Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Camera Frame Flash (possible glitch?)

Reaction score
I was flying yesterday just after sunset and noticed some camera flashes.
I'm thinking it might be the LED flashing close to the lens of the camera and therefore be solvable with the latest firmware update allowing to disable LED.
But I'm intrigued about the black flash frame that also occurs. This def could not be a "dark" light blinking.
Have any of you seen this before? any ideas what it might be? (if it might be a defective camera?)

I was flying yesterday just after sunset and noticed some camera flashes.
I'm thinking it might be the LED flashing close to the lens of the camera and therefore be solvable with the latest firmware update allowing to disable LED.
But I'm intrigued about the black flash frame that also occurs. This def could not be a "dark" light blinking.
Have any of you seen this before? any ideas what it might be? (if it might be a defective camera?)
That is the front lights reflecting off the props, Prop Flashing!

Very strange, I don't think it's been reported here before...It looks like the first flash is an under exposure and the second an over exposure...I'd say it might be possible to do if you very quickly tapped the auto ev button on and off again, other wise if not and it continues it time to give your dealer a call.

@mwelr I was nowhere near the camera settings while shooting, it was full auto with some exposure compensation.
I also thought it might be the auto exposure quickly going up or down.. but for a single frame? I've seen some weird behavior from other cameras at low light, but seems to fast to be it.

@DroneClone have you seen this before?

@BillyTexas that's my next move. I was flying a CCC route and seems like the flashes come in at similar points of the path (I went back and forward about 4 times), so that's why I'm inclined to believe it was at the spot where the camera was facing some LED directly. I will specially keep an eye for this black frame, if it happens in good light condition I'm definitely sending it back.

If anyone else would like to test if LEDs interfere with camera in low light it would ease my concerns. just do relatively slow 360 pan and check if there are any flashes

@mwelr I was nowhere near the camera settings while shooting, it was full auto with some exposure compensation.
I also thought it might be the auto exposure quickly going up or down.. but for a single frame? I've seen some weird behavior from other cameras at low light, but seems to fast to be it.

@BillyTexas that's my next move. I was flying a CCC route and seems like the flashes come in at similar points of the path (I went back and forward about 4 times), so that's why I'm inclined to believe it was at the spot where the camera was facing some LED directly. I will specially keep an eye for this black frame, if it happens in good light condition I'm definitely sending it back.

If anyone else would like to test if LEDs interfere with camera in low light it would ease my concerns. just do relatively slow 360 pan and check if there are any flashes
When flying full throttle and panning hard, you will very often see prop wash in your videos , It is quite common, so at sunset/sunrise or in the dark, you will most definitively see the refection of your drones lights on the props.
To prove my theory, I would do as BT states and try it in same settings with the lights off as we can now do with new firmware update and confirm this. ;)

If you were in full auto I'd guess its the auto trying to adjust and in the low light working hard, maybe a led flash confused it? also it's in at least 2 frames not one...one under and one over ev each just after the other...Screen Shot 2016-09-03 at 01.32.35.pngScreen Shot 2016-09-03 at 01.33.27.pngScreen Shot 2016-09-03 at 01.33.42.png

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval