Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

cannot update autopilot

Reaction score
I tried to update the firmware to the latest version following the instructions found on this forum.
The gimbal file is properly updated. The camera.bin file is deleted, it's unclear to me if it means it is successful but I assume it is.
The autopilot.yuneec file is not processed correctly. The log file ends like this:

send reboot
send reboot
failed to get reboot acknowledged at 500000, continuing anyway
error: no ack received (ret: 2)
could not talk to bootloader, giving up

I found posts describing the same problems but there is no mention of a solution.

So I then tried to downgrade to an earlier version but the result is exactly the same. Upgraded again, this time with American version: same result.

Furthermore I do not understand which file is responsible for which operations. It is clear regarding the gimbal, but what does the autopilot do exactly ? Is it running in the drone body and the C23 is only used as a way to transfer the file ?

Attached is a screenshot of what shows up on the remote control.

Attachments

• IMG_20190714_0040484.jpg
    IMG_20190714_0040484.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 33
Everything concerning the aircraft loads through the camera. The CGO-3 contains code that enables some flight data functions. Writing geo reference data to image files is one of them. So the camera and aircraft “cross talk” to some extent.

I would try updating using the SD card method. Make sure only the file for the component is on the card. Do not put the aircraft, camera, and ST-16 files on a card at the same time. Clear the card, do the ST-16, clear the card, then do the camera and aircraft together.

Actually this is the method I tried. Is there any other? I am updating the Typhoon H plus with the C23 camera.

Reactions: oliver
Thanks for the link. Concerning the update of the camera, it looks like there is no difference between this set of instructions and the other one I had seen before. To be sure I tried again after reformatting the SD card but to no avail...

What are the implications of a missing autopilot file? Can the drone take off at all?

But what I don't get is that if I connect this camera to another H plus body, which shows the autopilot v1.5 when connected to its "own" camera, I don't see any autopilot either. Yet if the autopilot is installed in the drone, shouldn't I see it?

Yes, and no. Although the second drone, when using its own camera, reports the AP it becomes obvious the camera firmware and aircraft firmware link to form a functional loop when the camera is installed.

Installing the camera from the Non AP reporting aircraft on the reporting AP aircraft and seeing the reporting AP aircraft no longer reporting the AP suggests the issue resides in the camera.

Have you tried uploading the camera firmware again yet?

No, I will try tonight but I had already installed it multiple times and I see the corresponding build displayed on the remote (as in the uploaded picture).

Would it make sense to use the camera running the latest firmware to try to upload the autopilot on the non AP reporting drone?

You have to reflash. If you have tried multiple times, don’t do it again for another 2 or 10 times. A clean reflash is needed so you will not get a broken or corrupted build.

But how does one reflash? Any link to another post?
Turn the H Plus up side down. Then go to the bind menu, select Drone, then press the refresh arrows. When the aircraft is displayed in the box in white letters, select it. Then go back to the firmware display.

It also helps to place an incense burner next to the upside down aircraft, gently fanning the smoke with a peacock feather.

Turn the H Plus up side down. Then go to the bind menu, select Drone, then press the refresh arrows. When the aircraft is displayed in the box in white letters, select it. Then go back to the firmware display.
Hi Steve, Thanks for your message. I know the procedure to bind the aircraft, but what would you expect me to be able to do then that would otherwise not have been possible?

Hi Steve, Thanks for your message. I know the procedure to bind the aircraft, but what would you expect me to be able to do then that would otherwise not have been possible?
In the past I have seen the same problem as shown in your picture. That procedure fixed the issue. The binding is not complete.

I tried to install the autopilot using my other camera: it worked. So it looks like the problem comes from the camera that appears unable to establish a connection with the aircraft.
That camera had a crash so maybe there is actually a hardware issue. How does the camera normally communicate with the aircraft?
I also noticed that it's not possible to change the maximum altitude and other similar settings.

So it looks like the great mystery is solved: I opened the camera and the TX wire was disconnected...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval