Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Camera Type is not a Match

Good one, diagnosing.....!
When you turn it on do you hold down h power button till start up sound stops .look to make sure on start up white light comes on if not bound to st16 camera will flash I think red till binded

The camera should be connecting using 5.8Ghz wifi and the icon in the upper corner of your ST16 seems to indicate that it is connected to a 2.4GHz wifi source. Did you connect your home wifi for some reason? If you did I would try disconnecting from that.

I'm not sure, but I think the 'Pad' and 'Model Select' buttons are active even with that warning message on the screen. Can you touch those buttons with out clicking 'Ok' on the screen?

If you do click on and it takes you to the camera select screen, if you click on the 'Bind' button in the upper left hand corner, what does it show in the 'camera' column?

You need to do a factory reset of the ST16.
Go to Pad, Settings, Backup & reset.
Select Reset.
Select Factory Data Reset; Reset Tablet; Erase Everything.
At that point the ST16 will reboot. When it powers back up go to System settings. You will need to create a new H model, name and save it. Then bind to the new model. At that point turn on the H, tip it forward a few times until you see the flashing orange light. Then you should see the H and the camera listed in the bind columns.

I can’t get into pad. I can’t get into model select. The camera connection status error message blocks me from getting to any of that. I can’t back out of it. The only thing I can do is hit ok which brings me to the system settings. As soon as I enter the home screen it pops up.

The camera should be connecting using 5.8Ghz wifi and the icon in the upper corner of your ST16 seems to indicate that it is connected to a 2.4GHz wifi source. Did you connect your home wifi for some reason? If you did I would try disconnecting from that.

I'm not sure, but I think the 'Pad' and 'Model Select' buttons are active even with that warning message on the screen. Can you touch those buttons with out clicking 'Ok' on the screen?

If you do click on and it takes you to the camera select screen, if you click on the 'Bind' button in the upper left hand corner, what does it show in the 'camera' column?
I can’t press pad or model select...I’ve tried about a million times.

It doesn’t show any options for camera in the bind tab. It’s weird. It’s like the controller won’t connect to the camera....but at the same time I can pan and tilt it.

It doesn’t show any options for camera in the bind tab. It’s weird. It’s like the controller won’t connect to the camera....but at the same time I can pan and tilt it.
The camera lights come on, the gimbal stabilizes, it reacts to pan and tilt but I can’t see the feed or record anything.

Attachments

• E4CB5709-A522-48A3-91B1-33510C45B8DC.jpeg
    E4CB5709-A522-48A3-91B1-33510C45B8DC.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 12
You need to do a factory reset of the ST16.
Go to Pad, Settings, Backup & reset.
Select Reset.
Select Factory Data Reset; Reset Tablet; Erase Everything.
At that point the ST16 will reboot. When it powers back up go to System settings. You will need to create a new H model, name and save it. Then bind to the new model. At that point turn on the H, tip it forward a few times until you see the flashing orange light. Then you should see the H and the camera listed in the bind columns.
Is there any other way to do a factory reset?

That is weird. I would think that if they were no camera bound on the bind tab then it wouldn't give you a wrong camera warning. Have you tried turning on on the radio and letting it boot up without Typhoon H powered up? With out the TH powered on, then it shouldn't know that the wrong camera is selected. If it still thinks the wrong camera is selected even with the TH powered off I would take that as an indication that it is connecting to something else over wifi. I would then try to take the radio to a park or field somewhere away from wifi signals and see if the error is still present. If it is, then you may need to contact Yuneec about the issue.

EDIT: I tested this on my controller by selecting the wrong camera and getting the "wrong camera selected". I verified I don't get that error if keep the TH powered off (I just get the connecting to camera msg). Also going to the bind tab and selecting Reset and the Refresh causes the "Not connected" msg in the camera column and then I don't get the error for wrong camera type on the main screen.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dr Delta
Here's one that I don't see mentioned: Is the microSD card installed correctly in the CGO3+? It can be a little fiddly.

Alright Kristin, we are waiting for your respond after Steve Carr's suggestion. Did it work?
I believe he found that the ST16 has a software problem. He can't get into Pad mode to do a reset so the ST16 will need reprogrammed.

Hello guys! just created a post with exact same problem here... so maybe i'll join this one.

Do someone have a solution do get out of that menu error? exact same problem... i can fly typhoon, camera is stabilized, but no video feed on st16 its seems wifi 5.8 is OFF, i'm stucked in the exact same menu error "camera type is no match" > only option hit "ok" > select camera > cgo3pro> cannot connect > "camera type is no match" > ...........

Please help!!! thanks a lot!

Hello guys! just created a post with exact same problem here... so maybe i'll join this one.

Do someone have a solution do get out of that menu error? exact same problem... i can fly typhoon, camera is stabilized, but no video feed on st16 its seems wifi 5.8 is OFF, i'm stucked in the exact same menu error "camera type is no match" > only option hit "ok" > select camera > cgo3pro> cannot connect > "camera type is no match" > ...........

Please help!!! thanks a lot!
Sounds like your WiFi board is shot...that’s what ended up being wrong with mine. Call Yuneec and they’ll repair it. If you bought it less than a year ago, it’ll be covered under warranty.

Sounds like your WiFi board is shot...that’s what ended up being wrong with mine. Call Yuneec and they’ll repair it. If you bought it less than a year ago, it’ll be covered under warranty.

I'm inclined to agree with this. From the other thread it sounds like the "wrong camera type" look continues even with the H powered off. That doesn't match what should happen based on my testing. The only other thing I could think to try would be to take the ST16 somewhere far away from home/any 5GHz wifi routers and see if the problem persists, but someone specifically connected it to a 5GHz router, it seems unlikely that is the problem.

IMHO, both @B4Moonrise and @Kristin13 should consider calling Yuneec CS in approximately 45 minutes after this post, or using their chat feature.

Ok... first time for me with yuneec and repair, hope its gonna be ok... i bought it on march 2018 on already down??? wth??? i'm based in belgium, i tried to contact yuneec france all the day but... no answer and phone messagery is full so you cannot leave a message... making me wonder if someone pick them???? i have to fly in 2 weeks for work...

So i just get myself a ticket into the yuneec support UK....

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DHYradio