Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

C23 gimbal went crazy after downloading logs

Moving the magnet or doing a recalibration is almost the same.

We are moving the magnets due to a lack of calibration software. We don't want to use "authorized service centers" due to not collaborative behavior of the authorized guys. As you can see your replaced camera by warranty...

Of course, there is a reason to not destroy their business with alternative solutions, because some good guys do repair tasks too. Without secret software tools, they are doing it. ;)

Reactions: Frontier
After 2 days of not replying to any e-mail, I've managed to talk to someone from the sales department of Yuneec GmbH. Their telephone lines are available only for 2 hours/day.
I've opened an RMA ticket and now I am waiting for their response in order to send them back the C23 for repair.

Update: I've sent the camera to Yuneec GmbH on 29th April using Hellenic Post registered article and the package arrived in Germany on 9th May.
Until two days ago, no information was provided by Yuneec GmbH regarding my RMA status, not even answering to two e-mails I've sent on their customer care e-mail.
On 25th May I've called them in Germany where a very polite representative told me that he will ask his colleague about the status of my RMA (he was working from home because as he was Covid-19 positive) and today (27 May) I received an e-mail from TNT with a tracking number for a package sent from them to my address.

I have no idea still what happened - they have not asked for any payment to be made - and if the camera was actually repaired or they send it back to me with the same problem.
TNT says that the package should arrive here by 3rd of June, I just hope that I do receive a working C23.
Will post more info when the package arrives.

Hi guys, mine is doing this also do this but a lot more dramatically, is there anything I can do myself to sort it?

Hi guys, mine is doing this also do this but a lot more dramatically, is there anything I can do myself to sort it?

I call that the "crazy dance". It generally shows up when the IMU is out of calibration or otherwise incapable of normal performance/communication with the gimbal board. It could also be an issue with the gimbal board itself. Possibly even degrading pitch/roll sensor magnets. Hard to tell without having it in hand.
Do you know of anything that happen between the last time it worked normally and the first time it did not? Parts replacement/firmware updates/compass calibration/accelerometer calibration/hard landing/sharp bump/transport without gimbal lock/long storage period?

I call that the "crazy dance". It generally shows up when the IMU is out of calibration or otherwise incapable of normal performance/communication with the gimbal board. It could also be an issue with the gimbal board itself. Possibly even degrading pitch/roll sensor magnets. Hard to tell without having it in hand.
Do you know of anything that happen between the last time it worked normally and the first time it did not? Parts replacement/firmware updates/compass calibration/accelerometer calibration/hard landing/sharp bump/transport without gimbal lock/long storage period?
Hi, Thanks for the reply, it was used perfectly last week, the only thing I can think of was the gimbal lock for transport was left on accidently during its last flight. I have download the gimbal firmware to my pc but I've no Idea on how to get it onto the drone :(

Just last week, there were two reports of a similar problem on a CGo3+ on Typhoon H being cleared by a simple method. Both had the problem after operating with the gimbal lock installed.
1.) Remove the camera.
2.) Power up the drone.
3.) Power off the drone.
4.) Install the camera.
5.) Power up the drone and camera.

This method was reported by @Thomas111 and @Calieorangeflyer in Posts 8 and 9 of:

I haven't seen it work, but it would certainly be worth a try. And a great thing to learn if it does work.

Last edited:
Just to add... Good GPS coverage adds help too. Wait enough between steps 2 and 3 to get GPS ready on the remote.

The camera works better with accurate position data.

Just last week, there were two reports of a similar problem on a CGo3+ on Typhoon H being cleared by a simple method. Both had the problem after operating with the gimbal lock installed.
1.) Remove the camera.
2.) Power up the drone.
3.) Power off the drone.
4.) Install the camera.
5.) Power up the drone and camera.

I haven't seen it work, but it would certainly be worth a try. And a great thing to learn if it does work.
On my case, I've already tried that and did not help at all, even before posting here on this forum.
Maybe the Typhoon H - which uses a different firmware code than the H Plus - with this procedure resets the gimbal IMU and re-performs calibration (the H has the option for gimbal calibration, where the H Plus does not).
But yes, it would be great to learn if this works.

Just to add... Good GPS coverage adds help too. Wait enough between steps 2 and 3 to get GPS ready on the remote.

The camera works better with accurate position data.
On my original C23 post back in 2020, the Yuneec GmbH support technician told me (via e-mail) that the C23 gimbal does use compass calibration data to re-calibrate itself.
I have not received my C23 back from Yuneec yet but if it was fixed by following the procedure above, that might explain why they did not charge me anything for the repair.

Last edited:
Reactions: WTFDproject
I received today the package from Yuneec GmbH with my repaired C23 camera. Their packaging standards are insane, you could easily play football with the package and the C23 would not understand a thing :)
The C23 gimbal works OK, I am waiting for the weather to calm down in order to fly test it.

There was a repair report included, which reads:
24.05.2022: - Camera was tested, Yaw motor High frequency was misset. Camera was calibrated.
The C23 was accepted on 9th May and was repaired on 24th. Judging from the date of the repair and fact that they did not even respond to the e-mail I've sent them asking for information about my RMA, I feel that the service department must have an enormous backlog of repairs to do or/and is severely understaffed.
In any case, they only did a calibration, no physical damage to the motors/encoders and (probably) why they did not charge me at all!
Well done Yuneec GmbH :)

P.S: I still do not undestand why the yaw motor frequency was misset, since it worked fine before trying to download the (many) aircraft logs.
In any case, just to be safe, I will remove the C23 from the drone before downloading logs.

So the reply I got from Yuneec Europe was to contact Yuneec UK, got an email from Graham, he said possibly one of the encoders had failed on one of the axis motors and to contact Yuneec Europe o_Oo_O anyone want to buy a broken Hplus lol

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval