Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Camera Movement Vs P4 - For Those Who've Used Both

Reaction score
This question is for those who have used both the Typhoon H and the P4. I was out testing a P4 for the first time today and I had difficulty make nice smooth pan shots. Whether the camera movement was horizontal or vertical I just couldn't get it to smooth out. It would normally go at a speed I don't like then I would have to adjust the pressure of my finger.

This could just be operator incompetence since I am not used to flying drones and my controlling ability is amateurish. However, with the Typhoon H, my pans were a lot smoother. The pan knob obviously allows for consistent speed on horizontal motion but even the rear vertical camera control knob was smooth.

Is there a way to adjust the P4's camera movements to be slower or less sensitive so my picture isn't so jumpy with changing panning speeds? I've read a lot of pros and cons about the P4 vs TH but never heard anyone say that the TH pans smoother or nicer.

I didn't think I'd like the P4 (since I've been disliking DJI's marketing campaign) but I am digging it. It's smaller so it's more portable for me on hikes. Also, it actually allows me to fly at and near my house. For those who read my other thread, the TH won't even let me take off at my house. The P4 just tells me I'm in a warning zone and asks if I take responsibility to fly.

However, if my video is going to be jumpy like this or if it requires a long learning curve to get smooth panning shots, I may just wait for the TH to get an updated firmware. Thanks for everyone's help.

Sounds like your question is posed more for phantom pilots they could really tell you how to smoothly fly the phantom. I have seen smooth pans with the H gimbal no issues. Some had issues with jittery gimbals but sent them in to get fixed but that is not inherent to the H in general. I don't have issues with my panning. I believe Eric used it in his video without issue. Go with what you are comfortable with.

I thought about going there, but I started off here so thought I could get some insight. I guess i'll try and pose this over there.

I thought about going there, but I started off here so thought I could get some insight. I guess i'll try and pose this over there.

Don't want to put you off and I'm sure some can help here but they have some really good phantom pilots on the other forum that have flown each version of the phantom so they know the in's and out's of the craft. Have fun enjoy what you pick.

Last edited:
This question is for those who have used both the Typhoon H and the P4. I was out testing a P4 for the first time today and I had difficulty make nice smooth pan shots. Whether the camera movement was horizontal or vertical I just couldn't get it to smooth out. It would normally go at a speed I don't like then I would have to adjust the pressure of my finger.

This could just be operator incompetence since I am not used to flying drones and my controlling ability is amateurish. However, with the Typhoon H, my pans were a lot smoother. The pan knob obviously allows for consistent speed on horizontal motion but even the rear vertical camera control knob was smooth.

Is there a way to adjust the P4's camera movements to be slower or less sensitive so my picture isn't so jumpy with changing panning speeds? I've read a lot of pros and cons about the P4 vs TH but never heard anyone say that the TH pans smoother or nicer.

I didn't think I'd like the P4 (since I've been disliking DJI's marketing campaign) but I am digging it. It's smaller so it's more portable for me on hikes. Also, it actually allows me to fly at and near my house. For those who read my other thread, the TH won't even let me take off at my house. The P4 just tells me I'm in a warning zone and asks if I take responsibility to fly.

However, if my video is going to be jumpy like this or if it requires a long learning curve to get smooth panning shots, I may just wait for the TH to get an updated firmware. Thanks for everyone's help.
The P4 can pan like the Typhoon H but it takes practice. You'll learn to do it much quicker with the Typhoon.

If you are an experienced drone pilot you can pan smoothly with any drone. It's all in knowing what to do.

The P4 has the old settings of Course Lock and Home Lock for panning during movement. Once again it takes a bit of practice to make cinematic shots.

In this video he explains how to set the camera gimble up for much smoother movements. It makes a *huge* difference. (played around with it on my P4)

He also has another video on using course lock mode, which pretty much nullified the 360° panning camera. (for me) Although it's much easier on the YTH. I could still understand wanting a panning camera.

This question is for those who have used both the Typhoon H and the P4. I was out testing a P4 for the first time today and I had difficulty make nice smooth pan shots.
Patience and practice will reward you with that in which you seek.

The new firmware update has built in 8 ball answers to most H questions in app! Who cares about RTH height when you can format the card and get 8 Ball answers right? :)

Reactions: Forrestt

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval