Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Camera Commands

Vic

Reaction score
I stood on my property and flew the H over to a neighbor's place. I positioned the drone to take a picture of a cabin, pushed the button but nothing happened. I tried a few more times, moved my location, never losing sight of it but never got a picture. I flew the drone back home & landed it. Question: which signals are radio & which are wifi? It seems to me that if I can control the drone (and see it) I ought to be able to take a picture.

Vic

Yes, you should be able to take a picture or video. The easiest way to test it is on the ground or even in the house. Just turn on both units and after it's connected take a picture and also a video. You should hear the picture being taken on the controller and you should see the timer counting when taking video.
Is the sd card in the camera a Class 10, U3 rating?

I guess I forgot to mention---the camera works just fine! I was talking about the distance. Please read my post again and talk to me about the signals. Thanks!

Vic

I guess I forgot to mention---the camera works just fine! I was talking about the distance. Please read my post again and talk to me about the signals. Thanks!
Vic
I did read it. My answer was Yes, you should be able to take a picture or video. The camera controls are sent thru the control signal for tilt, pan, pics and video on/off. The video signal is wifi for display on the screen and the camera settings.
I suggest trying it again. When you press the buttons, just do a quick press. If you hold it down too long it will not work.

There's my answer, as I had suspected. Thanks! I had assumed from your post that you thought my camera was not working. As for the button---when I get a picture I hear the click immediately. When there is no picture there is no click. That tells me that the click is an indication that a picture has been taken, not that I'd merely pushed the button. I will pay attention to the length of time I hold the button in the future, but doubt I can hold it too long on my machine. Thanks again for your help.

Vic

Reactions: Steve Carr
The camera controls are sent thru the control signal for tilt, pan, pics and video on/off. The video signal is wifi for display on the screen and the camera settings.

I don't believe that this is correct.

I have taken pictures and video from the camera without it getting a control signal from the TH. The camera was only connected to power and the only connection to the ST16 was the WIFI connection. The photo and video button activation go over the 5Ghz Wifi signal, not the 2.4Ghz RC signal. I have also decoded all the RC channels being sent from the ST16 and didn't see anything that correlated to the picture or video buttons.

Typhoon H / ST-16 controller : Can it be re-purposed?

Dylan

I have taken pictures and video from the camera without it getting a control signal from the TH. The camera was only connected to power and the only connection to the ST16 was the WIFI connection. The photo and video button activation go over the 5Ghz Wifi signal, not the 2.4Ghz RC signal. I have also decoded all the RC channels being sent from the ST16 and didn't see anything that correlated to the picture or video buttons.

Dylan
Actually your explanation is more plausible to me because I flew the H over to the neighbor's place, always keeping it in view. Given that everything in that band of frequencies was working, it is unlikely that the camera button would malfunction just once. I don't know what range wifi has on the controller or the H but I'm going to fly it back over there, take it up in altitude to eliminate any possible ground effects and see if it will work.

Vic

We don’t hold down the shutter button on a camera, we press and release. Works the same way with an H camera. If you hold down the button it won’t take a photo. If you have comms with the H you can activate the camera controls. If you don’t have comms you don’t have control regardless of what frequency does what.

Dylan
It's possible. I have not tried to take a pic w/o both signals connected. My assumption is based on the fact the buttons, switches, sticks and pots are sent over the 2.4 system including the pan and tilt. But it would seem to make sense the camera switches using the 5.8 signal.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aakritiintelligence