Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

C23 camera stopped working during flight

tin

Reaction score
The other day, I did one flight without problems, landed to change battery, took off again to record some more footage... And about a minute into the flight, the video on the controller froze. WiFi said it was still connected. I landed to try and reconnect, but couldn't, so I restarted both the controller and the H+. Image came back up, so I took off again... Only to have it drop out again after about a minute.
This time I manually reconnected the controller WiFi using the Android settings app, and still got no video stream. I also connected my phone to the WiFi, but not knowing what the stream URL is, I couldn't really do much more. Port scan showed open ports of DNS, HTTP and RTSP, but HTTP timed out when I tried to open it, and I wasn't sure what the correct RTSP URL was (it did also time out with just the ip address, but that might be normal with the wrong URL).

I'm just looking at the SD card right now, and it also seems to have recorded only up to the point where the image dropped out each time. The first video is playable, and does not include landing. The second file needed to be repaired with untrunc due to not closing, and is only 11 seconds long (was only about 60MB too, so not surprising it's that short).

Anyone had anything like that happen before? Could it be related to heat? 30 degrees outside that day, which isn't particularly hot, but the camera itself is black so would get pretty warm in the sun.

Did you notice if the camera LED changed color or went dark when it stopped recording?
If it is not currently sending/recording video, it would be good to know what color it is both with and without an SD card in the camera.

Didn't look - I still forget the camera even has an LED on it ?

Just trying it sitting on the floor now in my air-conditioned office and it seems to be staying connected, so I might have to come back to this when I've got time to actually take it out for another fly. I also have my phone hooked up and streaming via VLC now I know the correct URL, so that will be helpful if it happens again.

Reactions: WTFDproject
Didn't look - I still forget the camera even has an LED on it ?

Just trying it sitting on the floor now in my air-conditioned office and it seems to be staying connected, so I might have to come back to this when I've got time to actually take it out for another fly. I also have my phone hooked up and streaming via VLC now I know the correct URL, so that will be helpful if it happens again.
AC in 30 degree weather I take it it isn't fahrenheit

Finally took the thing out for another flight after a very busy few weeks... And I had no problems at all. Brief glitchy video feed when I had it at 110m straight above me and the antenna still pointed horizontal (whoops), but no dropouts and still able to end the recording after landing.

Temperature was a little cooler, and it was overcast and later in the day... I'm fairly confident now that it simply overheated last time from exposure to the hot sun.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval