Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Can u use a remote antenna

Reaction score
Im basically jist a hobbiest however i liv to use my TH for longer flights, OVER MY PRIVATE LAND however even with the itelite dbs im pretty much stuck at 5000 ft out b4 video loss and telemwtry is much less. Since i could still fly line if sight is it possible to put an antenna on my roof so i can get over the trees?

Im suresome if you will laugh but i ask any question i have no ego.

Any thoughts?

I suppose you could...But, long cable runs will have a very negative effect on the performance as you will lose more signal then you gain with the height..This is more true for TX then RX. This issue it moot if you use some sort of external RF booster on TX.

I was thinking doing the same think using a more advanced bidirectional antennas but using a tripod instead. The first steps is to determine what antennas to use and then put thinks together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would think any decent WiFi antenna for telemetry and control....Perhaps the same for video in the 5.8GHz band.

I was thinking of doing the tripod "thing".... I also have a "portable" 30 foot mast (army surplus) --- But, then again, I really don't need that much range and like my ST16 and H a little less tied down.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval