Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Camera mount issues - brand new Typhoon Q500 4K

Have you had camera mount issues?

• Yes, a one off.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, more than once.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Never.

Votes: 4 100.0%

• Total voters
Reaction score
Hi, I bought my Q500 4K ten days ago for recreational purposes and after a couple of short flights with no issues, the camera has become unmounted from one of the corner rubbers. Take off in rabbit and then switching to tortoise in smart mode, flying at 70 feet high with no wind in open country side.
I am about to contact the seller and manufacturer branch in the UK and would like to know if other people have had similar issues. The drone is still under the seller's 30 days return policy. It looks that the rubber could be put back in place, but this issue is making me have doubts about the long term durability of the drone. Also, would the camera need to be re-calibrated in the factory?

camera-mount-small.jpg

Yes on my H, this can be an easy and frustrating fix just takes time, there is a video on this but sorry I'm not sure where.
Mine comes off at least once a month. I think I'll RTV it next time. BAD BAD Rubber Grommet.
It's really a horrible mounting design. :mad:

Found the video showing how to pull back the rubber end; not hard to do. Camera seems to be working fine. Will try loose wire first rather than gluing. Thanks.

Hi, I bought my Q500 4K ten days ago for recreational purposes and after a couple of short flights with no issues, the camera has become unmounted from one of the corner rubbers. Take off in rabbit and then switching to tortoise in smart mode, flying at 70 feet high with no wind in open country side.
I am about to contact the seller and manufacturer branch in the UK and would like to know if other people have had similar issues. The drone is still under the seller's 30 days return policy. It looks that the rubber could be put back in place, but this issue is making me have doubts about the long term durability of the drone. Also, would the camera need to be re-calibrated in the factory?

View attachment 7049

I use small cable ties in the two front holes to tie top and bottom together, in case of emergency. The cover slides on just fine then.

Non related qusetion. Do you ever have camera loss or a message in red pop up on you s10 controller saying that

Non related qusetion. Do you ever have camera loss or a message in red pop up on you s10 controller saying that

I have a ST10+. Once in a while I receive a red pop up notice indicating the video signal was lost. Video recording on SD card is fine.

Maybe a little off topic, but in the case of a crash and the one of the wire got pulled, do you need to completely remove the other wires to use the patch cable fro the camera to the drone? Question here is can you use the patch cable with the existing quick mount still connected?
Thanks

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval