Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Can I use a CGO3 camera on an early version of the Typhoon Q 500

Reaction score
I currently have a fully working Q500 4K with CGO3 4K camera and a friend just today gifted me an older (White) typhoon plus which uses a CGO2 camera. However the camera the came with it does not work and according to home could be be repaired. The gimbal it's not operating and recording is not possible as the controller cannot officially communicate with the camera. I detached the upper plate by disconnecting the bushings but could not find anything cut yourself loose wire or a disconnected cable.
However you can actually see live images on the controller screen but you just cannot record. So I'm wondering whether I could use my current working CGO3 4K Camera on that older typhoon q500. I am thinking no. But thought I would still ask here. I am in the process of bidding on a brand new CGO2 camera but we will not know until tomorrow evening if I win or not. I would just like to get this older drone complete.
Thanks.

The camera will work fine on any Q500. Internally, they have the same functionality.

[QUOTE="However you can actually see live images on the controller screen but you just cannot record.[/QUOTE]

That's a very interesting set of symptoms you described for the CGo2. Some of it could be attributed to a certain failure on the mainboard of the Q500, but not sure all of it.
First thing is to see if the CG03 will work correctly on the new Q500. Plug in the "pigtail" that came with the Q500 4k into the back of the CGo3, then it should work normally on the Q500. If it does not, please note any symptoms that are similar to the issues noted on the CGo2, and post here if you need any help.

The person that gifted it to me told me that he had a rough Landing though it didn't damage the drone at all. Apparently the camera was somehow damaged and he send it in for repair and they told him that it could not be repaired so I assume it is just something within the camera itself.
I mean it will not communicate with the controller but then, you can actually see video on the screen. you can move the camera gimbal by hand and see corresponding video on the screen but it will not record and it will officially not connect with the controller but for some reason you can actually see the Wi-Fi feed from the camera on the controller screen. Very strange isn't it? So tomorrow I'm going to hook up my CGO3 from my newer Q500 4K on the Older Q500 and see what happens. It should work as you can load in the preferences.

Sure. I will load the CGO3 Pro and try to bind it so to access the camera's advanced features.

It was OK untill I must have reformat the old Q500. Lost bind between cameras and the old Q500 and the Q004K

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichaelNiece