Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Cable Cam Question:

Solo has the best CC IMO. I have tried several SDK's with my Phantom's and they don't come close. Solo's cable locks the gimbal in frame by frame. The acceleration and deceleration of the vehicle is controlled so regardless of the speed chosen the shot is cinematic and perfectly framed.

I was impressed with my H's CCC, it is close to Solo in flight performance. The acceleration and deceleration of the vehicle is managed well and the gimbal is smooth in both pitch and yaw. The H hits the marks very well, a sore point with SDK. The H also frames the shot well so you get the shot you want.

Unfortunately the interface/GUI lets the H down at this point IMO. Setting up the shot is similar to Litchi where you add and subtract waypoints then run the cable. You can name and save the cable if you want. Solo is more intuitive with AB buttons and a DVD style playback. It's easy to run the cable with Solo, there are several ways to easily change speed and reverse the cable.

With the H controlling speed and starting and stopping the cable is not intuitive for me bumping sticks around. Surprisingly the H flies a tight close is cable with style, it's a good start. 11 mph works great for tight cables but is limited for long sweeping flights. High speed is where SDK's fail IMO, seems like they just can't process all the information fast enough and translate it into coordinated moves, it looks robotic; missing the marks and not framing the shots. The faster you go the worst it gets. I'm not sure yet if the H has the computing power required to perform like Solo. This is where Solo shines, even at top speed Solo slows down gracefully and makes the turn then accelerates out like a professional pilot.

The H has potential with the embedded firmware but it has a ways to go with the GUI IMO.

I'm not a camera guy but can say with 100% certainty the Solo with PH2 FC is a very powerful piece of hardware that most don't appreciate. Put one in a P4 or H, replicate the MPCC code and then it might sink in why the Solo is in a league by itself. RTK may be coming to Solo which will give it extremely precise location accuracy.

I hadn't seen the H video before. It actually is quite smooth and accurate; only used CCC once or twice to test it.

Solo has the best CC IMO. I have tried several SDK's with my Phantom's and they don't come close. Solo's cable locks the gimbal in frame by frame. The acceleration and deceleration of the vehicle is controlled so regardless of the speed chosen the shot is cinematic and perfectly framed.

I was impressed with my H's CCC, it is close to Solo in flight performance. The acceleration and deceleration of the vehicle is managed well and the gimbal is smooth in both pitch and yaw. The H hits the marks very well, a sore point with SDK. The H also frames the shot well so you get the shot you want.

Unfortunately the interface/GUI lets the H down at this point IMO. Setting up the shot is similar to Litchi where you add and subtract waypoints then run the cable. You can name and save the cable if you want. Solo is more intuitive with AB buttons and a DVD style playback. It's easy to run the cable with Solo, there are several ways to easily change speed and reverse the cable.

With the H controlling speed and starting and stopping the cable is not intuitive for me bumping sticks around. Surprisingly the H flies a tight close is cable with style, it's a good start. 11 mph works great for tight cables but is limited for long sweeping flights. High speed is where SDK's fail IMO, seems like they just can't process all the information fast enough and translate it into coordinated moves, it looks robotic; missing the marks and not framing the shots. The faster you go the worst it gets. I'm not sure yet if the H has the computing power required to perform like Solo. This is where Solo shines, even at top speed Solo slows down gracefully and makes the turn then accelerates out like a professional pilot.

The H has potential with the embedded firmware but it has a ways to go with the GUI IMO.

If only the legs went up!

With one of the many replacement lenses available for a Go Pro there is no need for the legs to go up, they are never in the shot.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierrarhodesss