Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Can RTH height be adjusted to suit on the H

Reaction score
I'm watching this goose on youtube comparing the P4 and the H and he states that the H cannot be adjusted to reset the height for a RTH senario. He states in the video that the RTH height is FIXED to 10 meters / 32 feet.
I was of the understanding that it can be adjusted to suit your requirements.
Can someone confirm this please.

That isn't entirely accurate.

If the TH is below 10 meters when the RTH initiates, it will climb to 10 meters and return. If it is above 10 meters at the time RTH is initiated, it will return at that altitude.

I'm watching this goose on youtube comparing the P4 and the H and he states that the H cannot be adjusted to reset the height for a RTH senario. He states in the video that the RTH height is FIXED to 10 meters / 32 feet.
No RTH cannot be adjusted.

YES 100% the RTH can be adjusted to any height you want. The setting is changed on the windows interface programme. Yes he was an awful goose deliberately side stepping and under rating and good points.

This is also what I want, but I do't think so. I think when below 30 it will go up to 30 first, but if it is above 30 it will stay at that height. I don't like that. I want to be able to fly out and drop down some, but if I get into trouble I might be too low to avoid power lines or a certain tree..

YES 100% the RTH can be adjusted to any height you want. The setting is changed on the windows interface programme. Yes he was an awful goose deliberately side stepping and under rating and good points.
Please snap a pic of the GUI where you can adjust RTH.

If you loose connection below 10m it rises to 10m (good if you fly over a cliff), if you are above 10 meters, it stays at the level, fly's back to you, waits above you for your input, and then descends on low battery warnings.
Screen Shot 2016-07-10 at 01.15.52.png

He was asking about the Typhoon H and not the DJI Phantom. I don't recall seeing in the GUI where one could change the RTH. Are you sure you're not confusing RTH height with the actual height the craft can fly? See the GUI... these are the values you can change.

GUI.jpg

Reactions: Gurusonwheels
There is a thread on this already. The consensus on that thread is the guy did a good job of pointing out all the problems member's of this forum have been saying for the past months. If there was something you took exception to in his video, feel free to air your thoughts and explain why it is incorrect.

Obviously, one should ignore his points awarding system he used as those are his on points off the top of his head and not based on any mathematical black & white formula.

This is something that needs fixed asap. If I loose GPS or signal there is no way for me to adjust the return to home alt. It then flies up to 30 feet and runs into trees power lines and etc.

Need to be able to set this ...

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Goh
This is something that needs fixed asap. If I loose GPS or signal there is no way for me to adjust the return to home alt. It then flies up to 30 feet and runs into trees power lines and etc.

Need to be able to set this ...

What I believe Yuneec had in mind was that when you fly Line of Sight, you'll fly lower to the ground than when you fly Out of Line of Sight. Therefore if You're flying a mile away, Yuneec assumes that in order to send and receive signal you'd have to be at least 200 feet in the air, and if RTH was initiated at that time (automatically), the Typhoon will remain at 200 feet in the air all the way back to you. Their logic is sound in 90% of cases I believe.

There is a thread on this already. The consensus on that thread is the guy did a good job of pointing out all the problems member's of this forum have been saying for the past months. If there was something you took exception to in his video, feel free to air your thoughts and explain why it is incorrect.

Obviously, one should ignore his points awarding system he used as those are his on points off the top of his head and not based on any mathematical black & white formula.
I think you are right, my mistake....I did not hear him make any review of the CCC which I think is a great feature, also he was very biased in his portray of the gimbal panning mode, he showed how with effort you use the P4 to do IOC, but with the H you could use the pan to track the car. If he was being fair he would have jumped in and used the follow or watch me modes and then draw conclusions.

What I believe Yuneec had in mind was that when you fly Line of Sight, you'll fly lower to the ground than when you fly Out of Line of Sight. Therefore if You're flying a mile away, Yuneec assumes that in order to send and receive signal you'd have to be at least 200 feet in the air, and if RTH was initiated at that time (automatically), the Typhoon will remain at 200 feet in the air all the way back to you. Their logic is sound in 90% of cases I believe.
There logic is not ... In my town . if I fly 100 feet from myself I'm going around trees or power lines ..

So this logic does not work ..

I think you are right, my mistake....I did not hear him make any review of the CCC which I think is a great feature, also he was very biased in his portray of the gimbal panning mode, he showed how with effort you use the P4 to do IOC, but with the H you could use the pan to track the car. If he was being fair he would have jumped in and used the follow or watch me modes and then draw conclusions.

He mentioned the CCC and the DJI system and said in a round about way that they both were terrible because the pilot had to first fly them. Then he said on the DJI with 3rd party software you can plot the course on a map and just let the Phantom fly the course without ever have flown it previously.

He did jump in the car and use follow me. Was that not when the Typhoon kept flying in front of the car? Or are you mentioning when he was flying past a moving car and panning the camera to capture the shot as he flew past (the Typhoon used the gimbal pan and the Phantom used Course Lock). In that case it would have defeated the purpose to jump in the car because if I wanted to capture a shot of a moving object (whatever it may be), I should not have to jump in or on it to do so, right?

In the car shot, if you want to do a real fair comparison, then you should shoot identical shots. when he shoots with the H, the H is much closer to the front of the car than the P4 was BEHIND the car. Giving the H much less time to calculate its position to the car and thus making it look like it was unable to stay clear without changing its closeness to the vehicle.
In another comment he said that once you rotate the camera while flying straight, you cannot make the camera go back to its forward posiition. My understanding is there is a switch (top Left 0f controller) that does that for you.

One point he failed to mention though was one that makes the OA win hands down on the H is this...
say i am driving my car down a dusty road and i have the H flying parallel to me so its running along side of me with the camera looking at me. I can turn the H to face forward so that the OA is working where as the P4 would have to have the OA facing me as well. So if a tree or side of a hill was heading in the direction of the H it should stop. The P4 would not know its there.

He mentioned the CCC and the DJI system and said in a round about way that they both were terrible because the pilot had to first fly them. Then he said on the DJI with 3rd party software you can plot the course on a map and just let the Phantom fly the course without ever have flown it previously.

He did jump in the car and use follow me. Was that not when the Typhoon kept flying in front of the car? Or are you mentioning when he was flying past a moving car and panning the camera to capture the shot as he flew past (the Typhoon used the gimbal pan and the Phantom used Course Lock). In that case it would have defeated the purpose to jump in the car because if I wanted to capture a shot of a moving object (whatever it may be), I should not have to jump in or on it to do so, right?
I've just gone back looking for that clip, the first thing I came across was the height limit!! He just claim the P has a limit of 500m an the H 122m period. @ 29.48 mins.
The follow me mode - he talks before it saying he will fly by the car, after he fly's he talks about how the dial is easy to control, he tries to give the impression he had to fly it like the Dji. Nothing about the fact he could just have thrown the ST16 or wizard on the dash and driven hands off any controller for the same result. He is absolutely bias against the H. It's a shame because I enjoyed watching his tutorials in particular the one on IOC when I had a P2, but here he must have an alternative motive for such a slanted review.

In the car shot, if you want to do a real fair comparison, then you should shoot identical shots. when he shoots with the H, the H is much closer to the front of the car than the P4 was BEHIND the car. Giving the H much less time to calculate its position to the car and thus making it look like it was unable to stay clear without changing its closeness to the vehicle.
In another comment he said that once you rotate the camera while flying straight, you cannot make the camera go back to its forward posiition. My understanding is there is a switch (top Left 0f controller) that does that for you.

One point he failed to mention though was one that makes the OA win hands down on the H is this...
say i am driving my car down a dusty road and i have the H flying parallel to me so its running along side of me with the camera looking at me. I can turn the H to face forward so that the OA is working where as the P4 would have to have the OA facing me as well. So if a tree or side of a hill was heading in the direction of the H it should stop. The P4 would not know its there.

I think he expected the Typhoon to do the same as the Phantom and that was to film the car moving by and then following it (hence the reason it's called follow me mode).

You're right about having the camera return to a forward facing position. I posted a comment on his YouTube sight earlier today pointing this out.

Also, for the OA as you mention, is correct. The only problem would be that all OAs require a rather slow speed to work properly so you'd be filming the car at a jogging pace.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval