Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Camera Type is not a Match

Just to clarify, @B4Moonrise , that (now 30 min) timeframe, is until CS in the US opens for business today. You could try contacting them, but obviously if you are calling Yuneec EU, their schedule is different.

yeah its ok, its gonna be for tomorrow... i contacted yuneec UK it seems yuneec FR is down :s
How a wifi on actual motherboard can be shot down in less than 9 months of use??? and its seems im not the only one?

[QUOTE=". camera is well mounted and receive power, led blinking white green and red from time to time.[/QUOTE]

B4Moonrise,
The quote above is from your original post. Did I understand correctly that you have TWO issues? The camera WIFI was not working, and THEN the ST-16 got stuck in the camera loop while trying to resolve the original camera issue?

If this is so, did you resolve the issue with the camera's WIFI?

yes it is correct. I believe Kristin from original post had in fact same issue (wifi not working). trying to rebind coudnt solve the problem and just made it bigger

I didnt resolve s**t for now... seems only hope is support...

In fact i'm asking (more like oh f.ck i gonna need to) myself if i should buy an other one because i have to fly in 2 weeks...

Last edited:
I have a Typhoon H. The other day I took it out to fly and the camera won’t connect with the controller. I’ve taken the gimbal off and made sure all connections were good. The camera is getting power and once I have it all turned on, I can pan and tilt...but I keep getting a Camera Connection Status message that says “Camera type is not a match! Please select right camera type!” When I hit ok it takes me into the camera select tab. When I select C-GO3-pro (or any other camera for that matter) it says connection failed. Camera not connected! If I go back to home screen, I get the Camera Connection status message again and my only option is to go into the system settings menu again. I can’t get out of the error message to go into model select or anything. Help! Everything seems to be working fine...I can control the camera and drone with the controller but am getting no video.
I am now having the same issue. any fix that you have found?

I am now having the same issue. any fix that you have found?
More recently we have discovered that when the Wifi board inside the ST16 fails the menu for selecting the camera is "stuck" on the screen and you cannot exit to any other menu. Is that the problem you are having?

More recently we have discovered that when the Wifi board inside the ST16 fails the menu for selecting the camera is "stuck" on the screen and you cannot exit to any other menu. Is that the problem you are having?
Yes this is the problem I am having.

I’m having this exact same problem. I just went out to fly, and the controller lock into the select camera screen, none of the selections binds, camera has power, but no control and no video.
No functions on the st-16 work, and it is forever locked into the camera selection screen. No other operations are possible. None of the other menus can be used. A cold 🥾boot does no good. Removing and replacing batteries doesn’t help. It’s like the controller is bricked on camera.
I have 2 gimbals— switched them out and same thing, though I was able to fly with no gimbal attached.
The controller can’t connect to the internet, so downloading new firmware is not possible.
Whatever the problem is, it has turned my Typhoon drone, controller, 2 gimbals and 3 batteries into high grade Chinese paper weights. It’s all out of warranty.
Please advise—
Thanks—
Doug

Without having the controller in-hand it becomes a guessing game for which of the possible boards might have failed. Random board swapping can become very expensive if you have to buy the boards one at a time.
The controller can be either repaired or replaced.

Used ST16 Controllers are often available on sites such as eBay.

The controller can be repaired by sending to one of the Forum Sponsors.
(Note Vertigo does not list the ST16 as a specific repair service. You will need to call them first to ensure they can do the repair.)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430