Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

C23 connection problems

Reaction score
Website
www.highcaliberpropertyinspections.com
I've only flown this drone 5 maybe 6 times. Every time it worked fine. Now the C23 camera is having issues. I can control the gimble, up down and pan with the ST16. There is a green light on the camera that is steady sometimes and other times is flashing or blinking. All of the camera indicators or Icons on the ST16 screen say N/A. If I press the video or camera button on the ST16 a message pops up "No SD Card".
  • The SD card is inserted, it is the same SD card that came with it. Its a ScanDisk 32gb and yes it does have the 3 in the U. I have reformatted the card to FAT32 in my PC.
  • I went to the Gear at upper right of screen, then to the signal bar to check the "Bind" possibly 25 times now.
  • It searched for and found the camera C23_320882 every time.
  • I tapped the number and entered the password - 1234567890 - then checked OK,... No big green checkmark appeared.
  • When I check the "Bind" of the Typhoon H a big green checkmark is present just after the number.
  • I left Flight Mode and went to settings, then to Wi-Fi and the C23_320882 appears in the list and moves through these messages without my intervention: "Saved, Secured with WPA2", "Authentication problem", "Connected".
  • When I tape on the camera in Wi-Fi it says "Signal Strength good".
I'm not really sure what else to do, seems like I've done everything that folks have told me to try or that I've read. I don't know how the card can be missing when it is installed. I'm not sure why the camera wouldn't connect and show a picture on the screen even if the card were missing, I would think it just wouldn't record. I understand the gimble is separate from the camera as far a systems go and that's that function still works. But the ST16 is seeing the camera, it is showing up on the Bind function, it just wont bind and there is no feed. .... What next, I am befuddled .....

Last edited:
What next, I am befuddled .....
It sounds like the communication from the camera to the controller is working normally, but the communication from the controller to the camera is not.
As a start, please check to ensure both the TX and RX firmware subsystems on the controller are showing valid firmware versions. Refer to the attached document as required:

Attachments

• Verify ST16S TX and RX Version Display.pdf
    591.5 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
OK, Thank you. I followed the instructions to verify.

When reading the Transmitter Version: The number on my controller was the same except the last two digits. On your file the number ends with v00.39 On my controller it ends with v00.35
When reading the Radio Version: Both numbers (My controller and your file) were exactly the same.

So, the transmitter is different.

The number on my controller was the same except the last two digits. On your file the number ends with v00.39 On my controller it ends with v00.35
When reading the Radio Version: Both numbers (My controller and your file) were exactly the same.
It sounds like your controller is on an older version of firmware. That should not cause the problems you see, but it would be good to know your versions. If you will post a screenshot of your firmware versions, it will help understand what we are working with.

Did anything change or happen between the last time the system worked and the first time it did not? Things like calibrations, firmware updates, loading new APPS, drops/bumps of either drone/camera/controller, changing locations (drastically), long storage periods (months) have all been known to create issues. Anything you can think of might be helpful.

EDIT: V00.35 is correct for HPlus Build 822

Last edited:
Corrected the post above. My screenshots were from an ST16S for H520. Sorry. My bad.
I checked an ST16S for H Plus and the TX version matches yours. It would still be good to get a screenshot of your versions, but I doubt that is going to be the issue.

Not sure where my thread went, looks like it may have been deleted. Anyway, I'm attaching a screen shot of the controller showing the Firmware version. I Think this is what was asked for.

Moderator note: This was moved from another thread.

Attachments

• Screen Shot.jpg
    Screen Shot.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 21
Last edited by a moderator:
OK, Sorry, took me a few minutes. I couldn't find this thread so I'd started a new one. But here it is .
I've attached a screen shot of the controller and the firmware version.
The last time I flew was on April the 20th, and everything went OK, I was in a back yard with very little room doing an inspection. I did get Check for Geomagnetic Interference Warnings 5 or 6 times, many cars around and the garage and homes were pretty much a cluster. I got as far away as I could but still ended up with the warnings. Other than that, I don't remember having any issue where it would have been dropped, bumped or banged. I discharge the batteries for storage and it all goes in a case. 2 days ago was the first time since the 20th that I attempted to fly.

Attachments

• Screen Shot.jpg
    Screen Shot.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 10
Not sure where my thread went, looks like it may have been deleted. Anyway, I'm attaching a screen shot of the controller showing the Firmware version. I Think this is what was asked for.

Moderator note: This was moved from another thread.

OK, Sorry, took me a few minutes. I couldn't find this thread so I'd started a new one. But here it is .
I've attached a screen shot of the controller and the firmware version.
The last time I flew was on April the 20th, and everything went OK, I was in a back yard with very little room doing an inspection. I did get Check for Geomagnetic Interference Warnings 5 or 6 times, many cars around and the garage and homes were pretty much a cluster. I got as far away as I could but still ended up with the warnings. Other than that, I don't remember having any issue where it would have been dropped, bumped or banged. I discharge the batteries for storage and it all goes in a case. 2 days ago was the first time since the 20th that I attempted to fly.
The screenshot indicates you are on build 822, which is good.
However, it is also showing an error mark on the 5.8 WiFi. That mark should not be there. Even if the drone/camera are not turned on. Not a lot to go by, but it tends to imply the issue is in the controller, not in the camera.
One quick check to help focus on which to look at. Leave the Drone/Camera off. Restart only the controller. See if the error mark goes away. With the Drone/Camera off, it will be normal to get an error on the other (2.4) WiFi.

WIFI error.png

OK, so I restarted the controller and did not even have a battery in the Drone. The wifi still had the error.
I then left flight mode, went to settings and then to Wi-Fi and the 5.8 was disconnected. I checked the connect box and it did connect. See next picture. I then left Flight mode again and went back to settings and Wi-Fi just to look at it,... it was still on and now the camera added to the bottom of the list as "not in range".
The drone is still off and the ST16 is still showing active Wi-Fi on the 5.8.

Attachments

• wifi3.jpg
    wifi3.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 18
  • wifi2.jpg
    wifi2.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 17
  • wifi.jpg
    wifi.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 17
Let's try an experiment.
1.) In settings, tell it to "Forget" the home 5.8 WiFi. (and anything else it has ever been connected to)
2.) Start the Drone and Camera.
3.) First, see if the camera shows up in normal bind, and see if the WiFi error flag returns.
4.) If those don't work, go back to settings and connect to the C23 manually.
5.) Then check for the WiFi error flag again.

OK,
  1. Went to settings, "Forgot" the home 5.8, no problem but there are several other Wi-Fi's available including our printer. I wanted to remove them or forget them as well but there is no option to forget those. Anyway I did "Forget" the 5.8 successfully.
  2. I placed a battery into the Drone and started it.
  3. The camera did show up in the bind, and the WiFi error showed up as well.
  4. So, I went back to settings and manually connected the camera and it says signal strength is good. I then went to the 5.8 home wifi and re-entered the password and it is now connected with signal strength good. in Settings, both the camera and 5.8 are connected.
  5. When I return to flight mode the WiFi error is now gone and it appears to have very good signal strength, but it should have the camera feed showing,... and all of the camera icons are still showing N/A. But hey I don't have a WiFi error. When I attempt to Bind the camera, it searches, finds the camera, I touch the number and the password screen comes up. I still have Wi-Fi at this point. Now I enter the password, when I touch the OK box I get a yellow box message that says WiFi link lost. And now the wifi error shows up again.
Picture 1 shows the screen with no WiFi error, everything is connected and turned on in settings.
Picture 2 shows when I attempt to bind, just after entering the password and touching OK, the WiFi signal is lost and the error icon returns.

I also need to leave for a few hours, and the controller battery needs to charge. It is VERY low at this point.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 18
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 17
OK,
  1. Went to settings, "Forgot" the home 5.8, no problem but there are several other Wi-Fi's available including our printer. I wanted to remove them or forget them as well but there is no option to forget those. Anyway I did "Forget" the 5.8 successfully.
  2. I placed a battery into the Drone and started it.
  3. The camera did show up in the bind, and the WiFi error showed up as well.
  4. So, I went back to settings and manually connected the camera and it says signal strength is good. I then went to the 5.8 home wifi and re-entered the password and it is now connected with signal strength good. in Settings, both the camera and 5.8 are connected.
  5. When I return to flight mode the WiFi error is now gone and it appears to have very good signal strength, but it should have the camera feed showing,... and all of the camera icons are still showing N/A. But hey I don't have a WiFi error. When I attempt to Bind the camera, it searches, finds the camera, I touch the number and the password screen comes up. I still have Wi-Fi at this point. Now I enter the password, when I touch the OK box I get a yellow box message that says WiFi link lost. And now the wifi error shows up again.
Picture 1 shows the screen with no WiFi error, everything is connected and turned on in settings.
Picture 2 shows when I attempt to bind, just after entering the password and touching OK, the WiFi signal is lost and the error icon returns.

I also need to leave for a few hours, and the controller battery needs to charge. It is VERY low at this point.
At least it showed some change. Let's hope a full battery helps. I'll check back later.

I then went to the 5.8 home wifi and re-entered the password and it is now connected with signal strength good. in Settings, both the camera and 5.8 are connected.
Opps. Missed that on first read. That should not happen. I don't think the controller can connect to both at once. Tell it to forget both the 5.8 Home WIFI and the Camera, then connect ONLY to the camera to see if you can get a bind.

Reactions: DoomMeister
HA! Eureka! The link you emailed me last with the other guy having a similar problem has got my video feed back from the camera to the ST16. I pushed the reset button under the flap on the camera. I did it too fast the first several times and it didn't work, then I re-read and saw that it needs to be held for several seconds (Maybe around 15 sec) then I got a message on the ST16 that WiFi had been restored and there was the video feed. I messed around with the controls and panned up & down and the video showed everything, took some photos.
I then shut off the Drone, then Shut down the controller. When I turned them back on - controller first then the drone, the feed was still there.

Picture #1 - I just took of my printer on the desk.
Picture #2 - Icons upper right of screen just now with video feed working.

Attachments

• 22.jpg
    22.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 14
  • 23.jpg
    23.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 14
Well, I can’t thank you enough. You Sir along with Steve Carr are doing more than just helping other guys, you’re basically the best help desk I’ve ever worked with. Mr. Carr has helped me a couple times and now you. Otherwise this thing would be a paper weight. Grateful, doesn’t seem adequate for all that you do. So again I say Thank You! And no doubt this won’t be the last time I reach out for help, Have a great evening.

I've only flown this drone 5 maybe 6 times. Every time it worked fine. Now the C23 camera is having issues. I can control the gimble, up down and pan with the ST16. There is a green light on the camera that is steady sometimes and other times is flashing or blinking. All of the camera indicators or Icons on the ST16 screen say N/A. If I press the video or camera button on the ST16 a message pops up "No SD Card".
  • The SD card is inserted, it is the same SD card that came with it. Its a ScanDisk 32gb and yes it does have the 3 in the U. I have reformatted the card to FAT32 in my PC.
  • I went to the Gear at upper right of screen, then to the signal bar to check the "Bind" possibly 25 times now.
  • It searched for and found the camera C23_320882 every time.
  • I tapped the number and entered the password - 1234567890 - then checked OK,... No big green checkmark appeared.
  • When I check the "Bind" of the Typhoon H a big green checkmark is present just after the number.
  • I left Flight Mode and went to settings, then to Wi-Fi and the C23_320882 appears in the list and moves through these messages without my intervention: "Saved, Secured with WPA2", "Authentication problem", "Connected".
  • When I tape on the camera in Wi-Fi it says "Signal Strength good".
I'm not really sure what else to do, seems like I've done everything that folks have told me to try or that I've read. I don't know how the card can be missing when it is installed. I'm not sure why the camera wouldn't connect and show a picture on the screen even if the card were missing, I would think it just wouldn't record. I understand the gimble is separate from the camera as far a systems go and that's that function still works. But the ST16 is seeing the camera, it is showing up on the Bind function, it just wont bind and there is no feed. .... What next, I am befuddled .....
Hi, did you solve this issue because I have exactly the same....

Do you have an image on screen?

Did anything happen between the last time the camera worked correctly and the first time it did not? Things like compass calibrations with the camera mounted, dropped camera, hard landings, transport without the gimbal lock in place, long storage periods, different SD card, higher resolution settings, or anything else you can think of.

Reactions: DoomMeister
Hi,

Nothing specific. My main issue seems that the st16 can't bind with the typhoon h +, even if I go intro setting to find the wifi from the camera, I have nothing. But I Can manage gimbal/caméra with the st16, I only dont have thé vidéo and connexion between st16 and the drone for thé RC. I've tried to reboot the wifi and reset the camera but it doesn't World.

The camera and the gimbal are built as one unit, but they are two separate components, with different control systems. It is very common to have problems with one but not the other.

The most likely resolution will be in two stages. One is to go into WIFI settings and "forget" everything that has ever been connected. A lot of WIFI will show up that was never connected and therefore will not have the "forget" option. You don't have to worry about those.

The second stage would be to reset the camera using the reset button near the SD card. The document below is a draft document. It has not even been tried it to see if it works. If the button in this document does not work, use the other button. You may even need to do a factory reset of the controller, which will mean reinstalling the FlightMode APK.

Attachments

• C23 Camera Reset.pdf
    7.4 MB · Views: 8

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis