Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Camera cover reminder

Reaction score
After having forgotten to remove the camera cover a couple of times when I powered on the TH, I made a simple reminder (like a string around your finger or a "Remove Before Flight" flag. I simply tied a piece of string to the camera cover and tied the other end to a strip of velcro. After I install the camera cover after flight, I wrap the velcro strip around one of the motor arms. That way next time, I can't raise the motor arm without remembering to remove the camera cover. This is important because the gimbal motor will get real hot if the cover is not removed and the copter is powered up.

Attachments

• camera cover reminder.jpg
    camera cover reminder.jpg
    266 KB · Views: 66
Nice idea. I ended up painting mine to contrast everything else. I ruined a great flight with local wildlife leaving the gimbal lock on once.

Yuneec should have made the camera cover fluorescent/day glow orange or red, not black like the camera. This way it would be hard to miss. I guess my next trip to Home Depot I should pick up a can. On the Q500 the camera is white with a white cover. Then they make the cover black on a black camera...:rolleyes:

I was thinking...
Could I buy red spray paint and spray the gimbal protection cover ? without the H of course...Judt spray paint it (the camera will hold fine for one or two days) and reattach it to the H ? would there be any issues?

For me its a part of my "Checklist". I learned along time ago to use a checklist and not EVER skip it. If I'm rushed or someone/something interrupts my set-up/start-up procedure, I will start over from the top of my list.

I like the "remove before flight" type dangly things as they'll catch your eye. I bought a few, but have found follow my checklist I've not left a cover on.....yet ;)

Good item to add to your preflight check list. I have a bright red ribbon on mine.

I was thinking...
Could I buy red spray paint and spray the gimbal protection cover ? without the H of course...Judt spray paint it (the camera will hold fine for one or two days) and reattach it to the H ? would there be any issues?
Sure. Just make sure you by spray paint for plastic and only spray the outside of the cover so it won't effect the fit or get paint on the camera gimbal when you remove or install it.

I was thinking...

You can. I did mine that way after the first time I forgot to remove it. Put a piece of tape over the part where it slides over the top of the gimbal to prevent later paint transfer to the gimbal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With my Q500 and H, I don't have a problem forgetting to remove the cover...My problem is forgetting to turn the video camera on. I would be 3/4 into a flight only to realize I never turned the camera on. I have done that on more than one occasion :rolleyes:...

Funny story:

To be honest with you guys, when I first saw this post I thought to myself "how can some one forget to remove the camera cover?..."

A few days later I was preparing for a flight, running compass and accelerometer calibrations, and later I was wondering why the camera wasn't connecting to the ST16, and I noticed a weird buzz coming from the gimbal.

Upon closer inspection I forgot to remove the cover o_O heheh, immediatly this post came to mind :rolleyes:

There's a saying here in MX that goes "Más rápido cae un hablador que un cojo" which roughly transates to "A big mouth falls quicker than a lame"

lame
lām/

adjective
  1. 1.
    (of a person or animal) unable to walk normally because of an injury or illness affecting the leg or foot.

Definitely a reminder is a good idea.:D

Greetings!

Reactions: Yuneec Pilot

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval