Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Can White Balance Be Stored

Reaction score
I'm wondering if there could be a way to save a white balance taken with a white balance card on maybe an SD card in the ST16 similar to the way you can for dslr's??

Using a white balance card helps with product photography, but not landscapes. I don't want to lose the color cast a sunrise or sunset gives. The same thing happens to a lesser degree with all the light variations through the day. One reason to shoot raw. You can do whatever you want with color balance in post.

Here is a snippet from some video I shot a few mornings ago. None of the awb settings would give me the correct color and I have not had this issue before. Looks like it was in the 8k range, Maybe it was a one timer. I certainly hope so.

Attachments

• White balance off.JPG
    White balance off.JPG
    65.6 KB · Views: 6
Based on my years of experience with digital still and video work, I always leave my cameras in Daytime WB and shoot RAW whenever possible. This not only preserves the color cast of the ambient light (sunrise/sunset images have a golden glow, overcast days look cool), but also gives me a known starting point if I have to do any color correction.

I'm still at least one month out from receiving my Typhoon H, but one of the first things I will do when I get it is to create a custom color profile for the DNG stills using a X-Rite Colorchecker. This goes beyond the whitebalance issue and preserves natural colors regardless of how the camera's RGB channels respond. I'll be glad to share the profile when available if nobody else beats me to the punch.

Based on my years of experience with digital still and video work, I always leave my cameras in Daytime WB and shoot RAW whenever possible. This not only preserves the color cast of the ambient light (sunrise/sunset images have a golden glow, overcast days look cool), but also gives me a known starting point if I have to do any color correction.

I'm still at least one month out from receiving my Typhoon H, but one of the first things I will do when I get it is to create a custom color profile for the DNG stills using a X-Rite Colorchecker. This goes beyond the whitebalance issue and preserves natural colors regardless of how the camera's RGB channels respond. I'll be glad to share the profile when available if nobody else beats me to the punch.
Sounds good! Thank you.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval