Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Camera/gimbal problem cgo3+

Reaction score
Have a cgo3+ camera / gimbal problem it is vibrating and roaring and don't know where to start to fix.! I did a calibration on it but seem to made it worse. I got a power line with it end of the summer last year and had to replace a landing gear and 2 arms and top cover and it did break the camera off!! But it broke at the slider plate so I replaced it on both the h and gimbal put it through all calibrations and check on motors let it run through all the tests everything showed great fired it up no problem flew it 3 or 4 times before putting it up for the winter though I did get it out through the winter but started it up and it did this same thing but quit it. But after that flight I tried to use it and it does not quit it.

A couple of things might be the problem:
1.) Mechanical resistance. Tight/tangled wires at the rear joint between the camera arms and vertical arms can create the issue, but this normally happens when the camera has been disassembled and put back together. If the camera hangs reasonably level when not powered on, this is probably not the issue.

2.) Bent frame. It does not take much of a bend in the rear arm to create problems. Since the camera was involved in a crash, this seems possible. Look carefully at the rear arm, and see if it looks squared left/right and front/rear with the top motor.

3.) Calibration issues. Sometimes they just drift out of calibration. Not much to do about that other than send for a full re-calibration. The built in calibration will not help in this case.

That's the thing with a crash....you can replace what is visibly damaged, but there's almost always hidden damage. Unless you get extremely lucky, you almost always have to send it in for repair.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drakemerch33