Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Calibrations

Reaction score
I'm completely new to drones. Just purchased a Typhoon H. Have a couple of questions before my first flight. 1. Do you have to do the calibrations every time you use the drone? 2. Should my first flight be in smart mode or angle mode? I've read some horror stories about smart mode. Thanks in advance

Calibrate it right out of the box
Calibrate after firmware updates
Calibrate if you travel 50 plus miles to a new site (some will not agree)
Calibrate if you see it not acting the way it should.
Take off in angle mode and switch to safe mode after your sure its 25 plus feet away. Lots of reports of first timers taking off in safe mode and being inside the safe circle causing the craft to run away from you and crashing.

I'm completely new to drones. Just purchased a Typhoon H......

A word of friendly advice. Do not use the H to be your "learning how to fly" drone. It's much too expensive to beat to death in only one or a few flights. Obtain a cheap toy quad and learn to fly with that. You WILL destroy the toy, there's no need to destroy your H.

Reactions: lakeman70
A word of friendly advice. Do not use the H to be your "learning how to fly" drone. It's much too expensive to beat to death in only one or a few flights. Obtain a cheap toy quad and learn to fly with that. You WILL destroy the toy, there's no need to destroy your H.

So, when you say not to fly my H, until using a "how to fly drone". How cheap and or small would you consider disposable (a toy)? Money is always tight is why I ask.

A $60.00 or $70.00 practice ship is a heck of a lot cheaper than a $1,200.00 camera rig. Money gets a lot tighter when large amounts are lost when only a small amount was a potential option. A Dromida or similar would be a reasonable starting point and of a size that will allow some outdoor flight. You have hand, eye, control function skills to develop that will require some time and practice to acquire.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ardigitalmedia