Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

C23 vs E90 for the H520

Reaction score
I am looking to upgrade my Typhoon H to an H520 (NOT H520E) (long story).
Most of the H520's for sale don't include a camera. As I look for cameras, the closest to the CGO3+ I have now looks to be the C23 or the E90.
Are they the same camera?
Are they both "Plug and Play" for the H520?
Do they both have the same telemetry?
Do they both work the same with Data Pilot?

The C23's I've seen online are a few hundred cheaper than the E90's.

Thank you all in advance!

Nesher,
For use with the Typhoon H520, the C23 and E90 cameras are interchangeable. When you mount the C23 on the drone, it shows as an E90, but it performs the same as the E90. All of the camera functions work fine.

As to converting a Typhoon H (480) to a Typhoon H520 requires a substantial change-out of the hardware, including the mainboard. The frame is different as are the arms and motors/blades. I'm attaching a more detailed list that would be needed to make the transition. Most of the parts for the Typhoon H Plus/H520 are the same, but very different from the Typhoon H (480).

Attachments

• H480 to H Plus-H520 conversion parts.pdf
    228.6 KB · Views: 25
Nesher,
For use with the Typhoon H520, the C23 and E90 cameras are interchangeable. When you mount the C23 on the drone, it shows as an E90, but it performs the same as the E90. All of the camera functions work fine.

As to converting a Typhoon H (480) to a Typhoon H520 requires a substantial change-out of the hardware, including the mainboard. The frame is different as are the arms and motors/blades. I'm attaching a more detailed list that would be needed to make the transition. Most of the parts for the Typhoon H Plus/H520 are the same, but very different from the Typhoon H (480).
Thank you for all the hard work, but when I said upgrade, I meant I am buying an H520, and will then sell my Typhoon H.
Now to go camera shopping!

@Nesher,
For Clarification. Are you planning to physically modify a Typhoon H to be an H520, or are you purchasing a ready built H520?
I have purchased a new H520 without a camera; once it arrives and I'm sure it's working, I'll sell my Typhoon H.
Thank you, I agree my original post was not clear.

You might check with John Mitchell (Yuneec Skins), a member of this forum, that has rebuilt C23's and E90's at a good price.

Reactions: Nesher
The 23 doesnt work as the 90 does, sure it works but some functions dont ? The main thing I noticed was you cant tell the 23 which way its pointing / shooting at the way points the way you can adjust at each individual waypoint as you can with the 90 ??? Maybe its just me, maybe not, I've asked around, and never got an answer ?

• Love
Reactions: Nesher
I use my H520's pretty much exclusively for photogrammetry, so the camera is pointing down all of the time. You don't have the zoom function on the H520 with the C23, which I seldom use anyway. The C23 does fine on the H Plus for the zoom. I haven't tried camera angle/orientation for waypoints on the H520.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop