Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

can you mod the q500 cgo3 4k to work on the H

Reaction score
Hey gang this may be a crazy thought but I have a couple cgo3 4k cameras from my q500's So the thought is after loosing the entire gimbal assembly at 200 feet on my H I thought maybe with the parts I was able to recover and the cgo3's from the q's I could Frankenstein the 2 together and get something that is somewhat functional Whatcha think will a little Yankee ingenuity work?

Reactions: Lei Scheidell
Okay What if I married the CGo3 camera assrmbly on to the 360 rotation arm of the H or do yo suggest just using the q500 gimbal as is and forgo the rotation?

Mechanically I don't think it would be an issue. The "Yoke" and camera ball seem to be the same. The issue would be the sensors. I'm not sure if you could get away with changing only the sensors. You may have to change the roll and tilt motors also. You can't use the sensors of the CGo3 on the CG03+ gimbal board. The sensors have to be matched to each individual board, and cannot be swapped, even between identical cameras.
I am not sure the wire length is the same, but if anything I think the CG03 wires would be longer than the associated CGo3+ wires. The main thing is getting the wires plugged back in to the correct sockets. The boards are very different, so you have to know which wire goes to which socket on each gimbal board.

If it was mine, I would just use the CGo3 as is, rather than risk having two damaged cameras. If you have the tools and expertise, it maybe isn't such a bad idea to try it. I have never done this swap, but it at least looks feasible.

Mechanically I don't think it would be an issue. The "Yoke" and camera ball seem to be the same. The issue would be the sensors. I'm not sure if you could get away with changing only the sensors. You may have to change the roll and tilt motors also. You can't use the sensors of the CGo3 on the CG03+ gimbal board. The sensors have to be matched to each individual board, and cannot be swapped, even between identical cameras.
I am not sure the wire length is the same, but if anything I think the CG03 wires would be longer than the associated CGo3+ wires. The main thing is getting the wires plugged back in to the correct sockets. The boards are very different, so you have to know which wire goes to which socket on each gimbal board.

If it was mine, I would just use the CGo3 as is, rather than risk having two damaged cameras. If you have the tools and expertise, it maybe isn't such a bad idea to try it. I have never done this swap, but it at least looks feasible.
Thanks for the valuable input. I have mocked it up and ran a short test on the steady cam. The 2 problems I encountered is that it doesn't look as if I'm going tobe able to get the CGo3 to level off and come completely facing forward. And then other issue I have run into is a continuous beep-beep-beep repeated beep-beep-beep repeated. I have video and pitch for the most part and Blue LED showing on the ball I will make a short video so everyone can see right after I have my dinner here in Sin City
Thanks for your advice and I'm sure your a little curious to what it looks like Stay tune I should be able to get it uploaded in about an hour

Hey gang this may be a crazy thought but I have a couple cgo3 4k cameras from my q500's So the thought is after loosing the entire gimbal assembly at 200 feet on my H I thought maybe with the parts I was able to recover and the cgo3's from the q's I could Frankenstein the 2 together and get something that is somewhat functional Whatcha think will a little Yankee ingenuity work?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bech