Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

camera problem

Reaction score
I bought a typhoon h a few months ago and when I finally opened it yesterday, I can't get the camera controls to work, It starts up and shakes a bit then it just faces down and I have no control over it. I haven't even flown the darn thing yet. Also when I try to upgrade the firmware, which I believe is the newest, I just get a network error. It's running sys ver: st16 v03.01.b30 gimbal ver:v127 camera ver:v3.2.34a cg03-pro

Leave the firmware alone. What it has works just fine.

Have you tried executing the gimbal calibration process yet?

I connect to the WiFi, but when i try to update it says network error and drops the connection. Best buy told me I have to go through yuneek, it has a 1 year warranty. It's frustrating, I've read how hard they are too deal with, and I've never flown it yet, so what could be wrong? Best buy's drone guys wouldn't even look at it.

Leave the firmware alone. What it has works just fine.

Have you tried executing the gimbal calibration process yet?
When i try to calibrate the gimbal by selecting calibration on the side of home screen it just sits there and beeps. I just noticed on start up it says failed to initialize camera but i have video feed and can take pics

If it were mine I'd hit the reset button on the CGO3+ (next to the SD card slot) If that doesn't work it's time to send the camera in. My first TH and CGO3+ had the same symptoms. Yuneec replaced/fixed it for free with a 10 day turn around.

Dumb question... Are you sure the CGO3+ is bound to the controller?

If it were mine I'd hit the reset button on the CGO3+ (next to the SD card slot) If that doesn't work it's time to send the camera in. My first TH and CGO3+ had the same symptoms. Yuneec replaced/fixed it for free with a 10 day turn around.

Dumb question... Are you sure the CGO3+ is bound to the controller?
It shows that it is and i have record/photo, but it flashes failure to initialize camera after it starts up

Remove the camera from the aircraft and clean the contacts on the gimbal and the aircraft with a pencil eraser. Reinstall the camera and see what happens.

Remove the camera from the aircraft and clean the contacts on the gimbal and the aircraft with a pencil eraser. Reinstall the camera and see what happens.
And while you have the camera off, inspect the 3 pins on the camera mount on the bottom of the H. They are spring type contacts and sometimes one or two will get depressed in shipping. A gentle tug with a probe will usually pop them back into place.

Next go to Hardware Monitor and check the K2 camera tilt slider on the left side of the controller. Does it go max in both directions on the graphic?

It is normal when the H is booting up to see a warning regarding the camera. After the video feed is established the warning goes away. Make sure you have a sd card in the camera. It must be rated at U3 to work properly.

Please let us know what you find with the 6 pins on the camera mount and what you see in Hardware Monitor.

Last edited:
I don't see a reset anywhere, just a usb Port

It's next to the SD card port. Two small black recessed buttons.
3339-60e5f7317567fecd15f230f8b7b4afa8.jpg

Well I set up a phone appt with yuneek and talked to a rep who said they need to calibrate my camera at the shop so I'll be getting an email with a link to request a repair in about ½hr and then I'll get emailed some labels tomorrow for UPS shipping. It wasn't near as bad as i thought it would be trying to get through, just requested a phone appointment and picked the time and they were prompt. Thank you guys for all the suggestions/help with the camera/ gimbal problem

Well, Kavservice has had my drone for 11 days now and still hasn't looked at it. I called a few mins ago and customer service lady said she bumped me up in que, so hopefully they will get to it in a day or two and I'll be able to post exactly what was wrong with the camera. I don't like the fact I paid nearly 1000$ for a drone and it didn't have any seals on the package to insure it hadn't been opened and returned or tampered with.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval