Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Camera Connection Cycle

Reaction score
Just want to make sure everything is right with the H. When I start up I use the following routine.
1.Turn the ST16 on first and make sure it is fully booted
2. Turn the H on and wait for it to boot up and then for the camera to connect

At that point I will get all of the H telemetry but also a message - camera failed to initialize - for a few moments with no video, then I get video from the camera but that message remains there for about 5 to 10 seconds until I get the Welcome Pilot message.

Is that sequence normal?

Pretty standard. You get video during the connectivity and self checks cycle but there is more to the process than just seeing the video so a few seconds more are required for process completion and the Welcome Pilot message.

Reactions: Bert2006
Yes. Normal. You can press model select, then back back to main screen and this will speed up camera connection.

Reactions: Bert2006
Just an FYI, don't try to make changes with camera settings until you get the Welcome Pilot message.

Just want to make sure everything is right with the H. When I start up I use the following routine.
1.Turn the ST16 on first and make sure it is fully booted
2. Turn the H on and wait for it to boot up and then for the camera to connect

At that point I will get all of the H telemetry but also a message - camera failed to initialize - for a few moments with no video, then I get video from the camera but that message remains there for about 5 to 10 seconds until I get the Welcome Pilot message.

Is that sequence normal?
I know that others in this thread have suggested that it is normal but, for me, this is not what I typically see...

Yes, points 1 and 2 are OK, but I don't see any messages to say 'camera failed to initialize'. Once the camera has connected I get the 'welcome pilot' message so, at least as far as I'm concerned, the messages you are getting after the camera has connected is not normal.

Keep in mind, though, that I'm on the EU firmware so whether that is significant I don't know. What I do get sometimes, but not on recent flights, is that my video can drop out when raising the landing gear...a problem that has previously been identified as a possible issue for pilots using the EU firmware.

I know that others in this thread have suggested that it is normal but, for me, this is not what I typically see...

Yes, points 1 and 2 are OK, but I don't see any messages to say 'camera failed to initialize'. Once the camera has connected I get the 'welcome pilot' message so, at least as far as I'm concerned, the messages you are getting after the camera has connected is not normal.

Keep in mind, though, that I'm on the EU firmware so whether that is significant I don't know. What I do get sometimes, but not on recent flights, is that my video can drop out when raising the landing gear...a problem that has previously been identified as a possible issue for pilots using the EU firmware.

Never seen that message either.
Nor had I any video failure with gear up.

I fly newest European firmware by OTA, got my first flights on my H (Pro RS) at start of february 2017.

Small edit

I don't receive the "failed to initialize" message all the time, although it does occur periodically. It may simply be an initial "hand shake" thing where the first attempt to link fails for some reason and requires a second attempt to finalize. When the failure message occurs the process always completes just a couple seconds later to provide the "Welcome Pilot" screen.

Ultimately I don't consider this a problem or a fault, just a very minor delay in camera connectivity. Additionally, the camera video view is most always present when the failure message briefly occurs.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
misterfantastic