Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Camera control in CCC mode

RBC

Reaction score
I have noticed I have no control over my camera gimbal when flying in CCC mode. I have tested this with tilt control and pan control switches in all positions. It seems to me that when setting up waypoints in CCC mode, one needs to set the camera attitude (tilt and pan) at each waypoint and along the route between waypoints. Once you save the CCC trip, when you select that saved file, it will run the course from waypoint to waypoint with whatever altitude was set for each of those waypoints and will likewise control the camera based on what was set up in the saved file. Can anyone who has tested this comment confirm this is an accurate statement?

Reactions: Ralphy
I made my first test of CCC today... Very disappointed because no control of the camera. That makes CCC useless for me... Maybe an update in the future, or something I did not undestand (I hope)

Reactions: Ralphy
I haven't tried it yet but Im sure you are susposed to be able to set ccc and then use the camera. I might be wrong I have been before.

Reactions: Subtle Shots
As in the manual, you use the right stick to control camera and left stick to control the drone along the CCC. That's disconcerting you're both having trouble.

Isn't it pan mode to G for Global which is all the way down to the bottom? Once you crack it its superb. I was testing CCC last week and was lucky enough to have a cyclist ride just to the side of the route allowing me to control the camera while he rode alongside. Brilliant luck really and I think he enjoyed trying to outpace the Typhoon H on his mountain bike.

Isn't it pan mode to G for Global which is all the way down to the bottom? Once you crack it its superb. I was testing CCC last week and was lucky enough to have a cyclist ride just to the side of the route allowing me to control the camera while he rode alongside. Brilliant luck really and I think he enjoyed trying to outpace the Typhoon H on his mountain bike.
Your're exactly right. We need to use G on the Tilt Control. Then the right stick controls the tilt and pan of the camera. I just got back from a CCC flight test. Only problem was the H did not stay at the programmed altitude. The landing gear was in the up position and it came within 3 ft of the ground when it should have been at 10 ft. Had to exit CCC Mode quickly and take control of the H. It was very dicey.

Your're exactly right. We need to use G on the Tilt Control. Then the right stick controls the tilt and pan of the camera. I just got back from a CCC flight test. Only problem was the H did not stay at the programmed altitude. The landing gear was in the up position and it came within 3 ft of the ground when it should have been at 10 ft. Had to exit CCC Mode quickly and take control of the H. It was very dicey.

That does sound a bit scary. I have had a couple of surprises with Jour, it comes back to you at heck of a pace and I think it gets a bit lower each time so if you repeat the process it slowly gets lower and lower to the ground on its return trip. I look great in the video until the fear sets in and you can see me reaching for the exit button.

I think I cracked it. On my model the camera stops recording if I lose the WiFi link. Taken in AUTO at 1920 x 1080.
If the camera stops recording when the wifi drops out, something is wrong. It should continue to record. Make a call to Yuneec.

Yep I agree. Even if you lose wifi the camera should continue to record.

That does sound a bit scary. I have had a couple of surprises with Jour, it comes back to you at heck of a pace and I think it gets a bit lower each time so if you repeat the process it slowly gets lower and lower to the ground on its return trip. I look great in the video until the fear sets in and you can see me reaching for the exit button.
I will wait the first firmware update. If it continues I will take it back to them then. Thanks for the info very handy.

Took my H out for first time last night. The wifi dropped out and my camera stopped recording too :(

Yep it has happened to me a couple of times now over several flights.

Do you know which way the antennas are supposed to point for best wifi reception? It dropped out relatively close to me so i fiddled with the antenna direction and then didnt have a problem after that

I don't think the antenna direction makes much difference. The first time the H was 300 ft up and about 40 ft away, the second time I had just taken off and it was about 10 ft away and 4 ft high. I usually have the antennas in roughly the same position and make sure that the 2.4 is not pointing directly at the H.

I have a couple of recommendations for you guys. First make sure the wifi antenna is straight up and down from the ground. Mess with it a bit. Second just because it dropped out check your sd card. Were you recording? The St 16 will tell you if you were or not. Fly safe.

I have a couple of recommendations for you guys. First make sure the wifi antenna is straight up and down from the ground. Mess with it a bit. Second just because it dropped out check your sd card. Were you recording? The St 16 will tell you if you were or not. Fly safe.

Thanks for the tip. Yes i was recording, as when I got back and looked at the footage the exact point of where i lost the wifi signal was where the video file finished.

Right who has the picture of the ring donut to explain radio signals.

I have a feeling my Typhoon H stops recording when wifi/camera connection is lost. I will try and recreate the problem to confirm.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval