Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

California Coast

Reaction score
Not the first video I've shot but the first worth editing. I was able to take my 4k on some work related travel this week so I was able to get out of the Nevada desert and shoot some color. I have about an hours worth to sort through so I'll be busy for a while.

Reactions: UAVAlex
As we say in NY, Friggen A ! Except we don't use Friggen ;). That video just blew me away, just absolutely beautiful, astounding, outstanding. All of you guys take award winning (or should be award winning) videos.

This one tugs at my heart. Having lived in California for 7 years (from 1999-2006), I just totally fell in love with the state. Just has to be in the top 3 states for natural beauty (#1 for me). Lived in Northern California near San Francisco (in Walnut Creek), and though I know that had to be somewhere in Southern California, I've done the 17 mile drive on Highway 1 several times, and have seen dozens of beautiful sights like in your amazing video.

One thing that caught my eye way while you were hovering and panning around, there seemed to be like a little rock doorway, and further back was a small waterfall. I almost thought you were gonna go back there near that waterfall. Speaking of water, those shots you got of the water smashing against the rocks was amazing.

I think drones appeal to people because of videos like this. Different videos affect people different ways, but videos like this and the other ones you guys take, is the main reason I bought a drone.

Reactions: StormTrooper
I think drones appeal to people because of videos like this.
We really need more people like you to realize the good that can come from these wonderful gadgets. Most of the mainstream public only hears what the media has to say about them.
I would like to see a news segment talking about videos like this one so everyone can see what it's really all about!

We really need more people like you to realize the good that can come from these wonderful gadgets. Most of the mainstream public only hears what the media has to say about them.
I would like to see a news segment talking about videos like this one so everyone can see what it's really all about!
Agreed 100%. They are amazing machines. And bring enjoyment to thousands of people. I've been watching drone footage for a couple of years now, and last summer ran into a young man who was so gracious and proud to show me his drone and his footage he's captured. Just showed me what a cool community the drone community is.

Thanks for the kind words guys. I grew up near a LOT of water and a LOT of green, but after living in Las Vegas for a dozen years now I really appreciate it when I travel.

I did fly multiple battery packs over 3 evenings down south of Carmel, near Big Sur. I think in one of the segments I did go further under the bridge to the waterfall. It was very tricky as I was looking down onto the craft from above, losing site of it against the water below was all too easy. I had a few good scares but all's well that ends well. The main reason I couldn't get close to the bridge is I was exceeding the distance limit on the Yuneec. I went back one more time to pilot from an area that would have put me close enough to to a full fly-under but it was just too dark by the time I got down there.

I spend about 20 weeks a year on work travel so I plan to take my Q with me on as many trips as feasible.

Thanks for the kind words guys. I grew up near a LOT of water and a LOT of green, but after living in Las Vegas for a dozen years now I really appreciate it when I travel.

I did fly multiple battery packs over 3 evenings down south of Carmel, near Big Sur. I think in one of the segments I did go further under the bridge to the waterfall. It was very tricky as I was looking down onto the craft from above, losing site of it against the water below was all too easy. I had a few good scares but all's well that ends well. The main reason I couldn't get close to the bridge is I was exceeding the distance limit on the Yuneec. I went back one more time to pilot from an area that would have put me close enough to to a full fly-under but it was just too dark by the time I got down there.

I spend about 20 weeks a year on work travel so I plan to take my Q with me on as many trips as feasible.
Big Sur is amazing, and I'm a HUGE fan of Carmel. I try to get back to the Bay Area every 2 years on vacation, this time (last July), we took a Tour from SF down to Carmel, Big Sur, 17 mile drive, etc. beautiful country.

Once again, great video, loved it, it brings me back home.

Awesome vid my man. Im trying to produce the same type of videos but im stuck in Minnesota so ill try my best. keep it up!

Reactions: StormTrooper

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval