Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Calibration and satellite acclamation

I will try and record the behavior but as you know it never happens when you want it to. I've got a couple Nikons with 50mm lenses. It's suppose to get cold again with snow, sleet and rain so that puts a damper on flying for me.
It's still cold in Ohio, no flying for me also

Reactions: thoneter
So an update to the update. 50 degrees yesterday! Woohoo! I've flown 6 sets of batteries since my last post. The 920 flew with no horizontal drift and corresponding lack of right joystick response. It's only my opinion but I think compass and satellite acclamation after large move is something that takes time. In that time I think one can expect nuances in flight like drifting, fly aways and unresponsive joystick commands.

I've had 2 fly aways back to back with my 480's and I think they were the result of chintzy Chinese components and firmware that did not account for these nuances.

Both of my 480's hold their positions both horizontally and vertically much better than the 920 that I have. My guess is that the 920+ does much better also as they act much like the 480's.

Yes that is only my 2 cents worth as a novice flier!

So what caused your flyaway, I have the 480 for 2 years and nothing. Haven't had the chance yet to fly my plus

So what caused your flyaway, I have the 480 for 2 years and nothing. Haven't had the chance yet to fly my plus
I had been flying the H a few times with the firmware from a year and a half ago. I was used to the Walkera Tali 500 and hated the take offs and landings of the Tali. Got the H and loved the take offs and landings. It was a lot more stable hovering also.

I told my 4 kids to come down and watch the H to see how cool it was. I usually get it to 8 or 10 feet and let it hover and as soon as it was hovering it decided that it wanted to take off and do it's own thing. No joystick or RTH commands worked and I had no chance to shut the GPS off as the whole flight was 20 seconds. It found a tree and fell to terra firma.

Sent it to Yuneec with the telemetry files which they lost and my H became a q500. I requested that the tech that worked on it call me to let me know what happened and they stated that since they lost the telemetry files that they couldn't let me know. I suggested pulling them off of the 480 but they sent it to me with a new compass and GPS. Flew the repaired 480 for one battery and took it north 300 miles to Duluth MN and instead of a tree insert a yacht and replay the previous scenario.

I demanded a new 480 and it rec'd the newest firmware and no problems to date. Bought another 480 from B&H photo for $599 for a backup and no problems their either.

Reactions: madatme
I had been flying the H a few times with the firmware from a year and a half ago. I was used to the Walkera Tali 500 and hated the take offs and landings of the Tali. Got the H and loved the take offs and landings. It was a lot more stable hovering also.

I told my 4 kids to come down and watch the H to see how cool it was. I usually get it to 8 or 10 feet and let it hover and as soon as it was hovering it decided that it wanted to take off and do it's own thing. No joystick or RTH commands worked and I had no chance to shut the GPS off as the whole flight was 20 seconds. It found a tree and fell to terra firma.

Sent it to Yuneec with the telemetry files which they lost and my H became a q500. I requested that the tech that worked on it call me to let me know what happened and they stated that since they lost the telemetry files that they couldn't let me know. I suggested pulling them off of the 480 but they sent it to me with a new compass and GPS. Flew the repaired 480 for one battery and took it north 300 miles to Duluth MN and instead of a tree insert a yacht and replay the previous scenario.

I demanded a new 480 and it rec'd the newest firmware and no problems to date. Bought another 480 from B&H photo for $599 for a backup and no problems their either.
That's good you got a new one

Reactions: thoneter

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trepox