Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Camera wires broke off circuit board

Okay I have a problem. I have 2 wires soldered back on. But the power wire seems to have ripped off the solder connection on the board and I can't get solder to stick to it now. Anyone have any idea how to get it to solder to the board?

This was explained earlier in the thread. The pad that the wire solders to has been ripped out of the board. It's either stuck to the solder on the end of the wire or has been completely ejected, leaving only a pit that cannot accept solder.

Either use the umbilical or jump this stray wire to the pin of the molex connector that the umbilical uses.

This was explained earlier in the thread. The pad that the wire solders to has been ripped out of the board. It's either stuck to the solder on the end of the wire or has been completely ejected, leaving only a pit that cannot accept solder.

Either use the umbilical or jump this stray wire to the pin of the molex connector that the umbilical uses.

Sorry I'm having a difficult day.

Are you saying I can just use this? YUNEEC Connection Wire Between Q500-4k and Gimbal

I see the post where the wires jumped to the back side but I don't see where they are jumped to which is why I am asking for help. Maybe I am missing it.

That's the cable. It should have come with the drone. I think it's in the Accessories box (long black box with an orange pull tab).

That's the cable. It should have come with the drone. I think it's in the Accessories box (long black box with an orange pull tab).

Yeah I have that and use it already. I just now realized that the connection that ripped out is for the hand held part to connect to the camera.

Sorry for all the confusion I had too much sun/heat today and it's made thinking a bit difficult.

No prob. Sorry if I sounded snippy earlier, it wasn't intentional. Been fighting a Summer Cold for the last two days.

Wonderful! I assume that all I need do is plug the cable that came with the drone and ignore the three wires that have disconnected themselves. Thanks.

This happened to me today. I flipped on the ground and broke the three wires. Read this thread and looked at all the pictures of the soldering locations. Went to Harbor Freight to buy a pencil soldering iron. Came home and was able to solder two of the wires. Noticed that the crash had ripped off all of the solder off of the circuit board where is it says "PWM". Got frustrated at not being able to solder the wire to the circuit board. Had a hard time seeing the small print on the circuit board.
Went back to this thread and read that the wires had no real function if there were no contacts on the underside of my Typhoon Q500 4k body. Looked at my Q500 underside of the body. Saw no contacts! Had a good laugh and realized I wasted my time!!

Reactions: GISandDronesUTAH

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
premadsoftwaresolutions