs.

Reactions: DoomMeister
In addition, being Android 4.x, you would require root to be able to screen record. This is not a complex task if you're experienced with rooting Android devices, but adds an extra layer of things that could go horribly wrong with an aircraft.

If you absolutely must, do what is suggested above and use an external device with HDMI to record.

thank you very much for your answer, I want to record the screen of the ST16 in video because when I use the thermal camera I think it is the only way to have a video with the thermal layer since in the SD of the thermal camera I do not record the thermal vision. ...maybe is because I do not done ...
Play store is deactivated for security reason. And this is good so. St16 is to control an aircraft with nearly 2kg which is not a toy. You should never install CPU and memory consuming tools on it.

What is the use case for a screen recorder? You can make screenshots at any time by holding the middle soft button. The video downlink is recorded automatically all the time. What else do you need?

br HE

you can connect the ST16 to a video capture card via HDMI, for example, and then record everything on a notebook. We use a wireless solution for this (INKEE Benbox) and stream the image to an Android tablet on which the screen recorder runs.
thank you very much for your answer, good idea

In addition, being Android 4.x, you would require root to be able to screen record. This is not a complex task if you're experienced with rooting Android devices, but adds an extra layer of things that could go horribly wrong with an aircraft.

If you absolutely must, do what is suggested above and use an external device with HDMI to record.
OK, thank you very much for your answer

The thermal video is also saved on the SD card. You need a player such as the VLC Media Player, where you can select the picture track. Track 1 is always the normal picture, track 2 the image from the thermal camera.

Reactions: h-elsner
The thermal video is also saved on the SD card. You need a player such as the VLC Media Player, where you can select the picture track. Track 1 is always the normal picture, track 2 the image from the thermal camera.
Yes I know , but the quality is not good. I will preffer record the thermal video in the ST16 because is mounted o mixed the normal video and thermal video, but thank you for your answer.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval