Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

C23 Camera gimbal issue

Reaction score
Hello Everyone in the Yuneec H world! I would like to ask if any of you fine people have encountered C23 camera violent shaking and inability to control camera via transmitter, even when you have picture from the camera on the screen...On Typhoon H Plus rig. Please check the youtube link provided for actual issue at hand. Thanks a mil!!!

If the beep codes are the same on the C23/E90 as for the CGO series you have a Pitch encoder fault. @WTFDproject @Steve Carr @georgero or @Yuneec Skins can probably give you a more definitive answer. They have all worked on these cameras.

It would help if you provide some background history on your system.

If the beep codes are the same on the C23/E90 as for the CGO series you have a Pitch encoder fault. [
As @DoomMeister said, you have a Pitch encoder error. The encoder is a small board just under the right hand camera hub cap. That's DRONE right, as in the passenger side of your car (for folks that drive on the right hand side of the road).

Most common causes of this failure are:
1.) Bad sensor board. It happens, but it is fairly rare.
2.) Damaged pitch ribbon. Only common if the drone has been in a hard landing, or transported without the gimbal lock in place.
3.) Bad sensor magnet. This one is only recently recognized, and not well understood. It can be characterized by symptoms as slight as the magnet appears normal, but has lost most or ALL of it's magnetism. In most observed instances, the magnet is covered by a fuzzy material resembling iron dust, but of a lighter color. The chrome plating is often flaking off the magnet. The magnet is often in a state of physically crumbling for no apparent reason. Instances have been observed from Florida, Kansas, Massachusetts and California, so it does not appear to be a regional environmental issue. It does NOT seem related to operating in dusty conditions. Only one instance showed any sign of dust anywhere else in the encoder area or anywhere else on the camera.
4.) Firmware Glitch. I have only seen this one twice. The resolution was to downgrade the gimbal firmware to original Build 652, then upgrade to Build 784, and then return to your normal build. This one is obviously also not well understood (at least by me). And not very likely to yield results, but seemed worth mentioning.
5.) Gimbal Board Failure: I have not yet seen a spontaneous gimbal board failure. All were related to crash events or reverse power events. But, of course, always remains a possibility.

Lots of possibilities. As @DoomMeister also mentioned, any history you can provide might help one of the possibilities to stand out, and possibly help us recommend a more specific resolution.

Hello Everyone in the Yuneec H world! I would like to ask if any of you fine people have encountered C23 camera violent shaking and inability to control camera via transmitter, even when you have picture from the camera on the screen...On Typhoon H Plus rig. Please check the youtube link provided for actual issue at hand. Thanks a mil!!!
Hello. did you manage to solve the problem? I have the same case.

As mentioned above by @WTFDproject , there are many possibilities as to what the problem is - if you give some history and background of your H Plus, a solution may be easier to select.
My camera drone snagged on a tree and fell from a height of 20 metres. Damaged the camera housing and the main power cable broke. In addition, the camera had a bent axis. The image from the camera is still transmitted. I replaced the housing, repaired the power cable. To be sure, I ordered a mounting bracket (photo) to have the correct axis. I do not know if this will help.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    205.5 KB · Views: 7
Reactions: Ty Pilot
Mine was damaged in the exact same way as yours. I replaced the main cable too, and afterward my gimbal makes erratic movements like spinning in circles. From what I've read on this forum and from what Vertigo Drones told me, it is just a matter of calibrating the gimbal. Unfortunately that involves software that the general public does not have access to, so you have to send it in. I think I'm about to begrudgingly pay for Vertigo Drones to calibrate mine.

Mine was damaged in the exact same way as yours. I replaced the main cable too, and afterward my gimbal makes erratic movements like spinning in circles. From what I've read on this forum and from what Vertigo Drones told me, it is just a matter of calibrating the gimbal. Unfortunately that involves software that the general public does not have access to, so you have to send it in. I think I'm about to begrudgingly pay for Vertigo Drones to calibrate mine.
I think you will find that @Yuneec Skins can also service your camera. He is one of our Approved Vendors.

Reactions: jgunth689
HI there,

Had same problem on a CGO3 Plus camera and WTFD pointed me to the

3.) Bad sensor magnet. This one is only recently recognized, and not well understood. It can be characterized by symptoms as slight as the magnet appears normal, but has lost most or ALL of it's magnetism. In most observed instances, the magnet is covered by a fuzzy material resembling iron dust, but of a lighter color. The chrome plating is often flaking off the magnet. The magnet is often in a state of physically crumbling for no apparent reason. Instances have been observed from Florida, Kansas, Massachusetts and California, so it does not appear to be a regional environmental issue. It does NOT seem related to operating in dusty conditions. Only one instance showed any sign of dust anywhere else in the encoder area or anywhere else on the camera.

When I found said flakes, where he described, I also found a short in 1 wire, so replaced both parts and is still working today.

I also use a C23 and so far ( touch wood ) it's bin fine. ?

T

Did you get this resolved as I have the exact same problem.

I could replace the AS5600 if I could workout how to get the side cover off ! Then I presume I could do a gimbal calibration to set it up ..... or am I way off the mark ?

Thanks in advance.

The gimbal calibration can only be done by a factory tech. The software is not released to the end user.

Reactions: Yuneec Skins
C23/E90 Repair Service;

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop