Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Camera control start-up time

Reaction score
Hi all.
From when I turn on our "H", it takes more than a minute, before the video appears on ST16.
It also happens to you ?

Thank you for every contribution.

I was going to post a new thread, but I'll answer here. There seem to be common problems getting the video connection to start, and various work arounds.

Today I had an experiment. The camera link is a 5Ghz wifi connection, so I used a tablet to connect to the camera (Yuneec provide a CGO3 App so you can control the camera from your phone or tablet). The connection is just a normal wifi connection, so you set that up first and then go into the app.

Now the interesting thing was that the tablet (a very reliable Samsung), 'saw' the camera network then lost it. Then it connected again. Then disconnected. Finally it managed a stable connection and everything worked reliably. This is whilst standing three feet away from the 'H.

My suspicion therefore is that the problems are with the camera module, not the ST-16 or the antennas we're using. It appears to have problems setting up a stable ad-hoc network. Though I didn't look too closely, I suspect the camera reset itself at least once while the tablet was trying to connect.

So far in flight, I've had very few problems and have got some awesome video. However, I'm hoping Yuneec can clear up why that start-up time can occasionally be minutes long, and perhaps provide a firmware fix if it's not a hardware fault.

Reactions: Marco Falchi
I was going to post a new thread, but I'll answer here. There seem to be common problems getting the video connection to start, and various work arounds.

Today I had an experiment. The camera link is a 5Ghz wifi connection, so I used a tablet to connect to the camera (Yuneec provide a CGO3 App so you can control the camera from your phone or tablet). The connection is just a normal wifi connection, so you set that up first and then go into the app.

Now the interesting thing was that the tablet (a very reliable Samsung), 'saw' the camera network then lost it. Then it connected again. Then disconnected. Finally it managed a stable connection and everything worked reliably. This is whilst standing three feet away from the 'H.

My suspicion therefore is that the problems are with the camera module, not the ST-16 or the antennas we're using. It appears to have problems setting up a stable ad-hoc network. Though I didn't look too closely, I suspect the camera reset itself at least once while the tablet was trying to connect.

So far in flight, I've had very few problems and have got some awesome video. However, I'm hoping Yuneec can clear up why that start-up time can occasionally be minutes long, and perhaps provide a firmware fix if it's not a hardware fault.

I had been having the same problem, but I seem to have found a fix.
Watching the status of the camera wifi via the android wifi settings it was coming and going as if the wifi was; off (not available), then on (connecting ) then failed connection, and repeating this process indefinitely. After many different attempts to reconnect I seem to have found a sequence that works every time.
1. Boot the controller and H as normal.
- assuming after a minute or two there is no connection to the camera.
2. Tap System Settings and ok
3. Even that the camera may be listed in the "Camera" Column ignore this and go to the next step. (Don't tap anything in this screen)
4.Tap "Camera Select" on the left.
5 Tap on the C-GO3-Pro even if it already highlighted and tap "Select", "Setup Complete" should appear...Click Ok
6 Tap the hard android back button.
Hopefully now you have the camera connected.

Last edited:
Reactions: Marco Falchi

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval