Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Camera connection to controller

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I've been having a problem with connecting my cgo4 to the controller. It takes like two to three times to connect. I mean, I have have control to turn off the camera, but no video on screen. And even when I fly at times the video goes out and I have to bring it down and reset it. And sometimes I get a gimbal glitch. Where it jerks continually until I reset the drone. I've calibrated the drone and the only thing that seems to work is turning it off and then turning it on again
Anyone has any ideas if how to fix this?

I think I just need a new cgo4 unit.
But I want to see if I could fix it before I do that.

Thanks

Use a computer, tablet, or phone with 802.11a/ac (5.8 GHz WiFi) capability and connect to the camera. The SSID should be CGO4_xxxxxx where the x’s are the last 6 digits of the MAC address with a password of 1234567890. In fact there should be a CGO4 app for both iOS and Android that you can get video feed after connecting via WiFi as well as take photos and video. It may help isolate if the issue is in the phone or the ST16.

Do you still have a Typhoon H and CGO3+ that you can bind to the ST16 to check if the WiFi module is working? You can also go into Pad mode on the ST16 and use the WiFi to connect to a 802.11ac Access Point to check the functionality of the ST16’s WiFi module.

Last edited:
Thanks doom I'll try this. But If it is the wifi module. Is that a swap and play. Or will I need to program the new wifi module?

You might try contact cleaner on the CGO4 plug and socket then reseat the plug into the H920PLUS. This is a known weak link. At least try the simple things first.

I am woundering if this aircraft has so many engineering flaws that is why I think Yuneec has the aircraft on there site as a Legacy product. Discontinued at leist the support. When you go to the Yuneec site and click commercial Tornado H920. Than you get directed to a differnt company. AFFER- YUNEEC SKINS or VERTIGO DRONES????? This is a shame for such an incredible aircraft.

I am woundering if this aircraft has so many engineering flaws that is why I think Yuneec has the aircraft on there site as a Legacy product. Discontinued at leist the support. When you go to the Yuneec site and click commercial Tornado H920. Than you get directed to a differnt company. AFFER- YUNEEC SKINS or VERTIGO DRONES????? This is a shame for such an incredible aircraft.
The original H920 was a more professional photography and videography prosumer product when it was released than many other drones at the time. The big draw back was that there was no mapping function for those that wanted to use it for that purpose.

To fill that need and keep the price down they developed the H920+ to do waypoint missions.

The only thing I know of is the adapter to allow use of the CGO3+ and CGO-ET cameras. The CGO4 also has interchangeable lenses so you can use many different micro 4/3rds lenses.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop