Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Buying off Amazon...

Thanks Steve I'll keep that in mind. Should I try to find something local or is there a well trusted dealer online?

B&H is a trusted company. Have spent a few thousand there. (More like over $10k.). In fact, I think my first H480 [kit] was ordered through them.

But for actual drone service, working with Vertigo now, and have read good reviews here about Carolina Dronz as well as Terrestrial Imaging.

Those are to ones I know of, anyway.

Jeff

Last edited:
Reactions: rdonson
B&H is a trusted company. Have spent a few thousand there. (More like over $10k.). In fact, I think my first H480 [kit] was ordered through them.

But for actual drone service, Working with Vertigo now, and have read good reviews here about Carolina Dronz as well as Terrestrial Imaging.

Those are to ones I know of, anyway.

Jeff
Jeff- thanks a lot. I've heard of both vertigo and Carolina. I'll check them out again. What are your thoughts on buying off the classifieds on this forum? It's obviously a little sketchy but I might snipe a good deal. Had a terrible experience with the last guy I tried to buy from. He sent me two different pics of the controller. One was the st16 and the other was the st16+ lol. It's a fun read if you guys want to check it out...

For Sale - new, unused Typhoon H Pro w/RealSense Bundle

Had a terrible experience with the last guy I tried to buy from. He sent me two different pics of the controller. One was the st16 and the other was the st16+ lol. It's a fun read if you guys want to check it out...
Hmmm.......don't know how I missed that one. I think he will be gone before the evening ends.

Don't get confused about the H Pro and the H Pro w/RealSense. There is a few hundred $ difference. Anything that has 2 batts and the backpack is usually the best deal. You can live nicely without the RealSense, but the backpack is a necessity.

Reactions: toothandnail
Hmmm.......don't know how I missed that one. I think he will be gone before the evening ends.

Don't get confused about the H Pro and the H Pro w/RealSense. There is a few hundred $ difference. Anything that has 2 batts and the backpack is usually the best deal. You can live nicely without the RealSense, but the backpack is a necessity.

Steve,

I believe that “episode” was last year. I remember the stand up board deal. Also, remember being confused about the dialogue, being the seller felt the H was way out of his league, but hadn’t even taken it out of the box!

Anyway, don’t hit yourself too much on this one!

Jeff

Wow that is awesome. It's the h pro with all the bells and whistles too??
Hi Gilly. As others have mentioned that is the H w/o RealSense. I have the H w/realsence from Amazon. Got it at $1199 which is the going rate most everywhere. That being said I have never used the realsense in flying. The H has a sonar system that works quite well when flying both forward and down (landing). If you are not going to use the follow me mode or don't expect to fly in congested areas then you may get by w/o RS. You can always add it later (runs about $399). The H is a great piece of equipment and flies very well. The camera takes some knowledge to get the best out of it. If you are a video pro you will want to pick up the C23 1" CMOS camera when it comes out.
That is a good bundle with 2 batteries and backpack and with the dual antennas it is an s ST16+ controller.... You will want 5 batteries total so you can fly for at least an hour. You can get them pretty cheap from various vendors at around $50... Make the jump you won't be disappointed!

Jeff- thanks a lot. I've heard of both vertigo and Carolina. I'll check them out again. What are your thoughts on buying off the classifieds on this forum? It's obviously a little sketchy but I might snipe a good deal. Had a terrible experience with the last guy I tried to buy from. He sent me two different pics of the controller. One was the st16 and the other was the st16+ lol. It's a fun read if you guys want to check it out...

For Sale - new, unused Typhoon H Pro w/RealSense Bundle

Add Terrestrial Imaging to the list of trusted sellers.

Your experience with a bad transaction is an example of why I avoid purchasing used, or claimed to be unused product from private sellers. The few that I have engaged in delivered products that did not live of to the seller's claim of condition and/or suitability. Recourse can be difficult and time consuming, if there is any recourse at all. The last previously owned item I bought from a private seller was a Typhoon H battery that had only been used a couple times. Seller said it was in good condition but failed to mention it was the battery that had been in he aircraft when it crashed. It arrived at my door with a pack voltage of 12.8v, which is what they drop to when a battery is fully discharged and beyond salvage. There's a person in this forum that recently bought a very expensive system in "like new" condition that found the camera, one that is packed as well as is humanly possible in a well designed travel case, had a broken wire upon arrival. It's highly unlikely the wire was broken in the shipping process. The cost to fix that will run several hundred dollars. So the buyer has spent over $2,000.00 and received a product than can't be used until repairs are performed at additional cost.

Buying used stuff or from private sellers is a risky business and only for those that can afford a loss. Let the buyer beware.

Hi Gilly. As others have mentioned that is the H w/o RealSense. I have the H w/realsence from Amazon. Got it at $1199 which is the going rate most everywhere. That being said I have never used the realsense in flying. The H has a sonar system that works quite well when flying both forward and down (landing). If you are not going to use the follow me mode or don't expect to fly in congested areas then you may get by w/o RS. You can always add it later (runs about $399). The H is a great piece of equipment and flies very well. The camera takes some knowledge to get the best out of it. If you are a video pro you will want to pick up the C23 1" CMOS camera when it comes out.
That is a good bundle with 2 batteries and backpack and with the dual antennas it is an s ST16+ controller.... You will want 5 batteries total so you can fly for at least an hour. You can get them pretty cheap from various vendors at around $50... Make the jump you won't be disappointed!

RealSense has the forward 3D modeling capabilities developed by Intel - http://us.yuneec.com/typhoon-h-intel-realsense-technology - it enables the H to fly around or over obstacles in certain modes of flight.

The Yuneec RealSense module includes the Intel RS forward sensors and at the rear of the module two downward facing sonar devices. The Typhoon H comes with 2 forward sonar devices. If you enable RealSense in the ST16 you will have forward and downward facing sonar. RealSense is of value when using Watch Me/Follow Me modes where RS will avoid the obstacles by flying over or around it. Regular OBS will simply stop the TH and let you figure what you want to do.

The 2 downward facing sonar sensors in the Yuneec RS module do allow pilots to enable the IPS (indoor positioning system).

One thing that can throw pilots a bit off is that with the RS module installed and activated it will NOT let you land with the landing gear up (not recommended for the CGO3+ :D). It is nice for those those times you might be distracted and trying to land with the gear up

I have one H with RS and one without. Other than initially testing the RS to make sure it works I haven't used it since although I don't rule it out in the future.

Yes, as others have said, that is without RealSense. The Amazon ad says it's YUNTYHBPUS, the RealSense model is YUNTHBRUS. With RealSense is $1149

This is the package that I went with. I am sure I will need an extra pair of batteries and a larger SD card, but for now, it is a good starter out-of-the-box package to get out there and fly.

I bought mine from Terrestrial Imaging as well. The prices are pretty much standard, but service and taking with a knowledgeable human are not. I was very impressed with the salesperson. They also run each drone before they send it to you. As well as checking the firmware version.

I used the repair department and was equally impressed.

At the end of the day it is nice to talk with someone who can explain options and help with decisions. Amazon will not be providing that.

Reactions: Steve Carr

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apalomba