Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Camera v Video settings

Reaction score
One thing that bugs me is when I want to take still pictures to get best res/quality I need to have the video set to 4k, this is probably ok if you always record video in 4k, but I dont have the means of playing or editing a 4k video so I do everything in 1920 which is as good a quality as I want.
Just a pain when I am flying and doing both still and video, having to change the settings each time.
would make a lot of sense to have separate video and still photo settings in the menu, is there anyway around this ?

There is, if you look at the screen on the right side there is a little white slider with an orange dot in it. If you hit that, it'll switch between photo and video mode. The easiest way for me to tell I'm in photo is the image looks a bit distorted because its 4:3 stretched onto 16:9. The photo mode will let you do 3000x4000 stills, and the video move will keep your video settings however you have them. You can take photos in video mode at video resolution, but if you are in photo mode and hit the video switch, it'll go to video mode and record in the settings you have kept.

One thing that bugs me is when I want to take still pictures to get best res/quality I need to have the video set to 4k, this is probably ok if you always record video in 4k, but I dont have the means of playing or editing a 4k video so I do everything in 1920 which is as good a quality as I want.
Just a pain when I am flying and doing both still and video, having to change the settings each time.
would make a lot of sense to have separate video and still photo settings in the menu, is there anyway around this ?
I always use 4K video and then use Gomplayer to grab screenshots. Then you will get highresolution bitmap pics to edit as you like. Works great.

I always use 4K video and then use Gomplayer to grab screenshots. Then you will get highresolution bitmap pics to edit as you like. Works great. BTW I don't understand how you can use a graycard on the ground to set exposure and color as the light and color conditions changes when you fly and turn the H and/or cam.

You do realize that 4K video snaps will result in an 8 MP photo if "grabbed", right? Whereas if you take the time to actually set up and take a photo you will have a 12 MP photo. That's 50% more resolution.

Of course, it depends on your needs. If all you need is an 8 MP photo then by all means use the 4K video as your source.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taxinnovex